Papp

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2012 in Pro race
What was it Richn95 Called him again

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.p ... ostcount=1
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I believe I called him a drug dealer, which is exactly what he is (or was). He used his second chance to preach about the evils doping while selling to 200 people without any medical support. At least Ferrari and Fuentes had medical degrees. Utter scumbag who is now apparently an anti-doping crusader as that's the only door left open to him. Of course the Asylum love him because he tells them what they want to hear. It looks like he found a more lucrative door to push at.

Rant over. Now let's get back to silly jokes.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Christ.

And I thought I was up my own arse as moderator.
  • So let me get this right....Papp was paid by Armstrong to find out and rat on the identity of @TheRaceRadio?
  • iainf72
    So let me get this right....Papp was paid by Armstrong to find out and rat on the identity of @TheRaceRadio?

Correct

Scumbag was the word I was looking for
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Who is he then?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    RichN95 wrote:
    Of course the Asylum love him because he tells them what they want to hear.

To be fair, a significant number of posters over there thought much the same as you and told him to his face (well, his avatar, really) long before this latest episode. At the time of his sentencing a year ago, it wasn't exactly all tea and sympathy over there.

But you're right, far too many people did give him a free ride because of the whole "my enemy's enemy" thing.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    ddraver wrote:
    Who is he then?

:lol:

Priorities ;).
  • ddraver
    Well yeah....

If he's Pat McQuaid then it's important, if it's French Fighter then I'm less interested....

(no offence FF ;) )
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    ddraver wrote:
    Well yeah....

If he's Pat McQuaid then it's important, if it's French Fighter then I'm less interested....

(no offence FF ;) )

He's someone reasonably well known in US cycling circles I believe

Travels a lot too
  • ddraver
    Armstrong?
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:
    Well yeah....

(no offence FF ;) )
    What if French Fighter is Pat McQuaid?
  • iainf72
    ddraver wrote:
    Armstrong?

Thar would be odd

Nah. I can't think. Ex pro maybe?
  • LangerDan
    Its worth reading the entire thread in the Asylum - RaceRadio is not the only one to have had his identity gleaned by Papp. Future Publishing don't exactly come out of this smelling of roses either.

( It should be pointed out that while Papp misrepresented his position to get the information, he didn't hack the system. Other members either willingly gave personal details or made errors in which email accounts they used to privately communicate with him - which is what happened in RaceRadio's case.)
  • LangerDan
    iainf72 wrote:
    He's someone reasonably well known in US cycling circles I believe

Travels a lot too

It's Phil Liggett, isn't it. He's a double-agent - the dim-witted, public acts of fawning over LA were just a front.
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:
    Its worth reading the entire thread in the Asylum - RaceRadio is not the only one to have had his identity gleaned by Papp. Future Publishing don't exactly come out of this smelling of roses either.

( It should be pointed out that while Papp misrepresented his position to get the information, he didn't hack the system. Other members either willingly gave personal details or made errors in which email accounts they used to privately communicate with him - which is what happened in RaceRadio's case.)

It's always so dramatic in the states.

It's just a bloody internet forum.

:roll:
  • iainf72

Considering how you like to guard your identity , that's a bit rich :P

You have to admit, its out of order.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Christ.

And I thought I was up my own ars* as moderator.

pfah, only one smiley was used in the process of tendering his resignation. He even failed at that hurdle.
  • he's in a chat room right now over on Velorooms if anyone wants to ask him about his limited use of smilies...
  • RichN95.
    As a largely unrelated aside, I'm always amused by posters on the internet demanding 'transparency' while hiding their own identity.
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:

Considering how you like to guard your identity , that's a bit rich :P

You have to admit, its out of order.

It probably is. I'll be honest. Haven't had time to properly look at it.

Let me put it this way.

As moderator I can see the e-mail adress with which you registered your bikeradar account to.

Similarly I can see the IP address for every post you make.

Now, I knew that when I signed up to bike radar. Hence my pseudonym and my e-mail adress which relates to my pseudonym rather than me.

I also understand I take a risk that people can work out where I'm posting from if they really really want to. I reckon, to someone of my (un)importance, that doesn't really matter.

I'd reckon if I was leaking information on Armstrong, and reasonably high level stuff at that, given his rep, I'd try and be pretty bloody careful about the information I gave out to an internet forum.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    :?: Rick, can we have a VIP forum too please? :D

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18569 :lol:

:mrgreen:
  • rick_chasey
    skylla wrote:
    :?: Rick, can we have a VIP forum too please? :D

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18569 :lol:

:mrgreen:

Err..

This is awkward...

;)
  • A VIP forum, don't you just love it?

There probably is one on BR already but only the certain few know about it. :wink:

Shame to see all of this identity digging as I rather like the "masked ball" approach of a forum. However, don't you find that there are always a certain few who love to tell you that they are "in the know" as to certain identities but couldn't for their life repeat such info. :roll:
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • There probably is one on BR already but only the certain few know about it. :wink:

Did you not know about it? It's hidden in the track section of the forum. Nobody goes there...
  • RichN95.
    It probably is. I'll be honest. Haven't had time to properly look at it.

Let me put it this way.

As moderator I can see the e-mail adress with which you registered your bikeradar account to.

Similarly I can see the IP address for every post you make.

Now, I knew that when I signed up to bike radar. Hence my pseudonym and my e-mail adress which relates to my pseudonym rather than me.

I also understand I take a risk that people can work out where I'm posting from if they really really want to. I reckon, to someone of my (un)importance, that doesn't really matter.

I'd reckon if I was leaking information on Armstrong, and reasonably high level stuff at that, given his rep, I'd try and be pretty bloody careful about the information I gave out to an internet forum.
    Don't worry, I think we all know that you're Sophie van Vliet.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    This time he's going to change for realsies.
  • I love the self importance!
    . the clinic is a scary place for LA, UCI and others. The very publically visible virtual interactions that take place here among people really in the know who are able to put one and one together do not take place anywhere else. It's not too hard to see the law/PR firms working for LA or UCI A. trying to work out who the ring leaders here are and put some "negation tactics in place if required B. trying to mess with the threads. For these guys there is simply too much at stake, they want to keep things flying under the radar as much as possible
    2. CN clearly does not realize the inherent value of its forum (particularly the clinic), how to safeguard this (eg better moderation), how to leverage it much more strongly (commercially), AND how to look after its key contributors. And this plays into the hands of LA/UCI... Indeed maybe some other party will be more "aware".
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    The whole place is drowning in its own self-importance. And it's taking the 4 good posters down with it.
  • If you're talking self-importance, look no further than Daniel Benson IMO..

But its down to earth and appropriately sardonic over here... :)