Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

How we apply pressure on those nations, I have no idea.

We could lead by example and stop driving flash German cars for the fun of it ;) (even if it wasn't on WS' list)
    Stevo. I would much have preferred to have gone electric rather than my 'flash Deutsch wagen'. But the costs are rediculous. How does any government expect the general population to stop driving petrol or diesel cars when cost of electric cars is way out there. Ford Focus Electric is from £33k !!
    True, but I'm not an early adopter here. Realistically when electric cars are decent value and fun enough to drive/have a decent operating range then I may consider joining the milk float brigade.

Although TBH, right now they would have to prise the keys to my V8 Panzerwagon out of my cold dead hands >:)

thought you wanted a decent range?!

Oh - I guess you don't mind getting your mitts dirty every 300 miles ...

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,662
    slowbike said:

Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

We could lead by example and stop driving flash German cars for the fun of it ;) (even if it wasn't on WS' list)
    Stevo. I would much have preferred to have gone electric rather than my 'flash Deutsch wagen'. But the costs are rediculous. How does any government expect the general population to stop driving petrol or diesel cars when cost of electric cars is way out there. Ford Focus Electric is from £33k !!
    True, but I'm not an early adopter here. Realistically when electric cars are decent value and fun enough to drive/have a decent operating range then I may consider joining the milk float brigade.

Although TBH, right now they would have to prise the keys to my V8 Panzerwagon out of my cold dead hands >:)

Fair point! At least it only takes a couple of minutes to fill 'er up again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Pross said:

I fitted new taps to the bathroom sink over Christmas. They were good value and are lovely and smooth but the hot tap opens by turning clockwise which I forget virtually every time I use it after 40 odd years turning taps anti-clockwise to open them!

That would have to go. :)

The older I get, the better I was.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,792
    edited January 2020
    If you want to be green, wouldn't you be better off buying a small, relatively modern, second hand, light car? Like 1litre polo or something.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Stevo_666 said:

slowbike said:

Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

and the car? :open_mouth:
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288

If you want to be green, wouldn't you be better off buying a small, relatively modern, second hand, light car? Like 1litre polo or something.

I did exactly this, well it's a 1 litre Skoda Citigo but same difference. 50+mpg (real world mpg not fake manufacturers figures) cheap to buy, cheap to insure and service and does pretty much everything I want it do, including 360 mile trips to Inverness where it happily cruises at 75mph. Oh and I'm 6'5" and there's plenty of space so long as nobody wants to sit behind me. ' Kin brilliant little car if you're not bothered about image which I'm not. My wife on the other hand has a Qashqai Technika which is alright I suppose but costs a helluva lot more in all respects.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,681
    Stevo_666 said:

slowbike said:

Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Why don't you just get the Rapide E by Aston Martin?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    awavey said:

Campsites which don't allow a group of 3 blokes by virtue of the fact we aren't a family.

It's only me, my brother and a mate going cycling. Might pretend my mate is my stepbrother or something and claim we're a family.

What do they think we are going to do for christ's sakes.

stay up late,making lots of noise,playing loud music, keeping the other campers awake and annoyed, and generally being a pita, it happens unfortunately some campsites apply that rule more gender equally fwiw as do some hotels/b&bs Ive stayed in with friends, and its just easier for people who run these campsites to try and discourage you from staying in groups like that, than trying to work out if youd likely be one of the annoying groups or one of the perfectly behaved groups.
    Yeah sure but I have been on campsites with large family groups who've kept us awake!

Also we are looking at doing some big bike rides so the chance of us staying up late is pretty remote.
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2020

Aha - already have: my daughter drives one o:):) So on average we're probably not too bad environmentally.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    slowbike said:

Stevo_666 said:

slowbike said:

Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

and the car? :open_mouth:
    Steady on, Finbarr...
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2020

Stevo_666 said:

slowbike said:

Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Why don't you just get the Rapide E by Aston Martin?
    I prefer to enjoy my noisy V8 before it get banned.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368

Yeah sure but I have been on campsites with large family groups who've kept us awake!

Also we are looking at doing some big bike rides so the chance of us staying up late is pretty remote.

yes but they dont know that, thats the problem, its just on their past experiences the groups they have the most trouble with
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,413
    Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Part x your overpriced, niggly heap:

https://ev-database.uk/car/1116/Porsche-Taycan-Turbo-S
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Niggly compared to what - your car? :)

And definitely not overpriced compared to that Taycan.
  • pinno
    edited January 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Given the age of mine and the price tag...

Anyway, whatevs - what's more important is that genius Coopster has outed Orraloon... wait for it (hope you're sitting down)... as a terrorist sympathiser. Ban 'Loon I say.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Anyway, whatevs - what's more important is that genius Coopster has outed Orraloon... wait for it (hope you're sitting down)... as a terrorist sympathiser. Ban 'Loon I say.
    Tell me something new...
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

mr_goo said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Tell me something new...
    How's that new job you got at GCHQ?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,716
    edited January 2020
    😊 Really should belong on the 'cheer you up' thread. But getting outed by some serial internet b3llend as a terrorist sympathiser...

"Orthodoxy means not thinking - not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness." (D Cummings, 2020) or rather (G Orwell, 1949)
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

😊 Really should belong on the 'cheer you up' thread. But getting outed by some serial internet b3llend as a terrorist sympathiser...

"Orthodoxy means not thinking - not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness." (D Cummings, 2020) or rather (G Orwell, 1949)

Could have been worse. He could have outed you as a leftie...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I miss my periodic outing as a bigot by Titania McGrath.
  • Stevo_666

You haven't said anything that could be construed by anyone snowflakey as even vaguely offensive for a while. Try harder...
  • shortfall

Isn't that a parody account?
  • Stevo_666
    shortfall said:

It is, but he's really referring to Cake Stop's answer to Titania MGrath. See if you can guess who that might be :smile:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,716
    Well, that's the second thing I've learned today, after Travelex being more than a retail currency ripoff merchant. I guess as I don't tw@tter then I miss out on such educationals.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

You haven't said anything that could be construed by anyone snowflakey as even vaguely offensive for a while. Try harder...

Tbh I never thought I had.
    Some people though... Sheesh!
  • shortfall
    Stevo_666 said:

shortfall said:

It is, but he's really referring to Cake Stop's answer to Titania MGrath. See if you can guess who that might be :smile:
    Ah gotcha!
  • Funniest thing about Titania McGrath is that her "creator" Andrew Doyle threatened to sue someone for telling a joke about him in December.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

Funniest thing about Titania McGrath is that her "creator" Andrew Doyle threatened to sue someone for telling a joke about him in December.

This did indeed strike me as a little ironic, but tbf it was someone accusing him of being racist, not telling a joke about him

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Gin & Tonic Everything....
    Crisps, Yoghurt, G&T Battered Fish!!
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • ballysmate
    An annoyance but no surprise. French ATC on strike again.