Got passed by a pro yesterday - wow!

2»

Comments

• Got overtaken by Cancellara & Tony Martin a couple of months ago 2 days before the Olympic TT when I was on a part of the course. They were bloody flying.
    Canyon AL Ultimate 9.0
  • scazzer
    scazzer Posts: 254
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Was out early on the way from Rainford to Bickerstaffe on the flats when I was passed by a pro, I say pro I because he had an outrider on a moped and he was drafting so close it actually looked like the wheels were touching. I must have been doing no more than 15mph and this guy just went past me like I was stood still. Kind of a humbling experience but goes to show the level of difference between a complete n00b and (what must have been) a pro.

Just thought I'd share.

will av keep look out for this geezer see if i can draught behind him :lol: mind you ya did say early morning which i only do when in work:shock:
    I cycle around there often so ya may av seen me fixing puntures :evil: couple times over last few weeks...
    I think shaley is the steepest thing round there. For what its worth to put moped boys achievements into some perspective Wiggins has done beacons hill in about 5 mins something - 2 mins ahead of cheat boy.

Good training for shaley brow by the way is hill repeats on crank road.

http://app.strava.com/segments/1471447

And this little bump is always a good way to test the legs - known locally as bonks brow - haha - much steeper than its 12% sign.

http://app.strava.com/segments/711959

Also there is a 10 AND a 25 mile tt course - so if you ever wanted to test yourself.

Yeh definately agree about bonks brow,never a 12% :shock:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Bustacapp wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Just get an 11-28, Ribble have got some cheap ones ;-)

By the time I recieved them I'd be at Bola Del Mundo pro climbing levels with a 60/10 combo!!

You'll be at pro standard in one weeks time?! That's some claim! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......