Dreadfull Aftersales from evans

2»

Comments

• itguy2
    itguy2 Posts: 88
    Haven't ever bought a bike from Evans but I know that the local store to me in Nottingham is awful. Staff don't give a monkeys, rude, look down their nose at you. V poor stock and when my wife asked about womens MTBs, they said "oh we don't stock them, you'll need to buy one then we'll get it in and refund you if you don't like it". Ridiculous.

Just shows what happens when bike shops go bad.

A few miles down the road and Rutland Cycles have loads of stock, great staff and much choice of women's MTBs too.

Lapierre Zesty 514 &
    Orange Crush 2010
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    And yet Evans are the biggest chain of bike shops in the country, so they must do something right!
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    ordered a bike seat from them for my little boy to go on the back of my commuter bike. It came but without the bracket to attach to the frame. This was the Wednesday and I was mad keen to take him out for a few rides on the bank holiday weekend.

I called them at 7.30 and someone answered the phone, I know it's not super unusual but it was nice to have a call centre open past business hours. They apologised for the mistake and said that although the warehouse was closed they would sort it out the next day.

I explained how I wanted it for the weekend and they said that if, for any reason, they could not get it to me by Friday they would give free Saturday delivery at no extra cost.

Every time I spoke to them they were polite and helpful and it was clear they were following up on commitments they gave. The bracket came on the Friday and me and the boy had a weekend of banging round the cycle paths with him hooting like a pissed up monkey.

So when I had to deal with them they were really good.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • I blame wiggle
  • I finally wish to correct my initial post
    Evans have came back to me with a really nice email, apologising for the situation, sending remplacement parts and even a gift voucher.
    They explain that this can happen (as some of you guys kindly explained) and that they understood that I could not pop up in the shop as I live 100 miles from it.
    So THANK YOU to them, BRAVO for their service.
    However coming from abroad and having expérienced after sales service in the US and even in France I am amazed from all your posts as to how little you guys expect as service in the UK...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Tried clicking the 'edit' button?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I doubt we will see him again....
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500