anyone use High5 Zero Electrolyte Tablet in a camelbak?

2»

Comments

• njee20 wrote:
    imbecile,

You know where that word originates don't you? :lol:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Latin innit?

No problem with using French, or other, words (as we all do), the douchery stems from the insinuation that the (more commonly used) English word is wrong!
  • njee20 wrote:
    Latin innit?

DOH!

That's my budding carreer in Etymology down the toilet (or toilette as the case may be).

;)
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    cyd190468 wrote:
    Douche :D So many french words. Now I shall fill my bidons after a quick toilette (actually means wash) and join the peloton for a quick tour, which maillot shall I wear probably the rouge. (Can I at least call them knicks and jerseys or do I have to say shirts and bike shorts?)
    BTW this whole french thing started because i casually used the term bidon in a sentence and Cat lowered the tone by being abusive. I was a roadie before mountain bikes were invented so I've always called them bidons and knicks and jerseys and derailleurs. What about derailleur hangers. You don't call them mech hangers do you? :(
    sorry but what a bellend.

just fukk of back to the road forum and stop your whining shite please.
  • cyd190468 wrote:
    BTW this whole french thing started because i casually used the term bidon in a sentence and Cat lowered the tone by being abusive.
    I can't figure out if you're bi-polar or just an idiot.
    I have no issue with you using the term bidon, if you so choose. It was the fact that you took it upon yourself to tell people that's what they should be using instead of a camelbak.

cyd190468 wrote:
    I was a roadie before mountain bikes were invented so I've always called them bidons and knicks and jerseys and derailleurs. What about derailleur hangers. You don't call them mech hangers do you? :(

You seem to be getting really hung up on the fact everyone should be using the French word instead of the accepted English. Does it really matter? As for being a roadie since before MTBs were invented, congratulations, you're old, not really sure how that's in any way relevant. I see plenty of roadies using "bottle / bottle holder", "shorts", "shirts" and dare I even say, good lord no, it can't be......... "mechs / mech hangers" OMFG !!!111oneoneone.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    cyd190468 wrote:
    You don't call them mech hangers do you? :(

Urrm, hate to break it too you, but even the magazines normally refer to them as mech hangers, because they are used to attach your rear mech to the bike.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    These moronic posts of his(?) usually occur at about 1am UK time (I live in France :wink: ) so I'd suggest cyd to either go to bed earlier or knock the booze on the head.

Btw - these old roadies sound gayer and gayer by the minute..what was it? "Bibs & knicks" or "knicks and jersey's" or something?...please
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    cyd190468 wrote:
    ... Where I am (AUS) ...

I think that explains the 1am posts.
  • felix.london
    jairaj wrote:
    cyd190468 wrote:
    ... Where I am (AUS) ...

Austria?

Ha! Didn't see that but prob also explains the excessive drinking and narrow minded attitude :wink: anyway - sounds like he should be over here in France...with me :?

Trek Session 8
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    jairaj wrote:
    cyd190468 wrote:
    ... Where I am (AUS) ...

Austria?

Ha! Didn't see that but prob also explains the excessive drinking and narrow minded attitude :wink: anyway - sounds like he should be over here in France...with me :?
    nope Australia.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • felix.london
    How dare you! I would never suggest Austrian's over drink and were narrow minded...plenty of other things to blame the Austrian's for :wink: ...say's he who had 2/4 grandparents from Austria

Trek Session 8
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    ditch the plastic and go for this...Ahearn%20hipflask%20and%20cage.JPG
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • njee20
    BTW this whole french thing started because i casually used the term bidon in a sentence and Cat lowered the tone by being abusive

You said:
    You know those drink bottles that are specially designed to fit in a bidon holder? Well they're called bidons and have been for well over a hundred years now.

Bidon holder is an absurd term, and whilst it is a name for the things more commonly known as bottle cages, it's far from the accepted term. That's not you casually referring to something, that's trying to sound clever and looking like a pretentious goon.

BTW it's 'shorts' and 'jerseys', not knicks, if you must use the term knicks then I'd expect it only to apply to 3/4 lengths, rather than all shorts.
  • That's not what you were saying though is it?

It's right there, you even quoted it in your last post. What you said was that we all had to stop putting anything but water in our camelbaks and use bidons instead.

I was swearing in frustration at how completely, fantastically, monumentally idiotic your comment was.

You seem to have this wierd fixation with Bidons when nobody else was even remotely bothered before you rocked up and started spouting your guff and trying to tell everyone that's what they should use instead of a camelbak and how dare anyone use the word bottle instead.

You're obviously a pretty odd guy, and this conversation is pretty boring now. So just run along now.
  • njee20
    ^^ this.
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    I've used Camelbaks for about 10 years, and more recently Osprey bladders - in all that time I have used a mix of energy drinks, coke, orange juice, Monster etc etc with no problem.

At least 60% of the time I haven't rinsed it after and have found it part full a good few days later. All I have ever done is empty and refill.

I'd suggest that anyone who says they get an ickle upset tummy needs to MTFU.

And no, water bottles are called water bottles. We are British, even if we were on the continent, it would be wrong for us to use the French word when pointing and saying the English version of the word loudly will suffice.
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    ^ if they still dont understand then try saying with a french accent - that will sort it out :-)
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    craigw99 wrote:
    ^ if they still dont understand then try saying with a french accent - that will sort it out :-)

Good point well made!!! :D
  • craigw99 wrote:

Dad? Is that you????