Brrrrrrrr....!!

2»

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Mmmm well: 7°, rain. light headwind - that's enough to get the longs out this morning.
    What was more surprising was last night: really pleasant ride, sunny & light tailwind - but on descending into a well known frost hollow (Knapp den for locals) you could feel the cool air suddenly hitting, even at 5pm with the sun still well up. There had been a sharp frost there in the early morning but I was surprised after a sunny day: winter is on its way!
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    well, this morning I cycled to the lido in shorts, SS and long sleeve top. Had a swim in the water, unheated so approx 16C, in speedos and then dressed up in long sleeve termal baselayer, SS, long sleeve top and coat, all zipped up to the neck and added a pair of leg warmers. All to fight the chill while continuing to work and to keep the core warm after the swim. Next month the shorty will be used in the lido but then into the heated pools for the winter. Lower than 12-13C is not my thing (too skinny - I would need a few extra kg for insulation purposes).
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I've got a cold that won't go away and my chain snapped yesterday. Whilst I'm whinging, I may as well say that I have pain from an ingrowing toe nail.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Asked Siri how cold it was this morning, and he said, "Brrr! It's 2 degreees outside".

First commute in longs :(
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I apparently don't ever get cold knees, so I'm almost always in shorts.

Last winter I believe someone posted a link to some science research paper (done by men wiv beards and clipboards and everyfink!) that argued cold damages your knees. Does anyone have that link?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    At around 60Mph this morning the wind chill was something terrible.

Commuted by Ducati this morning as I need to be home super-sharp this evening and the weather was forecast to be dry and sunny - didn't expect it to be quite so cold though.

Last nights (bi)cycle home wasn't pleasant - cold and constant rain, hands and arms were sore with the wet rain soaking through my unwaterproof jacket, hunting for a light/waterproof jacket now to buy asap.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    First time out in a long sleeve cycling top yesterday, bought a merino beanie at lunchtime from the Rapha site and this morning started shopping for autumn full gloves as my mitts were letting my fingers know it was nippy this morning...
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Prenda's Arm warmers are great.

#justsaying.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills