I might buy a weekly travelcard tomorrow...

2»

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Left home normal time, shorts, long sleeve; got to work a little sweaty no sign of rain or wind for the moment
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Wasn't cold or windy here when I set out just pissing down, so headed out in a jersey with a thin waterproof jacket. It was only when I got about a mile away I suddenly realised that's a lot of fast flowing deep water pretty much everywhere.

Struggled to the base of the first big climb which resembled a waterfall no joke and turned back home, its one thing struggling in to work but then spending an hour+ on the train soaking wet only to have to repeat the journey this evening in the dark wearing still wet clothes.

No thanks!

Of course the minute I turned around the wind whipped up and the drizzle turned into a power shower, total 12 miles in little over an hour.

Still cold now
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    It's days like this where the lovely new showers at work are extremely welcome. Makes the 2 years of constant bitching and complaining to get them, all worthwhile.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • As long as it calms down by Sunday then bring it on. 115 miles in this would not be fun.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    wore the waterproof winter jacket for the first time since about March this morning. wasn't required; no rain and very little wind and got very warm.

Looks like it will be a full on 18mph headwind all the way home tho.

These things are often over-hyped on the news.
    FCN = 4
  • Wholesale-High-Quality-Stainless-Steel-Retractable-Bicycle-font-b-Umbrella-b-font-font-b-Stand-b.jpg

A gust must’ve just bust my gustbuster as a bus rushed past. I cussed, how unjust!
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Wholesale-High-Quality-Stainless-Steel-Retractable-Bicycle-font-b-Umbrella-b-font-font-b-Stand-b.jpg

A gust must’ve just bust my gustbuster as a bus rushed past. I cussed, how unjust!

LOL: Hoots! I presume you were wearing walking boots in case of overshoots on any roots?
    FCN = 4
  • stuj15
    stuj15 Posts: 167
    SUN!

...oh and a 22mph tailwind. Superb.