Papp

2»

Comments

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    It's a real shame, because people like Dr Maserati are brilliant, as are some of the power numbers discussions, but it's lost among all the other stuff. The effort needed to find the truffles in that particular forest is becoming too much.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    011608srsbns.jpg
  • A VIP forum, don't you just love it?

There probably is one on BR already but only the certain few know about it. :wink:

Shame to see all of this identity digging as I rather like the "masked ball" approach of a forum. However, don't you find that there are always a certain few who love to tell you that they are "in the know" as to certain identities but couldn't for their life repeat such info. :roll:

One place that does have a 'VIP' forum is LFGSS - they call it Darknet - which is accessed by donating to the Forum's running costs.

I can see why they need donations, but the Darknet access is not given as a reason to donate, it is simply a secret insiders club you only find out about after donating.

There is more than a whiff of that place drowning in self-importance.
  • I don't know what LFGSS is.

I'm that out of the loop.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited September 2012
    I don't know what LFGSS is.

The loop contracted so much that it imploded into itself and ended up outside the loop, like some sort of internet black hole.

Edit: I've just looked up what LFGSS is. The title alone must breach some sort of event horizon of tw@ttery.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    edited September 2012
    Edited
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I don't know what LFGSS is.

I think it's something to do with this
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    skylla wrote:
    :?: Rick, can we have a VIP forum too please? :D

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18569 :lol:

:mrgreen:

Err..

This is awkward...

;)

that is funny.
  • RichN95.
    Talking of the Cycling News forum, I notice that Biking Bernie appears to have popped up there (under a different name). It's always seemed a more natural home for him.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    RichN95 wrote:
    Talking of the Cycling News forum, I notice that Biking Bernie appears to have popped up there (under a different name). It's always seemed a more natural home for him.

In the new VIP forum?

edit: word on the street is that he was headhunted.. :lol:
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Who is Race Radio then? he is full time on Lance stuff..wonder if he works or what he does
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Who is Race Radio then? he is full time on Lance stuff..wonder if he works or what he does

On CN someone mentioned that another more revealing nickname for RR was once used on the CN forum. But they didn't say what it was...

"some say his bike is made from the finest bamboo. others that he only eats tubs. all we know is that he is called RR"
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    skylla wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

In the new VIP forum?

edit: word on the street is that he was headhunted.. :lol:

Was that Rick's one and only professional success story? ;)
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Blimey.

Maybe I should just stay in internet forums that only discuss cats.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

Hopefully no one will out him and that embarrassing email he wrote to CN fawning over a Ferrari powered doper :P
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Hopefully no one will out him and that embarrassing email he wrote to CN fawning over a Ferrari powered doper :P
    Oh, you tease. You're going to leave that one hanging out there aren't you. At least give me the year of the letter to narrow it down a bit.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Tusher wrote:
    Blimey.

Maybe I should just stay in internet forums that only discuss cats.

:cry:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    NOOOOOOO!!!

Never leave us Tusher, your rodent friends would be devastated!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Oh, you tease. You're going to leave that one hanging out there aren't you. At least give me the year of the letter to narrow it down a bit.

Iain, don't do this to us!!

Armed with a battalion of felines, a platoon of guinea pigs and a squadron of rats, we'll hunt you down, tie you to an old Raleigh, and make you tell us.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Finally got round to reading the full thread and it's been pulled.

Sad times.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    ... This thread stinks of a Papp smear campaign

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • It took three pages... and you beat me to it! ^
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Why is it the people so critical of the CN forums know so much about what goes on over there, just saying :)
  • RichN95.
    dougzz wrote:
    Why is it the people so critical of the CN forums know so much about what goes on over there, just saying :)
    It's entertaining:

1. Because they all think they are important and take it really seriously
    2. Some of the doping theories they come up with are hilariously stupid.

I like reading creationist sites and moon landing hoax theorists, too. Just cos I find them amusing.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    dougzz wrote:
    It's entertaining:

I like reading creationist sites and moon landing hoax theorists, too. Just cos I find them amusing.

+1
    They have been in fine form of late.
    Always at their most creative, when evidence is in short supply.

I love the fact they see themselves as CN's very own Bletchley Park.

Ironically, the few that might have any inside information, are constantly lost in the swamp forged by the legion of loonies.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    RichN95 wrote:
    dougzz wrote:
    It's entertaining:

Check these belters out....
    http://www.EricHufschmid.net/index.html
    http://fabfourdozen.proboards.com/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Should try and lure the good ones over here then Blazing.

Their self-importance is particularly tragic.
  • Should try and lure the good ones over here then Blazing.

Their self-importance is particularly tragic.

deleted
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition