The Friday Troll - Nick Griffin on Twitter

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,314
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
Nope

Thought I could troll a thread. But the guy is an odious toad completely without merit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20000954

That said I do have some sympathy with the Christian B&B owners, though on balance the court judgement is about right.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    WAC.

If you run a B&B it's no longer your home, it's a business, the normal rules about discrimination apply. As for making out that you're a victim because you've been told you can't victimise others.....mmm, the ironing is delicious.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • That said I do have some sympathy with the Christian B&B owners.

Like Jesus said about homosexuals:
    Jesus wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    He's not just a troll. He's also genuinely quite stupid.

I know a few people who actually spend a lot of time studying British Facism now and then and each one are surprised by how stupid he actually is when you look at the inner workings of the BNP.

BNP is now really rather tiny.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    That said I do have some sympathy with the Christian B&B owners
    Nope. Can't refuse to let black people into newsagent, can't refuse to let gay people stay at a B&B. If you want to make money out of a venture then abide by the law. (unless you want to start a bank. ho ho ho)

And yes, Griffin, fcuking cnut. He's not even an interesting troll, just belligerent and stupid.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • tailwindhome
    dhope wrote:
    That said I do have some sympathy with the Christian B&B owners
    Nope. Can't refuse to let black people into newsagent, can't refuse to let gay people stay at a B&B.

Didn't say I agreed with them. I do have some sympathy with the argument that it's their own home and that they apply the same rules to unmarried hetro couples. However, on balance, the court decision is correct - it's discrimination and it was wrong.

The BNP are trying to form here in NI. Griffin was on the Stephen Nolan show and was torn to pieces, not just by Nolan but by the studio audience. Moron.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    I think we'll all agree that Griffin is an odious waste of skin. The fact that he is not very bright and his arguments can be ripped apart by anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence isn't surprising. It's a shame the national press waste their time on him. Starve him of publicity and he should disappear.
  • bails87
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It's a shame the national press waste their time on him. Starve him of publicity and he should disappear.
    It's because stuff like this fits into their invented reality where the only people who are discriminated against are hard-working, straight, white, christian, middle-class, middle aged men (and occasionally women). Hence all the stories about councils 'banning' christmas/crosses/easter eggs while the 'gay agenda' is "rammed down our throats". Lesbians tend to "rub our faces in it", obviously...... :wink:
    MTB/CX

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    He's my MEP. =( Sent me a Christmas card last year. =/
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • bails87
    Agent57 wrote:
    He's my MEP. =( Sent me a Christmas card last year. =/
    I hope it was a musical card that played "White Christmas" :lol:
    MTB/CX

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    The court case that denied the B&B owners' appeal probably came to the right conclusion legally but I have trouble reconciling that with the decision to award them £1800 each in damages. We've got used to massive payouts but the judge effectively said that because these two guests were unable to use the facilities of the BB they're entitled to a large chunk of the owner's income.

No doubt some legal type can come along and explain in words of three & fewer syllables to a bumpkin like me how £3600 is a justifiable figure for having to contend with somebody's heartfelt but outdated views, where no physical harm occurred and no great loss was incurred. And I know that they've said they'll give what's left over after their expenses to Oxfam, but that's not the point. Why does a bit of a disappointment on one part equal a huge financial outlay on the other's part? She's not ICI, she's a woman running a B&B.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    CiB wrote:
    The court case that denied the B&B owners' appeal probably came to the right conclusion legally but I have trouble reconciling that with the decision to award them £1800 each in damages. We've got used to massive payouts but the judge effectively said that because these two guests were unable to use the facilities of the BB they're entitled to a large chunk of the owner's income.

+1

why were the couple paid "compensation" anyway, ok if they had to stay somewhere else an it cost them more money ok. but surely not £3200 more :shock:

i like Nick Griffin, he is like a lovable oaf

obviously you dont take anything his says seriously but, come on....just look at him

1455_1163_zps51937aad.jpg

aww
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I don't like Nick Griffin, but he is a necessary evil. With the decline of the BNP we see the rise of the even further right EDL - and they are proper racists, not the Nick Griffin kind which is a little further right than UKIP, which in itself is a little further right than the Conservatives = The Government are a bunch of closet racists.

As for the B&B owners I do feel sorry for them. Can't help but think they cited the wrong religion. Had they said they were Muslim do you reckon they'd have got away with it?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    CiB wrote:

+1

why were the couple paid "compensation" anyway, ok if they had to stay somewhere else an it cost them more money ok. but surely not £3200 more :shock:

obviously you dont take anything his says seriously but, come on....just look at him

1455_1163_zps51937aad.jpg

aww

quite so.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Conservatives = The Government are a bunch of closet racists.

