frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited October 2012 in Pro race
Not sure if it has been covered on this site arleady:

tumblr_mc6v5m30FD1qcqye1o1_500.png

http://pics.lockerz.com/s/254603043

tumblr_mc6v5m30FD1qcqye1o2_500.png
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• yeah, handled pretty sharply and well by her, I thought. I think there's going to be a lot more of her/Sky stepping in and responding, rather than ignoring it and allowing it to snowball.

(though I do like that the UCI doping control notice of Wiggo's test after the Chartres TT, has him as Badley Wiggins :wink: )
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I'm sorry Frenchie but how DARE you not point out the brave and noble contribution made by the brave and noble BR forumite on the cyclismas website!!!

http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/10/ground ... r-cycling/

;)

(sorry Rich)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    The snotty tone he takes in the follow up where he posts the scan is fairly obnoxious. Why not just admit that he was wrong to insinuate that anything underhand was going on and commend Sky for getting in touch?
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Graeme_S wrote:
    The snotty tone he takes in the follow up where he posts the scan is fairly obnoxious. Why not just admit that he was wrong to insinuate that anything underhand was going on and commend Sky for getting in touch?
    Yeah Normall Cyclismas is pretty good, but that was well narky for no reason. Got pwnd by F_Millar there.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    symo wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Yeah Normall Cyclismas is pretty good, but that was well narky for no reason. Got pwnd by F_Millar there.
    Nah, the guy is a complete dick and a liar. That's at least twice now that he has posted defamatory tweets that are based on untruths.
  • DeadCalm wrote:
    symo wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Nah, the guy is a complete dick and a liar. That's at least twice now that he has posted defamatory tweets that are based on untruths.

+1. Utter knob and liar
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    DeadCalm wrote:
    symo wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

+1. Utter knob and liar

+2. pretend to be anti doping, yet can't say enough positive things about how the Veulta was the race of the year.
  • Talk about barking up the wrong tree. A w@nker, an utter knob and liar. I will stick with Inner Ring when I want an intelligent pro cycling blog
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    essexeagle wrote:
    Talk about barking up the wrong tree. A w@nker, an utter knob and liar. I will stick with Inner Ring when I want an intelligent pro cycling blog

As a footnote: Inner Ring gets on very well with Cyclismas - even linking to them in a recent post and thanking them for their efforts in the armstrong affair to out the truth.
  • essexeagle wrote:
    Talk about barking up the wrong tree. A w@nker, an utter knob and liar. I will stick with Inner Ring when I want an intelligent pro cycling blog

As a footnote: Inner Ring gets on very well with Cyclismas - even linking to them in a recent post and thanking them for their efforts in the armstrong affair to out the truth.

Yeah, its easy to overlook their huge role in exposing the truth. Travis Tygart and his team get all the praise but really its the bloggers and Twitterers who've done it, isnt it? USADA are really just a front for all of the real work that's gone on.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
  • LeicesterLad
    essexeagle wrote:

Yeah, its easy to overlook their huge role in exposing the truth. Travis Tygart and his team get all the praise but really its the bloggers and Twitterers who've done it, isnt it? USADA are really just a front for all of the real work that's gone on.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Hey i'm on your side, i'm just presenting the facts regarding the relationship between Inner Ring and UCI_Overlord/Cyclismas
  • essexeagle wrote:

Well aware of the 'nom de plume idiots' connection thanks. Why this should alter my opinion that the inner ring guy is pretty sound and that uci overlord is a total knob I do not know. I believe Roosevelt quite liked Joe Stalin. Another thing, inner ring doesn't have the revolting and demeaning habit of addressing high profile cyclists as 'mate' or 'my friend' in unsolicited twitter messages. The man is an @rse
  • essexeagle wrote:
    essexeagle wrote:

Well aware of the 'nom de plume idiots' connection thanks. Why this should alter my opinion that the inner ring guy is pretty sound and that uci overlord a total knob I do not know. I believe Roosevelt quite liked Joe Stalin. Another thing, inner ring doesn't have the revolting and demeaning habit of addressing high profile cyclists as 'mate' or 'my friend' in unsolicited twitter messages. The man is an @rse

And a brown-nosing a4se-wipe. Needs a tissue whenever a pro replies to a tweet. Have massive respect for INRNG - but nothing but contempt for the other knob, Festina girl and all their little cronies.
  • LeicesterLad
    essexeagle wrote:
    essexeagle wrote:

