frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited October 2012 in Pro race

Comments

• Does it take mudguards?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    8008831947_dd56ae9b87.jpg

Vested interest, this is one of mine, so thanks for posting it. I can post some detail images for those of you interested.
  • ?

Yes I like it a lot and tried to get more shots but was unable. Aby shots or detail would be appreciated.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That looks awesome, 10 seconds before the UCI ban it I reckon!
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Looks like a cross between the Canyon TT bike and a BMC with oversized tubes..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Ug-leeee!
    Bet it'll be a pig in a crosswind.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • inseine
    Harsh Adam! Only a year of my life..... :wink: Hopefully when you see it in context (it's part of the Onyx stand at the Paris motor show with a car and scooter) it'll make more sense.
    The UCI make it tough to create something other-worldly but you'll find a few innovations when you see the close ups.
    Any cross wind issues will be ironed out the the wind tunnel...........
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    I'd love to see some of the detail images if you don't mind sharing them.
  • inseine
    No probs Andy, but I'll have to wait until the bike is made public next Thursday.
  • lol
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    Thanks for posting the photo FF. :D
  • Near perfect bike IMO, I'd but it tomorrow (seriously..!) but, Fu*k the UCI.. how many people ride in their events anyway..?!?! 99% of people who will buy this bike don't, do modern, cash rich cyclists really buy on the basis of what a sponsored pro-tour rider is given..? I really doubt it.

Also, just for once, will bike manufacturers please make a TT bike specifically designed and balanced to be ridden at a 76-79degree seat angle, and have an optional or reversible seat post for the very few people who want to ride slack, instead of the otherway round..! :evil:
  • jpryanuk wrote:
    ...do modern, cash rich cyclists really buy on the basis of what a sponsored pro-tour rider is given..? I really doubt it.

Of course they do! Everyone wants the same bike as Wiggins, Contador or Evans, whoever your hero might be.

A bike outside of UCI regulations would look more like this...

90779519du.jpg

...than the Peugeot bike shown above.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Yep, as scotsman says - Witness the bullcrap that goes on in Road Buying Advice or General when something ever so slightly different crops up...

e.g. the new Dura Ace crankset which has...wait for it....4 offset arms instead of the normal cross shape...

I mean...Holy freaking sh1t guys!!!!!! Offset arms!!!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inseine wrote:
    8008831947_dd56ae9b87.jpg

Vested interest, this is one of mine, so thanks for posting it. I can post some detail images for those of you interested.

Yes please.

What was the design brief?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • inseine
    Hi Doc. We wanted to present a bike in the same vein as the car that would be shown at Paris (( for the Geneva show I designed an urban bike to go with the 208) and I figured a TT was closest to the car, a mid engined supercar.
    The first design was more radical but it was decided that we needed a pro ready, UCI legal, bike. It is designed to be aero, obviously, but also easily fitted to different riders positions. The style is also crucial, but it's a tight brief, so I worked on details as much as the overall form.
  • inseine wrote:
    The style is also crucial, but it's a tight brief, so I worked on details as much as the overall form.

Can you give us any of these details?
  • inseine
    I'll have pictures next week! Basically, all the cables are hidden, as is the battery. There are 'twist' brake levers, an integrated computer, one bolt height adjustment of the aerobars and reversible seat post. The forks are quite widely spread to aid airflow between forks and spokes, which has enabled me to fully hide the quick releases, front and rear. The chain stays are super thin in front view, whilst super wide and sculpted to keep them rigid. We're working on the general tube profiles but they are far from simple teardrop shaped. You'll find Peugeot chequer grip design on the armrests and saddle, which is a totally hollow structure which is aero and offers a bit of flex. Oh, and it's got a real copper finish! (a few microns thick).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    jpryanuk wrote:
    ...do modern, cash rich cyclists really buy on the basis of what a sponsored pro-tour rider is given..? I really doubt it.

Of course they do! Everyone wants the same bike as Wiggins, Contador or Evans, whoever your hero might be.

90779519du.jpg

Chain is slack.
  • And how does it ride?

:-)
  • Chain is slack.

Yeah, I took it for a spin and put out sooo many watts, I stretched the chain a bit... :D
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Chains don't stretch.

As all good trackies know.

@Rick - it's track slack, reduces friction according to popular lore.
  • andyp wrote:
    Chains don't stretch.

Oh right, I must have bent the chainstay then! :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    andyp wrote:
    Chains don't stretch.

@Rick - it's track slack, reduces friction according to popular lore.

Spot the roadie ;).

I guess you can have it a bit slacker when you don't have potholes or bumps to throw it.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    inseine wrote:
    Oh, and it's got a real copper finish! (a few microns thick).

Does that mean if you leave it outside too long it'll go green? :lol:

I think it looks pretty cool :mrgreen:
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Oh, and it's got a real copper finish! (a few microns thick).

Does that mean if you leave it outside too long it'll go green? :lol:

I think it looks pretty cool :mrgreen:

A verdigris version? That would be superb.
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    jpryanuk wrote:

I know that I've had this discussion before, but remain confused...

If we're going to ignore or change UCI regs, why would we go for something slightly less inefficient, when quite efficient is available?
    nocom_05.jpg
    If we have to have road-appropriate, then:
    1376.png
    All this assuming that fairings aren't to be used, which is another inefficiency which can be avoided....
    What is the point of the Lotus bike, exactly? Even Obree is now using recumbents.... I love pro bike racing, but the arguments about rules are simply daft. Stick with the antiquated and daft rules or embrace a brave new world, surely?
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Never been on one of those bikes. But I've heard they are a real pig to climb on. Surely the laid out on your back postion would not work up a mountain? Assuming we are talking non UCI rules here.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    edited September 2012
    I think the point is to retain the sport being ridden on 'bicycles' as opposed to HPVs. There are contests for HPVs if people want to enter them.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.