What are you doing right NOW?

slowlanejane
slowlanejane Posts: 312
edited September 2012 in The bottom bracket
I have about 15 tabs open in Firefox (which I am new to and loving, having just this very evening abandoned all hope of getting that pile of shite Explorer to work properly on this PC). Simultaneously I am:

- downloading trial Photoshop, because I need it but haven't got it and I'm too poor to buy it. So I'm going to do all my new business venture's branding in the next 30 days and then not buy the software at the end. Also in that window I am going to learn how to use said software, as I currently have not a scooby. Hence the other open tabs of How to Use Photoshop ... etc

- fantasy camera shopping. Because then I could do my own shots as I go, and do photoshoots as an additional service offering. Except I cant afford one of them either. So I have ebay and gumtree etc ticking away too. Except I can't afford a secondhand SLR. *Sigh* I am also looking on ebay etc for my shopping list of requirements for the business. stacking chairs. Foldaway table, Display panels. Stuff.

- To go with fantasy camera, I am looking at a fantasy 10 week beginner photography course, which looks great and its local and its reasonably priced and it starts next week. I could cycle there and everything. Cant afford it. (notice the theme?), and the only piece of equipment you need to bring is a digital SLR, and I haven't got one of them, see above.

- I am creating a Pinterest account, to keep track of all the images I'm storing for ideas & inspiration for the new venture.

- I am googling to see if my potential business trading name is in use anywhere already (it isn't) and nicking ideas from the sites I like. See point above.

- I am building a website from a freebie application. Actually the pics from my snappy snap camera aren't that bad. It all looks halfway decent.

- I am setting up the social media for the new venture.

Getting ready to execute my little marketing strategy, you see.

Comments

• DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    copying Symfony files to my development server which for no reason is taking an age.
  • Merging iPhoto and Aperture libraries as I appear to have too many, taken far too long.

/hoping I don't lose any photos...
    fatreg

"live fast, die young"

\'Dale F2000sl
  • Eating a duck sandwich in Sheffield Hilton. Livin the dream
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Sexting my mistress.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Sexting my mistress.

And its putting me off i'm trying to watch the Goonies. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Off to work in 10.....9.......8.......
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    seanoconn wrote:
    Sexting my mistress.

And its putting me off i'm trying to watch the Goonies. :D
    beep beep: (text received)

Want to see my truffle shuffle? :wink: xx
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Listening to another XFM show from 2002. Just can't get enough of them. Also tucking into a lovely cheese toasty.
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Core Describing in Siberia....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Posting on a cycling forum on the internet
  • bompington wrote:
    Posting on a cycling forum on the internet

Reading a post on a cycling forum on the internet.
  • Wondering how shitty the new moderator will be
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    touching my self an eating wotsits
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Or touching his Wotsits and eating himself!

I'm about to go shopping, and Firefox is crap compared to Chrome which oddly I hated when I first tried it; took me a while to like it. Now I prefer it. So long as it's not IE I'm happeh.

About to go shopping, a 30 minute walk to Aldi, then a 45 minute walk back with a bag full of stuff for a quid - yeah take that Morrisons you overpriced wankers! Ooo and Tesco have budget mushy peas at 4p a tin! Ooo and budget new tatties tinned for 17p. I'm prepping and I'm proud! Actually I can't prep I'd just eat everything so when the zomblie apocalypse happens I'm screwed...
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Currently sitting on my hole, drinking tea and trying to think up a line to feed Mrs C, as to why I went out on my bike instead of painting the bedroom ceiling (followed by the walls, then the gloss work, then the wallpapering, then new sockets & switches).

Having read that, I may just go out anyway, as long as I'm covered in paint, have brush in hand and a look of 'hmmmm, that took longer than expected' on my face, when she gets home, I should be ok...... Wish me luck ! :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • mudcow007 wrote:

I can vouch for this - I'm on the bus next to him - trouble is he's the driver. :D
  • In ambulance, just been hit by a bus....................
  • T-cut'ing scratches off my bus.

Sounds bad Dylan. precautionariy hopefully?
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Getting ready to go to work but it's quite windy here...

Shall I take the car or just MTFU :?:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    MattC59 wrote:
    Currently sitting on my hole, drinking tea and trying to think up a line to feed Mrs C, as to why I went out on my bike instead of painting the bedroom ceiling (followed by the walls, then the gloss work, then the wallpapering, then new sockets & switches).

Having read that, I may just go out anyway, as long as I'm covered in paint, have brush in hand and a look of 'hmmmm, that took longer than expected' on my face, when she gets home, I should be ok...... Wish me luck ! :lol:

Resigned myself to painting the ceiling. WHY do people think artex is a good idea ?!?! Might have a break though, I'm sure I've got some wotsits somewhere :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Just packing up some kit to be posted off; had to borrow the packing tape gun from downstairs but found out too late that it wasn't threaded through the roller to the cut-edge properly, so had to bite it off instead. Trouble is just as I was craning my neck round to get the teeth between edge of box and tape gun, one of the sales girls wandered past and caught me looking for all the world like I'm some kind of window-licker with a fetish for scanners. Gutted.

So right now I'm sitting here feeling like a prize twit.
  • CiB wrote:
    Just packing up some kit to be posted off; had to borrow the packing tape gun from downstairs but found out too late that it wasn't threaded through the roller to the cut-edge properly, so had to bite it off instead. Trouble is just as I was craning my neck round to get the teeth between edge of box and tape gun, one of the sales girls wandered past and caught me looking for all the world like I'm some kind of window-licker with a fetish for scanners. Gutted.

So right now I'm sitting here feeling like a prize twit.

Please define "Window Licker".
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • CiB
    Someone who behaves in abnormal or OCD manner. Yes I know what it says if you look it up on Urban Dictionary dot com etc but I was using it in the more generic wider sense that it's taken on .
  • CiB wrote:
    Someone who behaves in abnormal or OCD manner. Yes I know what it says if you look it up on Urban Dictionary dot com etc but I was using it in the more generic wider sense that it's taken on .

The way you used that term in your normal vocabulary makes me despair, it just guts me.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    mudcow007 wrote:

I can vouch for this - I'm on the bus next to him - trouble is he's the driver. :D

eyes on the road wilson
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • CiB
    The way you used that term in your normal vocabulary makes me despair, it just guts me.
    Oh.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Cough.:
    Lighting an open fire as its going to be cold when I get back from the chaingang tonight.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Typing this on my iPad...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Resigned myself to painting the ceiling. WHY do people think artex is a good idea ?!?! Might have a break though, I'm sure I've got some wotsits somewhere :D
    Painting over artex is a sight easier than ripping the ceiling down, re-boarding it and then skimming it with plaster before painting it.
    I really, really hate artex. But not as much as the EPO does. I would have just painted over it.
    I'm about to go looking for some Wotsits.