I will hunt you down and grind your nuts for espresso

vermin
vermin Posts: 1,739
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
Some f*er just stole my bike. If I catch you I'm going to do stuff to you that you won't enjoy, you cnut.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not good (for you that is!) - where was it nicked from?
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Oh no...not the super six? What happened? Where was it nicked from?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Bad times fella
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    Shizer! What where how? I will help you hunt the motherfuckers down in any way I can and when we catch the lowlife shitbags I will happily assist you in separating the twunts from anything they hold dear.
    Do the usual of watching Fleabay and Gumtree. I got mine back, you might get lucky.
    So angry on your behalf. Plus a touch of drunken indignation.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Ah, shoot.

As above, you tried Gumtree etc?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    They had an excellent specific in the old west for anyone caught stealing somebody's ride. I would love to see that brought back.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I know how gutted I would feel.

I hate the SOBs on your behalf.
  • vermin
    Yup, if anyone sees a matt painted black and white supersix for sale, please shout. I left it locked to a railing for about 15 mins, near Waterloo.

Gutted, particularly as I was looking forward to riding the oly road race course this morning with VeloSport.

Hopefully the insurance will come through for me - if so then I shall be asking for help in deciding how to fill the n-1 vacancy.
  • Hoopdriver
    Fifteen minutes!

Good grief! Any CCTV footage?

I suppose it is a waste of words to ask what if anything the local constabulary is doing about this?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Feel for you, low-life thieving scum they are. Mind if I ask what lock(s) you were using.
  • vermin
    Feel for you, low-life thieving scum they are. Mind if I ask what lock(s) you were using.

Just a standard Kryptonite thing.

No CCTV, and I doubt plod will be too interested. :roll:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    vermin wrote:

Cable?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • vermin
    pangolin wrote:
    vermin wrote:

Cable?

No, a D-lock
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Got a photo of it?
  • Hoopdriver
    Somebody must have been there watching you lock it up. With. Pair of industrial bolt cutters handy.

That is just so wrong.

There needs to be a real crackdown on this sort of thing.

If yo have any kind of decent policing these sorts of scum can't be hanging around a trail station without somebody noticing
  • vermin
    Got a photo of it?

The bike?

6750726223_6bf8d8cc43.jpg

or, more recently,

8076872260_b796232609_b.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    Notify the Met Cycle Taskforce. They are rather more interested than standard plod regarding bike theft. I emailed them a link to a bloke selling some very dodgy looking bikes on EBay. 10 minutes later they emailed me to say they were looking into it as they were almost certainly stolen.
  • rick_chasey
    Will keep an eye out.
  • vermin
    Will keep an eye out.

Thanks bud.
  • rick_chasey
    Nothing on ebay so far.

There's one that is the same frame but looks a size bigger with a different saddle ;).
  • vermin
    Nothing on ebay so far.

There's one that is the same frame but looks a size bigger with a different saddle ;).

Mine's a 56cm
  • cjcp
    Nothing on Gumtree yet, either.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • vermin
    Thanks chaps.

Plod just called and took lots of details. Can't expect too much, but it's nice to hear that they at least sound genuinely interested. Cycle Task Force are also onto it.

In the mean time, how should it best be replaced? I can't bear the thought of being without for any length of time.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Crap sorry to hear that, now I'm worried about leaving my Dolan at the stn each night, I too use a kryptonite dlock
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    Brick Lane might be worth a try, given that it was nicked in central London.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    You could also try posting on LFGSS http://www.lfgss.com/thread123-189.html#post3181953, on the off-chance.

Sorry to hear about the theft.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Wow, bummer. Mine are registered with BikeRegister so there's an indelible mark on the frame and the details are stored on line. It won't really stop it getting nicked but it will help get it back if the bike's found somewhere.

I hope yours returns.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • vermin
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Wow, bummer. Mine are registered with BikeRegister so there's an indelible mark on the frame and the details are stored on line. It won't really stop it getting nicked but it will help get it back if the bike's found somewhere.

I hope yours returns.

Thanks. Mine's all marked up and on the Register too. IF it reappears, I'll get it back, but that's a big IF.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Just wondered... Has it been removed "officially" because it shouldn't have been chained where it was? Did you check with station manager?
  • vermin
    PBo wrote:
    Just wondered... Has it been removed "officially" because it shouldn't have been chained where it was? Did you check with station manager?

Nice thought, but it wasn't at the station, just geographically nearby.
  • jay197
    jay197 Posts: 196
    Bah if I had seen this thread earlier, I would have told you to go to brick lane.

So many stolen bike gets sold down there every sunday mornings, it is a joke.

I hope you get it back soon fella.