BSA Goldenwings *UPDATED*

2»

Comments

• lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    I really think it's a lovely bike but put your bidon in your jersey and ditch the cages altogether.

I'm not a huge fan of mudguards but they do serve a practical purpose and at least you can take them off when it stops raining all the time. Since you live in the Highlands you might get a couple of dry weeks in July if you're lucky :wink:
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    lotus49 wrote:
    I really think it's a lovely bike but put your bidon in your jersey and ditch the cages altogether.

I'm not a huge fan of mudguards but they do serve a practical purpose and at least you can take them off when it stops raining all the time. Since you live in the Highlands you might get a couple of dry weeks in July if you're lucky :wink:

A couple of weeks? You must be joking... :lol:

I did try with the bottles in my jersey but it just didn't work :( I am intending to get some proper bottle cage mounts eventually ;)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    declan1 wrote:

Before we had children my wife and I used to go up to the Highlands at least once a year to go hill walking. We usually went in late June when the days are incredibly long (the sun was still shining well after 22:00 and it started to get light at about 03:00) and mostly, the weather was lovely.

The last year we went was when my oldest son was three months old. My wife didn't think it was a good idea but I persuaded her. We stayed in a cottage on the shore of Loch Alsh for two weeks and it absolutely chucked it down almost all the time we were there. I was in the doghouse and sadly, we have never been back.

Despite the weather, I absolutely love the Highlands, particularly North Sutherland, Skye and the area around Beinn Eighe. Now my children are older and capable of walking a fair distance, I'll probably dare to raise the idea of going back. My wife may have forgiven me by now (it was 14 years ago) :D.
  • declan1
    lotus49 wrote:
    declan1 wrote:

Before we had children my wife and I used to go up to the Highlands at least once a year to go hill walking. We usually went in late June when the days are incredibly long (the sun was still shining well after 22:00 and it started to get light at about 03:00) and mostly, the weather was lovely.

The last year we went was when my oldest son was three months old. My wife didn't think it was a good idea but I persuaded her. We stayed in a cottage on the shore of Loch Alsh for two weeks and it absolutely chucked it down almost all the time we were there. I was in the doghouse and sadly, we have never been back.

Despite the weather, I absolutely love the Highlands, particularly North Sutherland, Skye and the area around Beinn Eighe. Now my children are older and capable of walking a fair distance, I'll probably dare to raise the idea of going back. My wife may have forgiven me by now (it was 14 years ago) :D.

Somehow the summer days never seem to be as long as they used to be. Maybe it's just the rubbish weather not letting any sun through :(

We had amazing weather in April (of all months) last year, but May/June/July were just horrible.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    Dec im interested as to how you are getting on with your move to spd-sl pedals and shoes .

Ive always used spd`s , the m520 type and I recently bought a set of 105 5700 spd-sl pedals and dhb r1.0 road shoes. For me it was an absolute disaster :oops: and I absolutely hated them. I found the having to tip the pedal down before entry an absolute chore, if the group stopped on a hill I couldnt get back into the pedal when we start moving again, if there is any dampness or moisture on the pedal surface they were hellish to get into and the grip on the shoe is so tight id hate to have to stop in a hurry. I couldnt get rid of them quick enough and I bought a set of dhb m1.0 spd shoes which are just great , when i put my spd pedals back on my caad and went riding it felt like I had come home.

So the spd-sl pedals and shoes were catastrophic for me, how have you been finding them ?
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105
  • declan1
    I've found them awesome. They are as you said a bit of a pain sometimes to clip in, but once attached I can really feel the better power transfer (although that may also be the new shoes).

Sorry to hear they didn't work out for you! :(

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred