Everyday is a schoolday - what did you learn?

13»

Comments

• EKE_38BPM wrote:
    davis wrote:
    Wow, I think she's far, far more attractive now than in 1998...

Of course, when I see her on the tellybox now she's almost always cooking; I'm sure that has nothing to do with it...
    article-2241358-0DE3ED3400000578-207_634x393.jpg
    Happy now?

Well, if you could just change davis into a pepper grinder, I'm sure he would be ecstatic.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    (Bit of a thread resurrection)

Today I learnt that my brakes and reactions are awesome and that pedestrians are dumb.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    today kids i learnt that licking a battery is not fun, but making your young nephew lick said battery is really fun
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    today kids i learnt that licking a battery is not fun, but making your young nephew lick said battery is really fun
    Was it still in the car?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That the nobbly bit on the end of an allen key is so you can twist while its at an angle. AMAZING
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    That a side affect of me losing weight is going down a shoe size.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    msmancunia wrote:

That means more shoe shopping, a bonus in female eyes as well as the weight loss.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    That you shouldn't keep tomatoes in the fridge.

Inherently, tomatoes have no flavour, and it is only when you cut them open that the interaction of the liquid and the flesh creates MSG, which gives tomatoes their flavour.

Stored below 4 degress and the enzyme in the liquid that creates that reaction is lost, so giving tomatoes less flavour.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • mudcow007
    msmancunia wrote:

where do you wear your shoes?!
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    mudcow007 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

I know :lol: it's weird. I've gone from having massive feet, to having slightly less massive feet.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • mudcow007
    msmancunia wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

I know :lol: it's weird. I've gone from having massive feet, to having slightly less massive feet.

surely foot size goes on the length of the bones in your foot ?

or have you got wibbly wobberly feet with no bones!? (resists temptation to make jokes about manchester an webbed feet..tee hee)
  • What a mandatory cycle lane is, apparently.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    that windows mobile 8 is an atrocious mobile operating system.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Curious, you're the first person I've heard say that. General consensus seems to be that the OS itself is more than on a par with Android or iOS, and it's simply let down by a lack of apps. If my iPhone 4S didn't do a decent enough job then I'd make the jump.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • spasypaddy
    have you tried using it?

for example, if you want to send a text message to someone, unless their number is saved as a specific mobile number (rather than just a general number) it wont pick up their name when you are in the text message app and you cant send a text message from their contact unless its specified as a mobile number.

iOS is simple - you want to do something you touch it it does it.
    Android is my personal favourite though due to its customization
  • mudcow007
    spasypaddy wrote:

its also pants on laptops

im forever doing Win + D looking for stuff

its like a rip off of mac software, i didn't think i would ever say this but i would rather use Vista than 8
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    spasypaddy wrote:
    have you tried using it?

for example, if you want to send a text message to someone, unless their number is saved as a specific mobile number (rather than just a general number) it wont pick up their name when you are in the text message app and you cant send a text message from their contact unless its specified as a mobile number.

Ah, so it's a data issue ;)

Yeah, I've used it briefly, brother has one so I've only had a play rather than used for days/weeks/months. Wish I could like Android, because I dislike Apple, but (imho) it's just so clunky. WP8 seems like the first mobile OS in a while that isn't a poor attempt at being iOS.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You dont need to Win+D!
    There is a 'show desktop' button on the start bar. At the very bottom right hand corner of the screen, just click to the right of the clock. Its there. You can't see it but when you click down there you'll see it animate.

I actually quite like it now I have been using it for a few months. Incredibly unstable after installing our network printer on it though
  • spasypaddy
    dhope wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    have you tried using it?

Ah, so it's a data issue ;)

Yeah, I've used it briefly, brother has one so I've only had a play rather than used for days/weeks/months. Wish I could like Android, because I dislike Apple, but (imho) it's just so clunky. WP8 seems like the first mobile OS in a while that isn't a poor attempt at being iOS.
    technically its a data issue, but why should i have to specify that a number is a mobile to be able to sent text messages?

i should be able to send a text message to any number in my phone whether it is classified as a mobile or not.

The OS also feels heavy and clunky. Its not very intuitive IMO.

There isnt even an option for select all in your email inbox. So when i set up the partners email address on it, it downloaded all the emails from the last 7 days and then i had to one by one go through and select them.

The more i use it the more i hate it
  • mudcow007
    spasypaddy wrote:

The more i use it the more i hate it

Amen brother.....
  • spasypaddy
    more windows 8 phone rants.

with my android phone i can programme an NFC tag to do whatever i want it to do.
    turn on bluetooth, open garmin connect, upload activities. wait 10 mins, turn off bluetooth. done.

on windows mobile 8 i can only get it to open the bluetooth settings, not turn it on
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Buying summer gear in the winter sales can bring big savings.

Buying clothes that fit in post-Christmas-binge January won't fit in April. :oops:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    A dog can't drink through a straw