Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Weather forecasts that r hopelessly wrong - 2days in row...no rain no showers and it pxxxed down.
    Canyon bikes that put delivery dates that are 4 to 7 months away...why bother? like im going to wait that long!
  • beams87
    beams87 Posts: 151
    coriordan wrote:
    A poorly stacked dishwasher

Not tea bags in the sink?
    "A beaten path is for beaten men"
  • Tescos instead of Tesco.
    Hills hurt but sofas kill.
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    When people refer to Prince William as "Wills". Where did the 's' come from?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    People with tattoos, skinheads and beer bellies who walk about in an aggressive, menacing style in the mistaken belief that others will mistake their flab for muscle and be suitably intimidated.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    1. Driving 5 miles each way to the Post Office to collect a parcel because it's too big for the letter box, only to find that the parcel is not for me or even my address.
    2. Having to wait in tomorrow so I can punch the postman in the face.
    3. Probably having to go to court for item 2 but not getting item 1 taken into account.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    beams87 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    A poorly stacked dishwasher

Not tea bags in the sink?

The ironing board being left out. I don't bloody need it, I don't even have a job!
  • finchy
    Suits and ties.

School uniform. Absolutely pointless. Nearly every other country in Europe manages to cope without it and somehow they learn how to read, write and do their sums.

Caramel-filled chocolate.
  • Slightly more irrational this one but people who drive to and from work whilst still wearing their high-vis vests/coats in the car, for some reason it bugs the hell out of me.

The phrase 'Hard-working families' as used once again by politicians when discussing the lastest fuel duty increase. I'd happily smack anyone in the face caught using it.
  • BBC weather "over-forecasting"

Huge wind arrows on the map and an amber rainfall warning did not square with the gentle breeze and light overcast.

LOOK OUT THE FECKING WINDOW FFS INSTEAD OF RELYING ON A SATELLITE IMAGE THAT'S 24HRS OUT OF DATE!

...and breathe....
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Women that don't get out their purse until the shop assistant has told them what they owe!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    seanoconn wrote:
    Women that don't get out their purse until the shop assistant has told them what they owe!

Yeah this really bugs me too. They are normally buying something for an obvious amount, queue, then spend 5 minutes at the counter finding their purse and sorting out their loose coppers to pay, causing absolute gridlock behind.
    Mañana
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    pb21 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Yeah this really bugs me too. They are normally buying something for an obvious amount, queue, then spend 5 minutes at the counter finding their purse and sorting out their loose coppers to pay, causing absolute gridlock behind.

And sorting through the coupons, don't forget the coupons. :roll:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Politicians who say “Look” at the beginning of a reply.

Politicians who say “I’ve made it very clear” when they’ve done anything but.

Politicians who say “efficient and effective”. Actually, anyone who says that.

Politicians. :evil:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    pb21 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

And sorting through the coupons, don't forget the coupons. :roll:

...and car park machines....by all means take a bit of time if you walk straight up to the machine...but if you are QUEUEING please use the time to find some change instead of talking to your friend about what you have bought/want to buy... :evil:

...Oh...and DON'T pack your shopping into the bag on top of your purse. You WILL have to unpack it all. And especially - DON'T turn round and simper 'Oh I am silly' to me. The word is 'stupid' not 'silly'.
  • finchy
    Moustaches.

Thin Lizzy's "The Boys Are Back In Town"
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    People who stand on the travelator which is the only access to the shopping floor from the carpark in my local Tesco. There is a large window to the side of it, and they stand there and look at the 'view' (carpark and shitty market town) as if they are on some form of fairground ride. I'm always in a hurry, and walk at a fast pace most places, and to have to stand behind these numpties really annoys me.

To the embarrassment of Mrs Slog, I usually say "excuse me please" and walk past them, at which point they suddenly wake up with a sort of "I never thought of THAT!" expression and begin walking too. :roll:

(Please forgive me if I've posted this somewhere before, I can't find it if I have)

The older I get, the better I was.

• pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    People who walk out of a shop, straight onto a busy pavement, and then stop in the middle of it whilst they check their recent purchase/wait for someone, thus causing the pedestrian equivalent of multiple car crash pile up during rush hour on the M25.
    Mañana
  • seanoconn wrote:

In a similar vein, I drive through the Mersey Tunnels every day to get to work, often sitting in a queue of 20+ cars approaching the automatic toll booths. Why the feck do people only decide to start looking for their money when they get to the booth ?? Why haven't they already got it in their hand ready to pay. It's not exactly a surprise that they have to pay to get through the tunnel.

I've even been behind people who spend an age looking for money, only to get out and look in the boot, and then when they can't find any, attempt to reverse out so they can go to a booth that offers change, but the 20 cars behind them also have to reverse.

Idiots like these should be culled before they can spread their stupidity on humanity.
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    People who pull the handbrake up on a car without holding the button in. That ratchet sound irks me, especially the ones who grab the h/b and yank it as hard as they can like if there's some kind of panic to stabilise the car as soon as it comes to rest. Hold the button in. To$$er$.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    People on forums quoting BSxxx, or BS*** bicycle lighting regulations for rear lights, and then stating that
    in the case of a collision between a car and a cyclist, the driver's lawyer my use the lack of BSxxx/BS***
    compliant lights against the cyclist if the matter goes to court.

Plod doesn't know the lighting regualations and the vast majority of rear bike lights sold don't comply to BS regulations.

Dont forget the thread title; my rant is for things that annoy ME. :wink:
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    Piers Morgan.

Fearne Cotton.

Holly willoughby.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Wunnunda wrote:

...and car park machines....by all means take a bit of time if you walk straight up to the machine...but if you are QUEUEING please use the time to find some change instead of talking to your friend about what you have bought/want to

A bizarre thing happened to me not so long ago. I was at the car park machine and some random stranger was stood behind me waiting. Then he casually asked if I had some change? So I started to get my money out and expecting him to pull out a £5 note. When he didn't I asked him where his money was? He replied he didn't have any, do I have some for him.

I can't believe he came up to me and expected me to pay for some random strangers car parking, for free. There wasn't even a please or thank you.

I'm happy to donate to genuine charity good causes. But I don't give my money away to a random strangers because they can't be bothered to pay their own way like everyone else.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Posts on forums that make me think, "he/she really ought to keep the bong and the PC in different rooms"

Doesn't annoy me much, I'd just prefer not to have to pause and think that . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Posts on forums that make me think, "he/she really ought to keep the bong and the PC in different rooms"

Doesn't annoy me much, I'd just prefer not to have to pause and think that . . .

Brilliant! :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Giraffoto wrote:

(Discuss.)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • crom7
    crom7 Posts: 83
    When people say:

'I'm not being or anything funny but...'

and

'I'm not being mean or anything but...'
  • crom7
    crom7 Posts: 83
    Roast beef without mustard.
    Roast pork without apple sauce.
    Roast Chicken or turkey without cranberry sauce.
    Roast lamb without mint sauce.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Old people on weekends. Why can't they do what they need to do during the week when I'm at work, rather that clog up town centres and public transport with their slow ways and bulky trolleys at weekends :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Giraffoto wrote:

(Discuss.)

You know the sort of thing. When an ordinary conversation about say, waterproofs or your favourite rides suddenly becomes a tinfoil hat rant about politics. That sort of thing
    crom7 wrote:
    Roast beef without mustard.
    Roast pork without apple sauce.
    Roast Chicken or turkey without cranberry sauce.
    Roast lamb without mint sauce.
    You appear to have misunderstood "trivial". This is life or death!
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er