Well aware of the 'nom de plume idiots' connection thanks. Why this should alter my opinion that the inner ring guy is pretty sound and that uci overlord is a total knob I do not know. I believe Roosevelt quite liked Joe Stalin. Another thing, inner ring doesn't have the revolting and demeaning habit of addressing high profile cyclists as 'mate' or 'my friend' in unsolicited twitter messages. The man is an @rse

Jesus, whats with getting offended? Was just pointing it out - no need for the history lesson. :roll:

Some people get really uptight really quickly for no apparent reason. Relax, its only the internet.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    My problem with Festina Gril was how overwhelmingly boring she was. I read a few comments suggesting she was one to follow, and added her, then all I ever read about was what her kid was eating or some other domestic incident of no consequence to anyone other than her. But then I suppose that the bulk of Twitter.
  • LeicesterLad
    dougzz wrote:
    My problem with Festina Gril was how overwhelmingly boring she was. I read a few comments suggesting she was one to follow, and added her, then all I ever read about was what her kid was eating or some other domestic incident of no consequence to anyone other than her. But then I suppose that the bulk of Twitter.

She tweets a lot of politics which generally bores me, has some strong feministic views too.
  • ddraver
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ddraver wrote:

My view as a relative new comer to the sport is that Sky are bad. Being successful is bad but only if its Sky. Sagan winning 3 stages is incredible but Cav doing it with no lead out is bad.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    sjmclean wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

My view as a relative new comer to the sport is that Sky are bad. Being successful is bad but only if its Sky. Sagan winning 3 stages is incredible but Cav doing it with no lead out is bad.

You've learnt quickly, well done. Also, everything Jonathan Vaughters does is for the good of the sport, anything David Brailsford does will result in the downfall of our sport, and baby kittens dying.
  • Having heard what Fran Millar is like to work with I'm glad to see someone rattling her cage.

Horrible piece of work only in a job thanks to her cheating brother and her current 'connection' to Dave B.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Having heard what Fran Millar is like to work with I'm glad to see someone rattling her cage.

Horrible piece of work only in a job thanks to her cheating brother and her current 'connection' to Dave B.
    Who did you hear that from?
  • Having heard what Fran Millar is like to work with I'm glad to see someone rattling her cage.

Someone at British Cycling as well as a couple of people at BSkyB plus people just generally involved in the sport.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Rodrego did tell us Sky and Rapha about 3 months before it was public, so he does know some stuffz.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Having heard what Fran Millar is like to work with I'm glad to see someone rattling her cage.

Someone at British Cycling as well as a couple of people at BSkyB plus people just generally involved in the sport.
    Thanks, there does always seem to be a story behind the front with these PR types.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Rodrego did tell us Sky and Rapha about 3 months before it was public, so he does know some stuffz.

Or is able to guess some stuffz

As to Fran Millar, she's a press officer, they're all scumbags.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • LeicesterLad
    iainf72 wrote:

:lol: My mates press officer for Nott's County. He is a scumbag.
  • iainf72 wrote:

She's certainly having a problem managing the press at the moment, all they seem to be getting is bad press and they seem to be unable to get out of this current spiral of bad stories. For a team that says they are compassionately ruthless as far as poor performance goes, they aren't being very ruthless at the moment. If the best they can do is post a photo of a dope control form given the current raft of innuendo and bad press then they have a problem. I bet their riders are well happy that whilst their performances are being questioned, their team pr people are busy plugging their 21 Days in July book.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243

Except he didn't 'ratlle her cage', he made up stuff (that is lied) about things to promote his anti-Sky agenda. And she has proved that he lied.
  • DeadCalm wrote:

Except he didn't 'ratlle her cage', he made up stuff (that is lied) about things to promote his anti-Sky agenda. And she has proved that he lied.

and not for the first time. he was also the one who claimed that Sky had donated a machine of some sort to the ASO - and then had to admit he made it up.
  • ddraver
    iainf72 wrote:

Yeah, 1 prediction out of a thousand aint bad eh? I suppose he's better than inside info so far...

But if FM is "head" of PR at Sky then she's certainly doing a bad job thus far! Unfortunately, reading Miss Pendleton's biography and remembering the stuff that was spouted during the spring, it seems that the Sky/Team GB conglomerate are very poor at dealing with disappointment.
    - @ddraver