Aldi - Thursday 27th

2»

Comments

• Picked up the bike stand. Seems very sturdy. It does however need fixing to a wall as it can't balance with even one bike on.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Picked up the bike stand. Seems very sturdy. It does however need fixing to a wall as it can't balance with even one bike on.
    Is it not intended to tilt backwards? Mine did, it leans on the wall
    Have you assembled the base the right way round? Mine was called a gravity rack, ie the weight of the bikes make it steady against the wall.
  • Not sure really, the bikes overhand the semi-circular 'floor bar' so it will always be pulled down by the bikes (I saw the manual and knew I didn't need it... so it's already been binned!). Mines only in a shed so I can't really attach it. It does the job for me though.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I went and had a look at the winter trousers (the girlfriend made me, she thinks I'm going to freeze to death in baggies and normal liners), but the padding didn't seem up to much. I thought about wearing them over liners but then I'd have two lots of padding, so I just bought some Disco Biscuits instead.
    247674_10151273387004363_417729535_n.jpg
  • Couldn't find the compression stuff anywhere in Suffolk, shame as the short sleeved stuff is great. The Allen/Torx set is worth the money. Picked up a compressor from Lidl as well, very quiet, constant pressure at variable flow rates, great for the air brush.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • I quite like those disco biscuits! - The Aldi Frazzles are pretty special too! I managed to bag a wind jacket and a compression top for the missus. When i got in there it was like flies around shit! i put one top down for second and this bird came out of nowhere and swiped it from under me! - Good job it was the wrong size for me or else it could have got nasty!
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    After a fight through the crowd managed to grab a long sleeved compression top, great base layer. Tool kit was £29.99 in my local store though?

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • ben11
    ben11 Posts: 103
    Myster101 wrote:
    After a fight through the crowd managed to grab a long sleeved compression top, great base layer. Tool kit was £29.99 in my local store though?

I really wouldn't spend that much. Ive not been impressed with mine, spanners have bent they are useless and the teeth on the BB tool are not a good enough fit to tighten properly.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    mcnultycop wrote:
    247674_10151273387004363_417729535_n.jpg
    I'm sure channel 4 will be doing a documentry about you any day now :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • 4d718ef5f4cf45e23a9d82263066c48a.jpg

I got some winter gloves, winter socks and 2 bottles of high quality German ale. Had a lovely evening sat wearing nothing but the gloves and socks drinking the ale. Not sure what the neighbours thought though.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I got the lidl allen/torx key set too. It looks excellent, especially for £10.

Did anyone notice that aldi has torque wrenches for £16 on thursday?
  • i bought the halogen light but it does not have a bracket for mounting on the handle bars.