Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    womack said:

I went to the pub this afternoon and as far as I could tell all the punters were hetrosexual

I don't think there were any shirtlifters or rugmunchers in there, just normal people enjoying themselves.

Nice relaxing day without being "policed" by the over zealous.

I do rug munching. Have you tried it?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,682
    pinno said:

womack said:

I went to the pub this afternoon and as far as I could tell all the punters were hetrosexual

I don't think there were any shirtlifters or rugmunchers in there, just normal people enjoying themselves.

Not at the pub, though; surely?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,631
    Wordle is in the news. Thought I'd give it a go. Got the word with my first guess. Time to retire.
  • Wordle is in the news. Thought I'd give it a go. Got the word with my first guess. Time to retire.

That's insane.
    It's a decent first word to try, I suppose. Multiple vowels and a fairly common start.
  • A Greasy mutton pie
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,920

Wordle is in the news. Thought I'd give it a go. Got the word with my first guess. Time to retire.

That'll be the 5g chip implant.

I had one go, but total failure, only got it on the second (having got four letters in the right place in the first guess). I might ask for my chip to be replaced.

Sorry to hear you're feeling ◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️
  • Sunny/mild day today, it almost felt spring like.
  • pinno
    rjsterry said:

pinno said:

womack said:

Not at the pub, though; surely?
    Depends how much i've had.
  • pinno
  • briantrumpet
    Just realising that, all being well, I should be able to cycle along to see this on the Sunday:

• briantrumpet
    And under the 'all being well' bit, but cheering me up, phoning my GP at 9.30 this morning, and by 12.15 had seen two nurses for various tests, and the GP in between the two nurses (as it were).
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Had a telephone consultation with my health centre and prostate screening was mentioned (I’m heading to that age). “Is that a digital exam” I asked.
    “No, you have to have a face-to-face”.
    Practice nurse didn’t know why I was laughing - twice over.
  • pinno
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,572
    Put my car in the garage as it has develop a loud rattling noise. My most optimistic hope was that it was just a section of the exhaust that needed replacing and I agreed with the garage that they would get on with the work if it was minor and they would only call if it was a bigger job. I received a call less than an hour after dropping it off so feared the worst only to be told it was a corroded bracket on the heat shield so that had removed the heat shield and there is no charge! It's always good to find a garage you can trust.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,788
    You think the heat shield served no purpose?
    My wife had similar. They fitted an enlarged washer and remounted. No charge.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • briantrumpet
    Pross said:

Put my car in the garage as it has develop a loud rattling noise. My most optimistic hope was that it was just a section of the exhaust that needed replacing and I agreed with the garage that they would get on with the work if it was minor and they would only call if it was a bigger job. I received a call less than an hour after dropping it off so feared the worst only to be told it was a corroded bracket on the heat shield so that had removed the heat shield and there is no charge! It's always good to find a garage you can trust.

That reminds me that I think there's a small hole in my exhaust. Must take it to my (trustworthy) garage.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I had a clutch pedal catching on the return a few years back.
    The garage ordered the proper part for about £40.
    Stated it was a load of crap and no wonder it failed. Sent it back and did a proper engineering job to create a new join.
    Still going strong now.

When the same car was about 5 years old and still being serviced at the dealership I got told the clutch was in need of replacing and was slipping.
    Although quite high mileage, the car literally cruised to work and back on the motorway with very little stress.

Lo and behold my clutch did start all sorts of misbehaviour after this diagnosis. Took it the proper garage. They took it all apart and put it back together stating absolutely nothing wrong with it.

And guess what, it drove fine after that and is still going strong to date with another 80K miles on it.

Can’t help but feel the dealership loosened something.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Proviz clothing.

utterly blimmin' amazing.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904

Making the most of free hotel electric :D

• pinno
    ^ saw that pic on my Microsoft start up/sign in screen.
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

You think the heat shield served no purpose?

This ^.
    On my old Porker, there is a heat shield over the left hand hydraulic engine mount. This I didn't know existed and some knowledgeable individual pointed out that the 5 to 7 year lifespan of the mounts are severely reduced without that heat shield.
    I then retro fitted the shield (bought direct from a dealer for very reasonable money as it is considered as a sundry item). Given that I did the mounts when the engine was out and was easy, i'm grateful for that heads up because in situ, the job of replacing the mounts are a PITA.

• lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    The dog is not impressed.
  • pinno
  • briantrumpet
    Doing a week's worth of blood pressure monitoring, and getting a pulse rate of 49.
  • Wordle is in the news. Thought I'd give it a go. Got the word with my first guess. Time to retire.

That's insane.
    It's a decent first word to try, I suppose. Multiple vowels and a fairly common start.
    CRANE!!!!!
  • Waking up each morning to find that my heart hasn't exploded...yet
  • briantrumpet
    A new bell for my commuting bike, that should be audible even to the oldies walking in the middle of Topsham roads, and a new Silent Brass trombone mute, so I can practise at home without upsetting the neighbours: it's a clever bit of kit with a microphone in the mute, whose output goes into a little box of tricks that produces a decent trombone sound through headphones.

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    That looks like an episode of George Clarke's Amazing Spaces.