Probikekit - a company to avoid - returns lost in post

Thebigbee
Thebigbee Posts: 570
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Just to inform people that I have had terrible "service" from this company. They give you a huge form to fill out with returns - which I followed to a tee. Saved them money by not sending recorded - as stated in their RMA.

Allegedly the item has not been received - even though sent 1st class on the 2nd - 6 days ago.

Funnily enough I sent a return back to CRC via their FREE returns a day after - and was refunded on Tuesday!

Of course - RM may have stolen this item. Doubt it as send 30+ items a month and haven't had one "disappear" in 6 months.

Probikekit - a bunch of thieves IMO. £32.70 down the drain.

Avoid at all costs.

Will happily revise / delete if I get my money back or even a response... Which I doubt is gonna happen as they responded asking me for "tracking details" - FFS - tried saving this company money as not included in their ridiculous RMA forms. Absolutely livid. A company to AVOID at all costs IMO.

Any problem - you will be fobbed off and told lies. Utter C Units!!!

Jokers

Comments

• Never had an issue with Wiggle or CRC - Probike kit - hmm - strangely my package has disappeared.

Bunch of thieves. Stick with Wiggle and CRC - they aren't thieves like PBK!!!
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    I doubt they'd intentionally steal £32.70. They're a well established business and it's merely peanuts to them. Why would they take the chance to damage their reputation for a small sum. Maybe they lost it after having received it or it was lost by RM. These things happen, which is why you need to use recorded. Haven't returned anything through them before, I do however like Wiggle's free returns service.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Why are PBK to blame for RM or any courier companies inability to deliver?

I'm firin' up the popcorn machine. This is gonna be a good one
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    thebigbee comes back with a bang!

It's one thing to be unhappy about a company's customer service but you need to be careful about some of your accusations on a public forum.
  • colsoop
    colsoop Posts: 217
    I would delete your 5th paragraph bud, it may get you in a spot of bother.

As for not sending back recorded delivery for the sake of £1 is it worth not having the proof it was sent and potentially losing a whole chunk more money because of that.

If you see it from their side it could be so easily abused if they went on the word of every customer and just blindly refunded even if they hadn't received back an item.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I blame Wiggle
  • My 1st question is - did you send it recorded?
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Always worth sending goods back on a "to be signed for" basis. That way you can track a delivery and have some peace of mind for very little money.

6 days doesn't mean it won't turn up, I've had stuff arrive more than 6 days after it was sent, although I do live in the sticks.

This isn't a business I've had any experience with, but I'm not sure your description is wholly accurate or fair. Your post reminds me of a text sent in haste under the influence of alcohol, regretted next morning.
    Ridley Orion
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Of course it should have been sent recorded which requires a signature, this surely is common sense. Plus the fact that it comes with insurance. Does the OP realise this might not be PBK's fault at all? Royal Mail are notoriously bad at loosing goods imo .... 6 days sent at 1st class normal doesn't sound too outrageous to me. We recently sold an item on Ebay and sent it by courier, the buyer got it over 30 days after us sending, and that is a private company, so $hit can, and does, happen.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    edited November 2012
    So......... You decide not to send it recorded, it gets lost in the post, and you decide, in your usual fashion, to fly off he handle and have a go at someone, in this case PBK.

Did it not occur to you that it may have got lost, and PBK haven't set out to steal £32.70 from you. :roll:

Personally, I've never had an issue with PBK, but then I return goods by recorded delivery.

Sound like your own stupid fault to me.

Ever thought of talking to someone about your anger issues ?
    :roll:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Never ha an issue with PBK. They've always been super fast with great service. Perhaps it's just that the whole world is against you...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • why would not send recorded ??
    or at the very least get proof of postage.
    you say you are a regular sender of parcels. 30+ a month and never had one go missing..

well this is your first..

anoying i know but your own fault.

i sell many things on here and alwas send recorded or get proof of postage.

you learn the hard way to do it that way
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Are you saying their returns info advises you not to send back using recorded post or that you took it upon yourself to decide it wasn't worth it? If the former then probably just about worth having a rant over it, if the latter then you want to go and stand in front of a mirror and rant at what you see for being a muppet...
  • From recollection - the returns policy states what PBK considers to be acceptable forms of postage for returns. It doesn't stipulate that any items sent by normal post will automatically be eligible for refund/exchange. For anything of that value, I would have paid the extra for recorded (although I appreciate this must be a frustrating experience for you!).

You could make a claim with Royal Mail but am unsure how much you would be able to claim for (think there is a relatively low cap depending on the class of postage used).
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    The RM compensation limit is 100x the 1st class stamp price so it would cover this item.

OP has absolutely no grounds for his complaint about PBK, it is his error (either that or maybe it is Wiggle's fault). OP may have libelled PBK (or maybe Bikeradar has by publishing it).
  • PBK is one of the most efficient online retailers I've come across.

Your complaint is really with Royal Mail who lost your item. I'm afraid you'll have to learn from the mistake. Always send recorded delivery for anything which is worth money.
  • Just to clarify for anyone who hasn't used PBK before or for people that have. Their own RMA says to post 1st or 2nd class and get Proof of Postage.

Nowhere does it say use recorded. Which I am regretting not doing. Just find it strange that over 6 months of selling 30+ items a month on Ebay - majority not recorded - haven't had one complaint.

It could be that RM have "stolen" or mislaid this item. Have to say it is very odd that have had no response from PBK after posting this message.

Have never had problems like this with CRC, Wiggle or Evans,

Makes me wonder...
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -week.html

Read that and then think about it in relation to your particular issue!
    Ridley Orion
  • alfablue
    Thebigbee wrote:
    Just to clarify for anyone who hasn't used PBK before or for people that have. Their own RMA says to post 1st or 2nd class and get Proof of Postage.
    So you did this? Good, so then you claim from RM.
    Nowhere does it say use recorded. Which I am regretting not doing. Just find it strange that over 6 months of selling 30+ items a month on Ebay - majority not recorded - haven't had one complaint.
    luck!
    It could be that RM have "stolen" or mislaid this item.
    Why think they have stolen it? You are paranoid mate!
    Have to say it is very odd that have had no response from PBK after posting this message.
    Why on earth should they respond to this thread? Now I'm convinced you're Speed King!
    well you haven't had a problem with PBK either, you have had a problem with yourself, and perhaps RM.
    Makes me wonder...
    well try thinking instead.
  • nochekmate wrote:
    thebigbee comes back with a bang!

It's one thing to be unhappy about a company's customer service but you need to be careful about some of your accusations on a public forum.

LOL - it is definitely back with a bang! People should stop responding - alternatively PBK could have the decency to respond to emails and should make their tiresomely long RMA clearer and insist on recorded returns.

I followed it to a tee, returned in all their original packaging - all to save them money.

Wish I had paid the extra 72p recorded.

Of course - it could be RM. Either way - pretty shoddy CS when you have sent them the POP a few days earlier - hence this post - and no response.

I stand by it. And am sure PBK will stand by the £30 they have stolen off me.
  • Thebigbee
    Thebigbee Posts: 570
    edited November 2012
    alfablue wrote:
    Thebigbee wrote:
    Just to clarify for anyone who hasn't used PBK before or for people that have. Their own RMA says to post 1st or 2nd class and get Proof of Postage.
    So you did this? Good, so then you claim from RM.
    luck!
    It could be that RM have "stolen" or mislaid this item.
    Why think they have stolen it? You are paranoid mate!
    Have to say it is very odd that have had no response from PBK after posting this message.
    Why on earth should they respond to this thread? Now I'm convinced you're Speed King!
    well you haven't had a problem with PBK either, you have had a problem with yourself, and perhaps RM.
    Makes me wonder...
    well try thinking instead.

Too much time on your hands?
    Is it not time to grow up?
    Quoting the Daily Mail - Please! - LOL

Pretty clear why I am annoyed - but by all means keep posting - all it does is give PBK a negative review on Google.

