Aldi bike gear back soon

Comments

• I got-
    Winter jacket in red £15.99
    Leg warmers £6.99
    Gloves £4.99
    Winter socks £3.29
    LED light set £6.99

All superb quality & kitted out for winter for £41 smackeroonies!!!!! :)

I'm still using their wireless computer £7.99 from last time round, it's never missed a beat. Also Lidl's long sleeve jersey & gloves £7.99 & 4.99 respectively which are also every bit as good as other products out there 4 times their price!
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • I'm keepin ma powder dry, wait till poundland do a bike fest :twisted:
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    appletrees wrote:
    You'd be surprised who actually shops in Aldi.
    I can say with a degree of confidence that the majority of the Aldi shoppers in Colchester definitely don't buy out of their dole or whatever you are suggesting.
    The more shopping I do at Aldi, the more money I have left over to buy shiny things...and I'm in the fortunate position of having a very good, if stressful, job.
    No point being a snob about these things.

Agreed - there's a blog that I subscribe to from a well-known health management commentator who swears by Aldi for fruit and veg, and trust me - he's not short of a bob :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • our aldi store is next to an MxS, one is full of all kinds of people, the other is populated with a lot of blue rinse types with severe faces .

Aldi fruit and veg is half the price of the main comp, also is ready to eat, no brainer for me
  • just got a winter jacket, arm and leg warmers, if they see me through this winter I will be very happy, leg warmers are very long but TBH super value.
    Gutted I didn't see it yesterday, I got the last jacket in my store, a touch snug but not going to complain as very warm.
  • i got some shoes with the velcro and some leg warmers
    both very good
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    Well I wanted some compression tops - all sold out by the time I got their in the evening - also wanted to get some winter socks - managed to get two that were left!

Man it sells out fast!
  • jonomc4 wrote:
    Well I wanted some compression tops - all sold out by the time I got their in the evening - also wanted to get some winter socks - managed to get two that were left!

Man it sells out fast!

A swarm of mamil leaves very little behind :wink:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    jimbo0023 wrote:
    Ok got cycling base layers top and bottom. Feel really nice for the money :D will use then for running as well.

Didn't like the look of the over shoes, didn't look very waterproof??

Now does anybody wear under crackers under base layer? Or is it commando/base layer/cycle shorts??

Overshoes are generally not waterproof (even when they claim to be!) as they have big holes in the bottom for the cleats. What they do well is keep your feet warm, even when they are soaked, and protect your shoes from the worst of the mud and grime.

Don't know the answer on the base layer as I wouldn't ever consider a base layer on the bottom half - better to stick with cycling shorts under winter tights IMHO.
  • jonomc4 wrote:

Man it sells out fast!
    Compression tops come round all the time. they aren't really cycle specific. watch the specials, there will be more in few weeks.
  • where Aldi tread Lidl follows, what the fck are compression pants-- they for cross dressers and the like, same as Pross i have always used shorts with winter tights over the top.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I got-
    Leg warmers £6.99
    Gloves £4.99
    Winter socks £3.29
    LED light set £6.99

I'm still using their wireless computer £7.99 from last time round, it's never missed a beat. Also Lidl's long sleeve jersey & gloves £7.99 & 4.99 respectively which are also every bit as good as other products out there 4 times their price!

Getting just a bit carried away there.
    More problems but still living....
  • Got to the Bridgwater store yesterday at 4pm, and they still had a lot of stuff in.
    Shame teh shoes onlly start from 8 upwards

Got some backup lights, drink bottle, and a dayglo yellow long sleeve shirt.
    What i really wanted was the Merino wool (and polyester) top. But there were none left.

Until i was looking in another area of the shop and found one out of its packet. £15, ladies large but i cant tell the difference. Fits me and i have been out today with it - great for early morning when there's a chil, or to put back on when you stop to prevent sweat-chill. It's also black with no pink bits to show it's a ladies ! Very good. Will do for golf as well.
    Also really greatful for the bottle today climbing hills in the Chilterns
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    amaferanga wrote:
    I got-
    Leg warmers £6.99
    Gloves £4.99
    Winter socks £3.29
    LED light set £6.99

yeah, some do, careful, you get called a cockerel if you criticise. :o
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • Just got the top and bottom compression stuff and the red cycling jersey. Very impressed how they look/feel, not bad for £29.
  • haf1zur
    haf1zur Posts: 124
    jonomc4 wrote:

Man it sells out fast!
    Compression tops come round all the time. they aren't really cycle specific. watch the specials, there will be more in few weeks.

