Tour of Beijing **Spoilers**

13»

Comments

• wanted to get back to Luxembourg sharpish for the post-Bruyneel P.A.R.T.Y.
  • rich_pcp
    rich_pcp Posts: 113
    Maybe he wants to hold Frank's hand at his hearing tomorrow.
  • Tony Martin takes overall
    Eddy Boss 3rd and Points jersey
    Dan Martin KOM
    and....
    Steve Cummings with today's stage :lol:

I'll take that
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Haha nice for Cummings!

Hearty congratulations to Tony. Won last year with a TT but was determined to go for the win this year and got it. I've always thought why the top TT riders, Wiggins included, don't take off like that more often. Even riders rotating won't bring them back. Of course the initial gap is hard to get but not impossible and I'd like to see it more.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Haha nice for Cummings!

Hearty congratulations to Tony. Won last year with a TT but was determined to go for the win this year and got it. I've always thought why the top TT riders, Wiggins included, don't take off like that more often. Even riders rotating won't bring them back. Of course the initial gap is hard to get but not impossible and I'd like to see it more.

I'll put in an order for GC contender breakway whoop-ass action for next season, FF :wink:

Looking forward to the pics I know you'll be posting later :D
  • frenchfighter
    Haha, I'll leave that to someone else for now...we shall see if ppl miss it ; )
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Schleck-chute has been deployed!

What a shame. I was actually hoping he would perform. He certainly wanted to.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Tour of Beijing actually delivered some good racing. Nice scenery and some descent climbs/descents. Another strong end of season ride from Cummings. Obviously responding to the Internet forum poster earlier.

Next season we could introduce a Schleckchute PTP.
  • Art Vandelay
    Good crowds for today's stage - ordered to spectate by gunpoint? I heard on the first stage the authorities prevented fans from watching. There were also some Lycra-ed up fans with road bikes too. Regardless of what some might say, I think the UCI are right to try and crack the Chinese Market.
  • Art Vandelay
    And Frenchie - I'll miss the photos!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I always thought Frenchie was some professional photographer and they were his photos, shows how much I know! I'll miss them. Thought the tour wasn't that bad, missed the first stage due to eurosport doing its thing but looked like some cool roads to ride on.
  • frenchfighter
    Taylor Phinney ‏@taylorphinney
    I love to see @StevoCummings win. He, like me, follows his own personal policy of no caffeine pills and no painkillers. Purest of the pure!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Just saw this come on on Eurosport.

Who knew?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I'll miss your photos if you're going to stop posting them Frenchie, if you want to give up something for Lent then you could give up the Contador sycophancy :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Just saw this come on on Eurosport.

Who knew?

I quickly read a few of the reports, almost made me tune in...but been a bit busy recently as you know.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    I've got to go out and buy some stuff for the stew I'm making tonight but I'm quite enjoying this stage.

Warming to Hej.
  • rick_chasey
    What is it with broadcasters not posting KMs to go graphics anymore?
  • What is it with broadcasters not posting KMs to go graphics anymore?

its SO 2011
  • As confessions are very on trend right now, I'd like to fess up that I quite enjoyed this year's Chinese jaunt. Decent racing, decent parcours, spectators meh but so be it, and a very satisfactory final podium and set of jersey winners
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    What is it with broadcasters not posting KMs to go graphics anymore?

From what I can tell this started with the Olympics as I think they missed out all the vital information like time from the breakaway to the peloton. It's minamalist you see...