Sufferfest Video

Macdory
Macdory Posts: 113
I'm new to training on the Turbo, and I still take the opportunities to get out on the Road or Mountain Bike when I can, but during the week when i'm not getting home until it's well past sunset and the weather is a bit minging i've taken to using the Turbo.

I currently have A Dark Place from the Sufferfest ,and it certainly makes the time fly by - i'd almost go as far as to say I enjoy it, but damn it hurts!

However, I would like a couple more to enable me to mix the Turbo sessions up a bit and keep boredom at bay.

Which other Sufferfest (or other DVD's) would you recommend?

Comments

• They are all pretty good to be honest.

My personal favorite is "Local Hero" and "Angles". There is a few I haven't done fully yet but "Hell Hath No Fury" always annoys me when I get dropped by the Garmin Girl.
  • manxshred
    manxshred Posts: 295
    I enjoy Angels and The Hunted. I also have Fight Club but don't enjoy that one too much.
    Depends what you want and the type of workout you want.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    I'd say the workout you go for depends on what you want to get out of it. It's no good just hurting yourself on the bike if it's making you stronger in areas you don't really need in order to complete your goals.
  • Macdory
    Looks like Angels next then...

Has anyone tried the new "There is No Try" ?
  • millster
    millster Posts: 209
    I've been using "The Hunted" lately. Gives some good, long-ish (20 min) efforts as well as some short sharp blasts to catch up with the pack/leaders etc. Plus you get to drop Lance.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Macdory wrote:

I downloaded it yesterday, couldn't resist... is it sad to be excited about a turbo video :oops:

Anyways my wife went out last night to bake some cakes so I thought I'd give it a blast. Great video and some ridiculous intervals, a very intense hour, the recovery time is 1 minute between intervals so I hardly had time think. Good for cyclocross and crit races, maybe not so good if you want some steady winter training type stuff. Oh and there's a really annoying American advertising bit in the warmdown at the end.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Macdory wrote:

I downloaded it yesterday, couldn't resist... is it sad to be excited about a turbo video :oops:

Anyways my wife went out last night to bake some cakes so I thought I'd give it a blast. Great video and some ridiculous intervals, a very intense hour, the recovery time is 1 minute between intervals so I hardly had time think. Good for cyclocross and crit races, maybe not so good if you want some steady winter training type stuff. Oh and there's a really annoying American advertising bit in the warmdown at the end.
    That's a change. Hell hath no fury had some tit wanting to discuss my mental state.
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    I don't use them, i download You Tube Music Videos and have a selection on my PC now and a decent speaker system, turn up the volume to the max and spin those cranks!

Don't know what type of music you are into but these do it big time for me:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vggo7x4hDlc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KdZEYVYaJA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYE5gYC2gkA

Also, sometimes play a cycling video download, old Tours etc., and mute the sound, and have the above music tracks playing in the back ground open in another window.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Done there is no try, it's very good! The 2012 TdF footage is great. The music is good too but as has been said, if you don't like it put some other choons on...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Macdory
    There is no Try is just brutal ... the TT in the middle was nearly the end of me. I found it a lot harder than A Very Dark Place, but given that i'm wanting to up my pace on the road it should be ideal to keep me ticking over through the winter period.

Next time I do it i'm making sure I have a scuba tank at the side, so I can swim through all the sweat ...

Feel great now its done though :) Although the warm down at the end was just strange ...