Ferrari...

Richmond Racer
Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
edited November 2012 in Pro race
I think Schumi 's going to need his own thread....

Seems that Gazetta have got hold of some more of the Italian police files on Ferrari (more leaks there than the ones Thames Water are trying to fix in the London pipework system).

Teams said to be involved with old Schumi between 2008 and 2011 are:

Liquigas
Lampre
Colnago
Geox
Androni
Katusha
QuickStep
Cnf-Inox
Farnese Vini
Acqua & Sapone
Asana
RadioShack
Vacansoleil
ISD
CSF
LPR
Diquigiovanni
Tinkoff (Noooooo.....!)
Rabobank
Gerolsteiner
Milram

*falls off chair in a faint*

EDIT

Comments

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    It says something that there's a list of 21 teams there, and you're reading down thinking "not surprised not surprised not surprised".
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    Some of those teams should be asking for a refund...
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Turfle wrote:
    It says something that there's a list of 21 teams there, and you're reading down thinking "not surprised not surprised not surprised".

Bit Surprised about Milram, they won feck all since I started watching anyway. I s'pose 2008 might have been better for them.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • andyp wrote:
    Some of those teams should be asking for a refund...

well, quite. clearly the commercial arrangement was not on a 'money back if not satisfied' footing
  • prawny
    Maybe the money trail is leading the other way to some of those teams, Ferrari paying to be associated with them makes you wonder if he really does provide doping, or coaching.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    OPQS didn't exist in 2008-2011.
  • rick_chasey
    I'm surrpised.

I bet Lance was on the phone the other day saying "You're Aslan, no-one shaves your main".
  • tommasi
    tommasi Posts: 40
    This is about tax evasion not doping.
  • rick_chasey
    tommasi wrote:

I imagine Ferrari makes more or less all his earnings via doping, so it really is.

He made a good few millio dollars from Armstrong alone.
  • rick_chasey
    The arc has been opened and your face is going to melt.
  • OPQS didn't exist in 2008-2011.

My mistake when typing: QuickStep
  • rick_chasey
    So we can assume the others are spending a lot of time in Vienna?
  • tommasi wrote:

I imagine Ferrari makes more or less all his earnings via doping, so it really is.

He made a good few millio dollars from Armstrong alone.

Yeah, and also...everyone was banned from doing business with him well before 2008
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    This should see us through to January I think.

Presumably teams are mentioned if they even had one rider with money links to Ferrari during that period. Astana and Radioshack mentioned as whole teams with links to him.
  • prawny wrote:
    Maybe the money trail is leading the other way to some of those teams, Ferrari paying to be associated with them makes you wonder if he really does provide doping, or coaching.

Why would he do that?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • prawny
    prawny wrote:

Why would he do that?

Sorry I forgot the winky face.

I was thinking that people might think Ferrari = doping but Milram = Crap, muddying the waters innit. Red herrings. Crap joke
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Carp joke surely. :wink:
  • prawny
    Carp joke surely. :wink:

I sooooo nearly wrote that myself, but I had a flash forward of the groans and thought I'd leave it to somoeone else :lol:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    prawny wrote:
    Carp joke surely. :wink:

I sooooo nearly wrote that myself, but I had a flash forward of the groans and thought I'd leave it to somoeone else :lol:

No need to be koi about it.
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    This thread reminded me of this great article by INRNG:

http://inrng.com/2012/06/ferrari-shared-coach/

Succinctly outlines the madness of half the peloton using the same trainer, and how illogical it is for their teams to allow Ferrari such privileged access given that there's nothing stopping him from sharing information on given riders with his other (favoured?) clients...
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Is the implication that he engaged directly with the teams or with certain riders from each team?

I don't quite get how he can have the time to coach so many.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Timoid. wrote:
    Is the implication that he engaged directly with the teams or with certain riders from each team?

This is more to do with money laundering. CN article http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gazzett ... dr-ferrari
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Timoid. wrote:

This is more to do with money laundering. CN article http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gazzett ... dr-ferrari

He is really a one-stop-shop for scuzziness. All that's left is for him to be implicated in the procurement of young girls for Verbruggen's bunga-bunga parties.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • I'm surrpised.

I bet Lance was on the phone the other day saying "You're Aslan, no-one shaves your main".

Your main what?
  • Trev The Rev
    Trev The Rev Posts: 1,040
    Do we know what the health of riders under his guidence is like? Were so many going to him because he was known to be Armstrong's man or because he had a reputation of looking after their health as well as making them faster? I am not aware of health issues affecting ex postal riders, as yet anyway, other than Armstrong's cancer.

I am asking if all the drugs, EPO, testosterone, human growth hormone, etc do endanger health if used under medical supervision. If the drugs and methods are detrimental to riders health we should be seeing health issues in older riders. Are we going to see terrible health issues in years to come? There have been riders with heart issues over the last 10 years or so, is this the tip of an iceberg?
  • rick_chasey
    I'm surrpised.

Your main what?

Mane.

Apologies.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Timoid. wrote:

According to this, Ferrari will provide you with doping experts for your defence should you ever test positive - what a service!
  • pomtarr wrote:

Love WD Neumann's reply... :lol: