Tour of Britain Stage 3 "spoiler"

2»

Comments

• alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    Massive crowds in Dumfries today and at Grey Mair's Tail KOM point. 10 deep in places at the barriers. At least 10 times more than last year. Great addition was the big screen with on site (not HP ;-) ) commentary.

2012-09-11%2015.20.06.jpg

more pics etc to follow.
  • Standard, wouldn't have expected anything less. Take a look at the top 15:

1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Sky Procycling 3:54:30
    2 Leigh Howard (Aus) Orica - GreenEdge Cycling Team
    3 Aidis Kruopis (Ltu) Orica - GreenEdge Cycling Team
    4 Luke Rowe (GBr) Sky Procycling
    5 Sam Bennett (Irl) An Post - Sean Kelly
    6 Russell Downing (GBr) Endura Racing
    7 Boy Van Poppel (Ned) UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team
    8 Jonathan McEvoy (GBr) Endura Racing
    9 Barry Markus (Ned) Vacansoleil - DCM Pro Cycling Team
    10 Yanto Barker (GBr) UK Youth Cycling
    11 Nathan Haas (Aus) Garmin - Sharp
    12 Chris Opie (GBr) UK Youth Cycling
    13 Daniel Schorn (Aut) Team NetApp
    14 Marco Benffato (Ita) Liquigas - Cannondale
    15 Rony Martias (Fra) Saur - Sojasun

Was so hoping SEP would hold out. Shame he was solo against a sprint train but he held on for a long time.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Yet again the press photographers were allowed to stand right in the crowds way. At least last year they had the decency to crouch down but this year they stood right in our way. Good crowd considering it is a weekday and train back up to Glasgow half resembled a club run. Certainly better being on a train full of cyclists compared to the train full of football fans I'm now on (forgot about Scotland match today)

Big screen without Hugh Porter was a bonus.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Caught the start, bottom of the the 2nd descent and then the finish... Had an absolutely awesome day! Great atmosphere and friendly people all round! Managed to get a decent spot at the finish to watch Cav cross the line and although I'm not his biggest fan it sent shivers up my spine. The big screen at the finish was great too.
  • Isn't Howard in 1st due to countback?
    Cav certainly pissed that stage.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • nweststeyn
    377297_10151207054615781_1787588519_n.jpg

Off they go

422927_10151207056070781_1700496646_n.jpg

Zoooooooom...

377895_10151207058470781_605019220_n.jpg

Hey Bradley! Good riding today, but may I ask you... Don't you agree I'm totally awesome too?!
  • nweststeyn
    Love that first shot Alan... Im just uploading my days haul to flickr now.

My Mark Cavendish observation: I was at the barriers after the finish line when he won. He seemed delighted and was looking for his team mates and gave them all a huge hug and thankyou that seemed really genuine. Of course he wants to leave, but I found it heartening to see he is still racing by giving it his all and is still grateful for his teams support (even if it is only in a chipper ;) )