Where does this come from? It really is tiring people making unsubstaniated comments based on their political bias.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,337
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I don't like Nick Griffin, but he is a necessary evil. With the decline of the BNP we see the rise of the even further right EDL - and they are proper racists, not the Nick Griffin kind which is a little further right than UKIP, which in itself is a little further right than the Conservatives = The Government are a bunch of closet racists.

As for the B&B owners I do feel sorry for them. Can't help but think they cited the wrong religion. Had they said they were Muslim do you reckon they'd have got away with it?

Don't think there's much to choose between the EDL and the BNP, based on what I've seen.

No I don't feel sorry for them. If they want to run a B&B, then they have to abide by the same rules as everyone else. To not realise that, or to think that their religious beliefs give them some sort of exemption is misguided at best. And no, I don't think it makes any difference that they were Christian as opposed to Muslim or Jewish (or anything else for that matter).
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • CiB
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Conservatives = The Government are a bunch of closet racists.
    I'd really like to see you substantiate this little pile of snot. Fair enough you may not like the conservative party and disagree with their policies but trotting out some w@nk that conservative = racist is drivel, not just any old drivel but proper genuine M&S Drivel in a box with a blue bow on it.

Quick to play the racist card again though. The Get Out Of Jail card for the barmy.
  • DonDaddyD
    Nope

Thought I could troll a thread.

Now that, my previous post, is how you troll a thread.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • CiB
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Nope

Can we ban this prat again for a bit longer. Jeez.

Let me guess. It was just a joke. FFS.
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Nope

Shush you!

You're scaring away the fish.

*looks in keep net, smiles, opens another can.
  • DonDaddyD
    CiB wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Nope

Come on you're better than that. Conservatism isn't necessarily about ethnicity and race but it can influence opinions on other races or how that individual should interact with other races. There are those whose conservative beliefs do fuel slightly more prejudiced views. I mean, after all, I have never met a racist liberal, have you?

Sterry,
    That said, I do think the court would have reacted differently had the B&B owners were from an Islamic Country. While it is no justification the judge would have taken their culture and its practices into consideration.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,337
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Nope

Come on you're better than that. Conservatism isn't necessarily about ethnicity and race but it can influence opinions on other races or how that individual should interact with other races. There are those whose conservative beliefs do fuel slightly more prejudiced views. I mean, after all, I have never met a racist liberal, have you?

Sterry,
    That said, I do think the court would have reacted differently had the B&B owners were from an Islamic Country. While it is no justification the judge would have taken their culture and its practices into consideration.

Have you got anything at all to back that up, coz it sounds a lot like a right wing tabloid op-ed to me.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    I'm with RJS. Although he was being deliberately inflammatory, I think DDD has spent too long reading the Daily Mail.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    That said I do have some sympathy with the Christian B&B owners.
    Indeed. Their indoctrination as children into a backwards religious code was not their fault. :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Daz555 wrote:
    Indeed. Their indoctrination as children into a backwards religious code was not their fault. :mrgreen:

Good thing making fun of Christianity is fine now.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • tailwindhome
    Reading Griffin's Twitter feed is entertaining.

It's almost as if he is getting progressively drunker.
  • bails87
    mudcow007 wrote:
    No, Boris Johnson is a 'lovable oaf' and even he's a bit of tw%t when you actually pay attention.

Did you see what Griffin said on Twitter yesterday, something along the lines of "Have you seen the ads for the Police Comissioner elections? Isn't it shocking to see them discriminating and not using black actors to play the criminals."

He's not lovable, he's a racist piece of sh%t. His only saving grace is that while he's in charge of the BNP, he's keeping someone vaguely competent out of the job. The EDL are no better or worse, they just pretend to focus their hate at Muslims, although this is a hard pretence for them to maintain and the rage usually spills out and is directed at anyone brown (also known by them as P***s, and then the "white is right" fringe show up too).
    MTB/CX

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    pangolin wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:

I have less of a problem with that, religion is a conscious choice. (yeah, I know, bit trolly and it's time to go home now. It is actually what I think, give or take)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    pangolin wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:

No-one has the right to be free of being offended.

Unless you it's a post on here obviously.

Then I get to decide ...
  • tailwindhome
    bails87 wrote:
    Did you see what Griffin said on Twitter yesterday, something along the lines of "Have you seen the ads for the Police Comissioner elections? Isn't it shocking to see them discriminating and not using black actors to play the criminals."

What he actually says is "by refusing to use black actors to play criminals"

No idea if there is any fact to what he is saying - but it's a completely different meaning to your paraphrasing (IMO)

This Tatchell fellow seems to be fairly odious too...
  • tailwindhome
    pangolin wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:

No-one has the right to be free of being offended.

Unless you it's a post on here obviously.

Then I get to decide ...

Please don't post that nonsensical Stephen Fry meme.