They have the running stuff coming soon, compression tops for runners, as far as i know they all the same

This time they got short and long sleeve ones

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/24916.htm
  • amaferanga wrote:
    I got-
    Leg warmers £6.99
    Gloves £4.99
    Winter socks £3.29
    LED light set £6.99

No, not at all. My wife is a fabric engineer, do you want to take it up with her? She'll embarrass you I can assure you of that! :wink::D

Remember, you are not paying for branding here.
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • Lol, not sure about "Superb quality" - I got the backup lights set. The rear one only has 1 of the 2 LED's working, and the front flashed once, then gave up.
    Still, the singular light on the rear is pretty damn bright, and it was really the rear one I wanted. I would normally go and see if I could swap them, but it would cost more in petrol than I paid for the lights =) Still, they were cheaper than a pint, I can't really moan!

On the plus side - the shoes are a huge improvement over trainers. Bargain.
  • Lol, not sure about "Superb quality" - I got the backup lights set. The rear one only has 1 of the 2 LED's working, and the front flashed once, then gave up.
    Still, the singular light on the rear is pretty damn bright, and it was really the rear one I wanted. I would normally go and see if I could swap them, but it would cost more in petrol than I paid for the lights =) Still, they were cheaper than a pint, I can't really moan!

On the plus side - the shoes are a huge improvement over trainers. Bargain.

To be honest, I was meaning the Garments. Value obviousley comes into it but the quality of the jacket in particular is superb!
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • No, not at all. My wife is a fabric engineer, do you want to take it up with her? She'll embarrass you I can assure you of that!

sounds a bit raunchy, shouldn't you be in bottom bracket :wink:
  • No, not at all. My wife is a fabric engineer, do you want to take it up with her? She'll embarrass you I can assure you of that!

sounds a bit raunchy, shouldn't you be in bottom bracket :wink:

:lol::lol::lol:
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • The 'compression clothing' and the Merino top are very good. The compression tights are very similar to 'athletic' ones I bought from them when the did a Running Promotion some months back. So if you missed out this time round you don't have to wait for the Spring Promo :) a Runners one is likely to turn up soon.

Over all the quality has risen, with Lidl also, year on year. The dodgy colours and unusual body shapes appear to have gone whilst the utility of the garments has improved with each Promotion. Unfortunately the Mrs has noticed the build up of clothing and has issued a decree :(
    'fool'
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    aldi runners sale coming in a few days..... http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/24 ... z_src=main
  • Just fitted the Mud Guards to Mrs Potatoes' MTB.
    Nice bit of kit for £7.99/pair
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Just bought some of this for myself and my daughter. She loves the pink jacket, winter trousers, and gloves, but doesn't ride as much as I do. I've tried the gloves (good value and warm but not wildly breathable); winter trousers (cosy, great for the money and look fine); compression top and bottom (not sure about these, the old aldi short sleeve compression stuff left you completely dry and warm- these long sleeve items were damp at the end of my 15 mile each way commute and therefore a bit cold in front which was disappointing); merino top (fine under the winter cycling jersey at 12 degrees on the way home but not much warmth on the way in at 7 degrees, still good value though); socks (warm, dry, comfortable - best and cheapest cycling socks I've had). Best of all are the windblocking overshoes - warm feet for the first time in my road shoes at about 7 degrees - lovely - for 6 quid! Flashing legband thingies are a good extra for the dark country lane part of my commute. Winter jersey did well over the merino top. Good effort Aldi, winter is looking fine for not much outlay, relatively speaking, mixes in with my other stuff well. Compression underwear will need some more rides to assess properly but it's the only thing I wouldn't have bought with hindsight - strange, because it makes more technical performance claims than the rest of it put together! We'll see when the temperature drops a few more degrees. :mrgreen:
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    One word about the compression underwear, don't wear it under bibshorts as the fabric is quite coarse and will rip you to bits as someone I know found out.
  • To be honest, I was meaning the Garments. Value obviousley comes into it but the quality of the jacket in particular is superb!

+1 for the jacket... I didn't need one but bought one as the quality was what I would've expected for something at least twice the price. Socks are really good as are the arm and leg warmers (almost identical to my Altura's costing double).

I also picked up a jumper and pair of 'tights' but haven't worn them yet however again they seem decent quality for the money.

I've been shopping at Aldi for a couple of months now having moved away from Morrisons & Tesco... it wasn't voted Supermarket of the Year by Which Magazine? for nothing. Great quality and value on everything they stock and as a previous poster said it means I can spend more money on the little luxuries.
  • fgaffney wrote:
    I can spend more money on the little luxuries.

Like beer. :mrgreen:
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Just fitted the Mud Guards to Mrs Potatoes' MTB.
    Nice bit of kit for £7.99/pair

you have a price for her boobies - well done sir, well done. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.