Carry on - LOL - cheers!!!

Shame that my post is where? Oh yes - it is 2nd in this forum and has the most replies.

LOVE the fact that annoys so many people.

That an actual helpful post - could help out beginners. Really annoys some of you doesn't it? Ahahahhahahahah

Love it... Keep the abuse up - it's Hilarious......
  • alfablue
    No, it's not clear why you are annoyed, at least there isn't a rational reason other than you realise you've been a muppet and want to blame an innocent party.

Quoting the Daily Mail???? Where?
  • alfablue wrote:
    No, it's not clear why you are annoyed, at least there isn't a rational reason other than you realise you've been a muppet and want to blame an innocent party.

Talk about obsessed. You quoted the DM and have now edited.

Hilarious that you went to SOOOO much effort and completely missed the point.

You a bit angry?......

And pathetic?.......

Keep it up - if you can... all it does is help promote the OP...

LOL
  • alfablue wrote:

Don't you think you come across as a bit of a psycho?

Hilarious.....

Thanks for promoting PBK as a terrible company though - keep commenting.....
  • It was me who put a link to a Daily Mail article, that shows 0.7% of letters/parcels either go missing or are delayed. The point being that you claim to have sent 30 items per month without a problem, therefore the law of averages says you are due a loss, as demonstrated by those figures in the DM.

I wouldn't have bothered responding had I realised I was replying to a complete prat who doesn't have the brains to see the blindingly obvious.

As for the publicity you believe you have created for the supplier, I think you'll find it's bad publicity for the OP, and the supplier is backed by everyone else on the thread.

I am surprised that no-one has complained about your article, given that you have accused a company of being thieves, with absolutely no base or substance.
    Ridley Orion
  • I have also let PBK know about this post - as they haven't responded to my emails, containing my proof of postage. They haven't responded.

You can make your own mind up about that. There is nothing libellous - only the truth has been told. And non - existent CS.

I'd just keep my mouth shut unless I know about the actual case.

But any comments don't do PBK any favours. So keep it up....
  • It was me who put a link to a Daily Mail article, that shows 0.7% of letters/parcels either go missing or are delayed. The point being that you claim to have sent 30 items per month without a problem, therefore the law of averages says you are due a loss, as demonstrated by those figures in the DM.

I wouldn't have bothered responding had I realised I was replying to a complete prat who doesn't have the brains to see the blindingly obvious.

As for the publicity you believe you have created for the supplier, I think you'll find it's bad publicity for the OP, and the supplier is backed by everyone else on the thread.

I am surprised that no-one has complained about your article, given that you have accused a company of being thieves, with absolutely no base or substance.

Apart from the fact that I have emailed them the Proof of Postage so I guess is evidence.

Grow up you angry little DM reader....

And keep posting. Does it affect me or PBK?

You seem to be the prat... of the highest order!!! - LOL

Think about it pal!! ahhahaahhah

Why would I care about bad publicity you tool? - LOL

I can prove all the correspondence I have with PBK. It is a joke.

They have STOLEN over £30 off me.

Do you not thik it is strange that an online company has NOT responded to my complaints?......

Even though they have a copy of the POP?

Bizarre .......
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Proof of posting isn't proof of delivery!

How can it possibly be PBK's fault for a lost/delayed package. You need to calm down and claim against RM, however you need to wait 15 days..........................if your heads not exploded by then!

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-servi ... mpensation
  • Flasher wrote:
    Proof of posting isn't proof of delivery!

How can it possibly be PBK's fault for a lost/delayed package. You need to calm down and claim against RM, however you need to wait 15 days..........................if your heads not exploded by then!

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-servi ... mpensation

Thanks for pointing out the obvious - I actually know this.

It is disgusting that PBK haven't even responded.

I pointed out this to them - they didn't want to know.

A joke of an online retailer IMO - one to avoid.

Never had a problem with CRC, Wiggle, Evans etc. Only because I followed their incredibly complex RMA to save them money - that I have complained and feel ripped off!!!!

Bas tards.
This discussion has been closed.