Team Sky leaders for GT's in 2013

13»

Comments

• Will there be time bonuses in next year's Tour? If so I think these could be Wiggo's downfall. He can TT up the mountains but I fear others who could survive the steady pace would jump away for the extra seconds.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Wiggo's going to lead the Giro

Dont worry, I'll bore myself soon enough with repeating this
  • Whatever else he does, he has to lead the Tour out of respect for the Jersey imho

Ahem...
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -2013.html

There's an amateur video i/v with Sean Yates at the Worlds last Sun, knocking around the t'internet, in which he says that Wiggins might for the Giro. Its absolutely a strong possibility in Wiggins and Sky's minds. Doesnt mean to say its decided but....
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    Isn't the World's TT Wiggo's best chance for glory next year? - in which case the Vuelta maybe wouldn't be great idea.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    On recent history doing a GT then a TT event seems to work for Wiggins. Tour-Olympics & Vuelta-Worlds TT (last year)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,126
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Isn't the World's TT Wiggo's best chance for glory next year? - in which case the Vuelta maybe wouldn't be great idea.

So the current winner of the Tour, Paris-Nice, the Tour of Romandie, the Dauphine and reigning Olympic TT champion's best chance of success next season is the Worlds TT in September? Really?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    andyp wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:

So the current winner of the Tour, Paris-Nice, the Tour of Romandie, the Dauphine and reigning Olympic TT champion's best chance of success next season is the Worlds TT in September? Really?

Not what I meant at all - but surely the stripes will be a major goal for next year.

Edit - so I think he will have sucess next year, but wondered if the Vuelta was the best run-up for the stripes.
    Tony Martin beat him by 75 seconds in 2011, and probably wasn't 100% at the Olympics.

Ahem...
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -2013.html

There's an amateur video i/v with Sean Yates at the Worlds last Sun, knocking around the t'internet, in which he says that Wiggins might for the Giro. Its absolutely a strong possibility in Wiggins and Sky's minds. Doesnt mean to say its decided but....

So the Wiggo - Giro, Froome - tdF and JTL - Vuelta is a real possibility then?

Edit: Should qualify Suttons comments say Giro and then the Vuelta, Cycling Weakly say same year (there assumption).
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    I read somewherethat nibs didn't Recce the tdf course this year (thinking that upt till a few days before the race that there was a team time trial as well as a normall one! , on the one year i think he could have won, if he didn't stop wasting time on stupid attacks!!!.

Thats either arrogance or gross stupidity. also is coaching himself now. I reckon the wheels will fall off..... despite the decent team that Astana are....(though their Ethics may be called into question)....