Don't Do It

2»

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Agent57 wrote:
    When I was in that Newcastle one time, the group I was with ordered one portion of "Curry Hell" at the Rupali, between the table. I think there were 16 of us, but we still didn't finish it.

I like hot sauces though. I've some seriously hot concoctions in my cupboard. Years ago, I thought Encona West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce was hot. Then I thought Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce was hot (around 180,000 Scovilles). At the moment I think Dragon's Blood is hot (800,000-1 million Scovilles); but then there are things like Blair's 3am Reserve (around 2million Scovilles) and even hotter capsaicin extracts (up to 16 million SHU, e.g. Blair's 16 Million Reserve).

http://www.chilliworld.com/factfile/sco ... sauces.asp

try daves insanity special reserve

thats a winner
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • The dave insanity range all contain extract though which makes it taste revolting. Yes its hot but the flavour isnt great and it leaves a horrible extracty aftertaste.

Try CaJohns trinidad scorpion range. No extract, plenty of heat and plenty of flavour,
    Cannondale CAAD 10
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10
    Bird Zero TR
  • Went to the Red Dog a couple of weeks ago and two mates did the challenge - absolutely ridiculous.

Mate one did the full bravado as soon as the clock starts just stuff them in as fast as possible. I think he finished in around 1m10 but had the sauce all over the lower half of his face and his hands. 5 min burn time duly completed (whilst face going a comedy Loony Toons red and sweating like Landis up the Morzine) he consumed no drink whilst waiting ages for the burger and milkshake.

Mate two was a bit more circumspect and used the proffered latex gloves and pick the meat of the bone first before eating with no part of the sauce touching the outside of his body. He finished in around 1m45. 5 mins burn time completed (whilst also going comedy Loony Toons red and hacking and spitting up what seemed an awful lot of toxic phlegm) he necked two glasses of milk in between trips to the toilet to either hurl or stick his head under the tap.

Who do you think came off worse?
    Within 5 mins of burn time end Mate two was back to normal insisting he was in no trouble whatsoever.
    Mate one spend most of the rest of the night in trap 1 (of one I might add) with cacks round ankles desparately trying to purge, from either end of his body, the filth he'd just eaten whilst nursing the milkshake and accidentally scratching a couple of rather sensitive places :shock:

Feels like there should be a moral at the end of the story but I think the topic title says it all - not big or clever (but very funny to watch). I picked the stripped bones up using a few napkins to put them in the basket to help the waiter out then touched my lip whilst eating a chip and my mouth actually fell off, massive schoolboy error.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Frankie say relax
  • d.mart wrote:
    Went to the Red Dog a couple of weeks ago and two mates did the challenge - absolutely ridiculous.

Mate one did the full bravado as soon as the clock starts just stuff them in as fast as possible. I think he finished in around 1m10 but had the sauce all over the lower half of his face and his hands. 5 min burn time duly completed (whilst face going a comedy Loony Toons red and sweating like Landis up the Morzine) he consumed no drink whilst waiting ages for the burger and milkshake.

Mate two was a bit more circumspect and used the proffered latex gloves and pick the meat of the bone first before eating with no part of the sauce touching the outside of his body. He finished in around 1m45. 5 mins burn time completed (whilst also going comedy Loony Toons red and hacking and spitting up what seemed an awful lot of toxic phlegm) he necked two glasses of milk in between trips to the toilet to either hurl or stick his head under the tap.

Who do you think came off worse?
    Within 5 mins of burn time end Mate two was back to normal insisting he was in no trouble whatsoever.
    Mate one spend most of the rest of the night in trap 1 (of one I might add) with cacks round ankles desparately trying to purge, from either end of his body, the filth he'd just eaten whilst nursing the milkshake and accidentally scratching a couple of rather sensitive places :shock:

Feels like there should be a moral at the end of the story but I think the topic title says it all - not big or clever (but very funny to watch). I picked the stripped bones up using a few napkins to put them in the basket to help the waiter out then touched my lip whilst eating a chip and my mouth actually fell off, massive schoolboy error.

Yeah, I did it like "mate 1"... I literally laid into them as fast as possible, must've finished them in a couple of mins and I stripped all the meat from the bones. With hindsight I should've squeezed some of the sauce off the wings and used the gloves...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • mudcow007
    The dave insanity range all contain extract though which makes it taste revolting. Yes its hot but the flavour isnt great and it leaves a horrible extracty aftertaste.

Try CaJohns trinidad scorpion range. No extract, plenty of heat and plenty of flavour,

to be honest the nicest tasting but not very hot, hot sauce is this tastes lovely especially on bacons in the morning

an im currently using "Pure Poison - hot sauce" to add in work, its nothing too hot but it packs a little punch but is full of flavour
  • Agent57 wrote:
    When I was in that Newcastle one time, the group I was with ordered one portion of "Curry Hell" at the Rupali, between the table. I think there were 16 of us, but we still didn't finish it.

I like hot sauces though. I've some seriously hot concoctions in my cupboard. Years ago, I thought Encona West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce was hot. Then I thought Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce was hot (around 180,000 Scovilles). At the moment I think Dragon's Blood is hot (800,000-1 million Scovilles); but then there are things like Blair's 3am Reserve (around 2million Scovilles) and even hotter capsaicin extracts (up to 16 million SHU, e.g. Blair's 16 Million Reserve).

http://www.chilliworld.com/factfile/sco ... sauces.asp
    I did curry Hell on a stag night, it all went down but it came back up later.

I used to have some 1.5 million Bomb sauce. It got confiscated after one too many practical jokes!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    My experience of the after death sauce happened when I was 15.

Was making vanilla icecream with a mate.

His Dad basically can't taste anything but chili so has the after death sauce lying about.

Turns out his brother as a pratical joke put in about a third of a bottle into our ice cream while we weren't looking.

Suffice to say, it was pretty painful.
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    Im gutted there is no chilli places around liverpool, there are mexican restaurants but the hottest thing they do is chilli con carne

@mudcow007 have you been to Salt Dog Slims on Seel Street? They do an 'Atomic Dog'...
    Roadie: Cannondale CAAD10
    Commuter/everything else: Custom build Genesis Croix de Fer
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Im gutted there is no chilli places around liverpool, there are mexican restaurants but the hottest thing they do is chilli con carne

@mudcow007 have you been to Salt Dog Slims on Seel Street? They do an 'Atomic Dog'...

not even heard of it, it sounds a winner

i know where im going at some point this weekend
  • mudcow007 wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

not even heard of it, it sounds a winner

i know where im going at some point this weekend

Steins and Brines - so plenty of liquid to wash it down with! Probably one of the few (only?) places to get a stein before the new Bier Keller opens in L1
    Roadie: Cannondale CAAD10
    Commuter/everything else: Custom build Genesis Croix de Fer
  • SimonAH wrote:
    It's all about the membranes that get hit.

As a student someone once put a few flakes of that dried Pizza hut wimpy chilli flake stuff in a joint for a sort of russian roulette game joke. I hit it and genuinely could not breathe for a minute. Scariest fckuing 60 seconds of my life.

My mates little brother thought it would be amusing to chuck a dried 'naga ghost' on the bbq, he forgot about it and it fell on the coals, smoking out the house and garden... it was like breathing tear gas, we had to evacuate his grandparents!