Track training

Full Merckx
Full Merckx Posts: 143
Got a shiny new velodrome in Glasgow and it is PDB (pure dead brilliant) :D . Anyone got any idea how to use it to improve my road biking (primarily TT) :?:
Thanks

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Do some TT efforts for the same distance as the TT's you will be doing?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    It looks great but is it available for public booking or any amateur racing yet?
  • kamil1891
    kamil1891 Posts: 658
    I find training on the velodrome probably the one that bring the most benefits. The conditions are constant and you can develop really good fitness by doing intervals no matter whether these are sprints, 3mins, 10mins or 1hour!! ..and obviously compared to turbo (where the conditions are constant too) you are not so bored and riding with others, at least for me, gives you a lot more motivation. However, you will be working mainly with the RPE as I don't think many can afford a PM for track riding (I do not use HR for training since I think it's misleading too often).
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    Tom Dean wrote:
    It looks great but is it available for public booking or any amateur racing yet?
    Yes. Open for accreditation courses (level 1-4) accredited rider drop in sessions & Wed night track league. It is fab. I've been on it 4 times & was racing last week. :)
  • Still working through accreditation but track league looks super-awesome (Cav style)