On Line shopping - beware !

2»

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Wow.

Mountain. Mole hill.

Get over it. If you have time constraints, don't mail order. Simples.

If your LBS have so much availability as to be able to swap your hoses over why didn't you just buy the brakes from them? OK you checked, perhaps the guy was confused, got it wrong, or the set he looked at did have them the 'right' way round. It's a 5 minute job to swap them, either learn how to do it (go and get a little bottle of Shimano mineral oil from the LBS, it includes a little hose to do it with), pay the LBS out of your own pocket, return the brakes, or stop bleating.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    BigAirNig

Life is too short for this, it's irritating, but it's not terminal... go and smash some plates
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • dry664
    dry664 Posts: 155
    So what did you do?? Did you send them back?
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Shop sends item by mistake and offers to sort it at their expense.

Sounds like my kind of shop.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Excluding the fact the shop have been pretty good from what I can gather; you ordered the brakes online. I'm assuming you were planning on fitting these yourself? If you can fit the brakes then you can swap the lines over. It really is a simple job. I had to do it with my xt brakes ordered from Rose. You could have probably done it in less time than it took to write your first post.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    edited October 2012
    Not sure BigAirNig has got the hang of this yet. Although he is a bit miffed with us all for not sympathising as much as he deserves, he is still being civil. Shouldn't be insulting the other posters by now?

He's never going to be spoken of with the same awe and wonder as Speed King or Thebigbee at this rate.
  • BigAirNig
    BigAirNig Posts: 296
    Shop sends item by mistake and offers to sort it at their expense.

Sounds like my kind of shop.

You can have 'em ... I'd rather have a shop that sends me what was discussed and ordered .....
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 50 (+ upgrades.....!)
  • BigAirNig
    BigAirNig Posts: 296
    pilch wrote:
    BigAirNig

Life is too short for this, it's irritating, but it's not terminal... go and smash some plates

:mrgreen:

The best response yet ....
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 50 (+ upgrades.....!)
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    BigAirNig wrote:
    I don't need lessons on business margins - I have a degree in accounting and work in finance -

if true.... why not just fire a new set on the credit card and wait for the refund for the other set? you had the funds from the old set also.... sorry i just think you want to moan.
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    +1 for everyone else, it sounds like you're whining about pretty much nothing.
This discussion has been closed.