Silly Chilli Racers

2»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Suffering still from yesterdays dose of Phil's
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Home grown piri piri Harissa, melts aluminium frames.

Take two large handfuls of the smallest sun dried chillies, blitz with garlic, olive oil, cumin, coriander seeds, salt.

Spend hours pushing this mixture through a seive with the back of a spoon, the paste that you are left with glows in the dark. This will condense down to the size of a very small spice jar, keep only in a glass container, seal and place in fridge.

OMFG :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Not especially hot, but lovely.

Any of these three.

hot-sauces.jpg
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    davis wrote:
    I need a little help from the Chilli hive-mind. I've just discovered this 09753-original.jpg and I really really like it. Trouble is, it's not hot enough.

Anyone know of something that's still got that same glorious smoked flavour, but is say 1.5 -> 2 times as hot as that?

Why have I only just discovered Chipotle?

You need Chipotle-Away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjZZX3PwH5o
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    davis wrote:
    I need a little help from the Chilli hive-mind. I've just discovered this 09753-original.jpg and I really really like it. Trouble is, it's not hot enough.

Anyone know of something that's still got that same glorious smoked flavour, but is say 1.5 -> 2 times as hot as that?

img_1238.jpg

Thanks. That's what I've now chosen to try next. Partly 'cos TheOatmeal did a comic about it and partly 'cos it isn't that fuel tank-sized drum that Mouth posted. I think boff's just having a laugh with me too...
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Made some home made chili sauce yesterday.

Was in so much pain this morning I was actually worried I'd ruptured my entire innards for about 10 minutes. Horrific.

Silly commuter chilli fail.
  • davis
    davis wrote:
    img_1238.jpg
    Thanks. That's what I've now chosen to try next. Partly 'cos TheOatmeal did a comic about it and partly 'cos it isn't that fuel tank-sized drum that Mouth posted. I think boff's just having a laugh with me too...

And it's arrived. I'm sat at my desk sweating (you have to try some by itself, right?). Sweet holy Jebus it's awesome. Not smokey, but properly nice. Ta.

Edit: I've just poured some on the morning's bacon and egg roll. Omnomnomnomnom.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Almost melted my tongue last night with the same sauce, that's what happens if you have a few days break.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    davis wrote:

img_1238.jpg

its too garliccy (is that a word) for me

your breath honks for hours afterwards
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • davis
    mudcow007 wrote:
    its too garliccy (is that a word) for me

your breath honks for hours afterwards

I reckon it's probably "garlicky". But I can barely taste garlic any more... raw cloves still get through, but not much else.
  • davis
    davis wrote:
    And it's arrived. I'm sat at my desk sweating (you have to try some by itself, right?). Sweet holy Jebus it's awesome. Not smokey, but properly nice. Ta.

Edit: I've just poured some on the morning's bacon and egg roll. Omnomnomnomnom.

I've been through about 200 grammes of Sriracha in a week.
    At work.
    I've been away for a few days.

I need help.
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    My current favourite (made with naga jolokia):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgsvHRMaRu95KN-rwF1XH5PxrB4bLaM1TCVOgpr9r0nztvSo3u

I'm sure there are hotter but this tastes really nice too.