Ferrari...

Comments

• It's the new way to win the tour! Lose as little as possible in the race then kill them in the courtroom.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    iainf72 wrote:
    More in Gazzeta today.

- They bugged Ferrari's camper van
    - Ferrari told Scarponi he would've won the Giro if "he'd used another bag"

:lol:

Needs to get another DR. That advice is clearly inaccurate.

--

Gazzeta love to gossip and jump to conclusions. Of course there is some merit and veracity in what they say, but it doesn't mean they are all money laundering dopers.

Someone want to tweet Evans about him being on that list.

--

As far as I can see (and I am not defending him), Ferrari suggests Scarpo uses a blood transfusion...does it say he actually did?
    '...the rider said he could win the following year's Giro and the physician replied that if he used a blood transfusion he had a chance...'

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 879425.cms
    --

Note that almost all doped riders are working with Ferrari. Contador doesn't, no one says he has, including Ferrari (where there is a quote from which can be insinuated that he doesn't). Anyone with money goes through Ferrari.

Who are the other 'Mega Dr's' that champion riders would use?

--

Dirty lad is Menchov. This quote is particularly bad:
    Police also tapped a Sept. 2010 phone call between Menchov and agent Raimondo Scimone during which the Russian rider tells the agent that he wants "all the cyclists working with him followed by Ferrari," according to the Gazzetta.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Pepe Marti
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    edited October 2012
    Turfle wrote:
    Come on Wiggo!

A cursory glance at the top 25 for the "disastrous" 2010 Tour has Wiggo (at 24th place on GC prior to Bertie's DQ) move up to around 10th on the final GC if you take out all the known/suspected dodgy ones...

Is it me, or is he starting look like the second most successful Tour rider of his generation (just behind Cuddles*)?

*assuming the Ferrari link is unproven
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    iainf72 wrote:

Pepe Marti

Have you got a list or any docs showing which riders are purported to use him for the heavy stuff?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    Turfle wrote:
    Come on Wiggo!

A cursory glance at the top 25 for the "disastrous" 2010 Tour has Wiggo (at 24th place on GC prior to Bertie's DQ) move up to around 10th on the final GC if you take out all the known/suspected dodgy ones...

Is it me, or is he starting look like the second most successful Tour rider of his generation (just behind Cuddles*)?

*assuming the Ferrari link is unproven

Shane Sutton and Dave B need not have given him that almighty boll$%king afer all!
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    this is what I don't understand with all the ex USPS and Disco riders getting caught. Surely they could still go to Ferrari and use the same methods. Or was it JB and LA grassing them up behind the scenes
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    We know Armstrong spoke to the UCI about Hamilton, and Bruyneel definitely grassed up Vladimir Gusev to the UCI, so it's not beyond the realm of possibilities to think that they did the same for other riders.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    iainf72 wrote:
    - Ferrari told Scarponi he would've won the Giro if "he'd used another bag"
    Funny, in May Matschiner said exactly the same about Kohl and the 2008 TdF :D

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/11664/Ra ... kwam.dhtml
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    Its been said/alluded to on here a few times already but, Tax Evasion and Money Laundering = Jail, Doping = ban. The UCI, riders, teams and doctors, could be potentially in the dock for financial crimes. The UCI will need to prove it was not aware of the faux Image Rights Contracts registered with them, the Teams un-aware of the riders faux contracts and of courser the riders will need to prove that they did not know anything as well (Id guess impossible).

Honestly, this is bigger than doping. The Italians could actually put a large chunk of the sport behind bars. I really cant imagine why Rabotbank pulled out!!! Sky will win the next 10 tours at a stretch as there will be no-one else to race!!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    This is Italy.

Tax evasion is a national hobby.

The only thing working against him is that as ever in Italy, is that if the authorities want to f*ck you, they will.
  • Nick Fitt
    This is Italy.

The only thing working against him is that as ever in Italy, is that if the authorities want to f*ck you, they will.
    Tax evasion or tax avoidance. one is a national sport the other is jail.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Methinks I might be in with a shout for a GT podium place... Just as long as they don't find out about my fig roll habit ....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Nick Fitt wrote:
    This is Italy.

Tax evasion is a national hobby in Italy.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Rabobank announced Friday that it is ending its long sponsorship of professional cycling, saying "the trust in the cycling world has gone" following the publication of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency's report on Armstrong.

Vinokourov is also reportedly under investigation by Roberti. He won the men's road race at the London Olympics, having served a two-year ban after testing positive for blood doping during the 2007 Tour de France. The Kazakh rider retired at the end of this season.

Others reportedly under investigation are Armstrong's former teammates Yaroslav Popovych and Volodymyr Bileka; Russian riders Alexandr Kolobnev, Vladimir Karpets, Vladimir Gusev, Mikhail Ignatiev; Czech rider Roman Kreuziger; and Italians Filippo Pozzato, Lorenzo Bertagnolli, Giovanni Visconti and Franco Pellizzotti.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/least+more+cyclists+linked+Armstrong+sports+doctor+doping+report/7416210/story.html
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt wrote:
    This is Italy.

Tax evasion is a national hobby in Italy.
    So you say, lets see what happens, imho, IF this is true, then many people could be up for serious crimes, Im sure you know best though, just another bit of tax dodging and some doping, no big deal ;-)

And its not just Italy
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    knedlicky wrote:
    Here are the 53 named cyclists, several now from a while back, but also a good dozen concurrent with LA:

•Cadel Evans

Who has been so successful in avoiding controversy until now.

Evans admits visiting him but only once and not for doping...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20025582
  • tommasi
    tommasi Posts: 40
    In 2000..but isn't this list from 2008-2011?
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    tommasi wrote:
    In 2000..but isn't this list from 2008-2011?

considering Riis is on that list......i dont think so.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    *Thread Resurrection*

Is there any reason a cyclist would visit Ferrari other than for doping advice?

Has he any partcular skills as a coach?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • well, according to Cuddles trying to explain why he met up with him in 2000 for a test, Ferrari was 'very highly regarded by teams and team managers' ..ahem...
  • Because they're really dumb and they think they're going to buy a car?

They want to know what other people are on?

:roll:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Some time in the 90s I'm sure a cyclist or two may have visited him innocently, but not in 2010.
  • tailwindhome
    Because they're really dumb and they think they're going to buy a car?

I know it's the internet but sarcasm isn't always required.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Turfle wrote:
    Some time in the 90s I'm sure a cyclist or two may have visited him innocently, but not in 2010.

this.

Scarponi for example - honestly these riders must be thick as pig s@it - life time ban - nothing more or less
    Wilier Izoard XP "Petacchi"/ Campag Veloce/ Fulcrum Racing 5
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7/ Campag Xenon
  • Because they're really dumb and they think they're going to buy a car?

I know it's the internet but sarcasm isn't always required.

Apologies I should have just said no I can't think of anything to your question.

Additionally I know its the internet but there is no need to be rude.

Peace.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tailwindhome
    Peace.

*removes ATC's name from 'The List'*
  • Can we all agreee that Ferrari is a VERY BAD EGG and anyone who's had dealings with him since xx date should get an automatic ban
  • Can we all agreee that Ferrari is a VERY BAD EGG and anyone who's had dealings with him since xx date should get an automatic ban

Including Cuddles.