Tour of Britain Stage 3 "spoiler"

Richmond Racer
Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Might as well set the ball rolling

Signal very poor at the moment so updates very sporadic. 5 riders in break, 4 min gap to peloton. Riders: Salzberger (Raleigh), Hawkins (IG SigmaSport), House (RaphaCondor), Williams (Node4) and Kreder (VCD)

Luke Rowe took the intermediate sprint ahead of Van Poppel, and time bonus puts them level now

Comments

• gap now down to 2:45. Kristian House has been nabbing enough points to take over the KOM jersey end of today's stage
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Good lad Kristian!
  • yeah, KH is a class act
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Been showery in Dumfries but clouds moving away. Good having big screen to keep up with what is happening on the road
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,402
    Talking of KH - liked the Cycle Show bit last night on the Stelvio, with KH's heart rate barely touching 135, whilst the presenters was rarely under 175! And KH had been on the wine the night before!
  • Dorset Boy wrote:
    Talking of KH - liked the Cycle Show bit last night on the Stelvio, with KH's heart rate barely touching 135, whilst the presenters was rarely under 175! And KH had been on the wine the night before!

Ha! That was funny - didnt think Graham Little was going to make it at one point
  • eek...rain, rain and a nasty left hander before the finish...could be carnage for the sprint later
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Roads look pissie wet on the tv.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Oh so easy for Cav
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Dorset_Boy
    Porter is hopeless! Wrong 'nicknames'.

Well done Cav - the Manx MISSILE (you dimwit Porter!!!)
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    The Manchester Missile!

That's really how easy they should be making it look.
  • ilm_zero7
    What's wrong with Manx Missile then?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    Great leadout from Rowe, may have done enough for his own GC chances? Cav again showing that when he gets it right no-one can touch him and gives his team mate a punch for touching his sensitive shoulder :lol:
  • ilm_zero7
    1 Cav
    2 Howard
    3 Kroupis
    4 Rowe
    5 Bennett
    6 Downing
    7 Van Poppel
    8 McEvoy

And now for a night outin Blackpool
  • Dorset_Boy
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with it - it's what Porter should be using, but he doesn't!
  • Well someone on here yesterday said Cav was finished....i think not!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    A2hJc7sCMAAUYWU.jpg:large

Not to do with this race but some chipper in Belgium, but nowhere else to put it. Taken by Lefevre.
  • Dorset Boy wrote:
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with it - it's what Porter should be using, but he doesn't!

Didn't hear the HP commentary. Did he call him the Manx Express? If so, no fault on his part Cav was called the Manx Express before the Missile (named after the Manx Express bus...but not the one that goes over the mountain here I guess :wink: )
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Dorset_Boy
    Cav when asked about aiming for the race leader's jersey - no thanks, I want to savour my last few days in the rainbow bands!
  • How the heck was no time gap given between Cav and the rest? Not even a bleeding second?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    ILM Zero7 wrote:

Manx Express - I think he's mixing his nicknames, perhaps getting confused with cricket and the Rawilpindi Express Shaoib Akhtar. Maybe he should be renamed the Douglas Destroyer ;)

He just put the reporter in his place pointing out it's far batter to wear the WC bands than the race leader's jersey in a chipper :lol: Didn't seem very happy despite winning.
  • Pross wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    ILM Zero7 wrote:

Manx Express - I think he's mixing his nicknames, perhaps getting confused with cricket and the Rawilpindi Express Shaoib Akhtar. Maybe he should be renamed the Douglas Destroyer ;)

He just put the reporter in his place pointing out it's far batter to wear the WC bands than the race leader's jersey in a chipper :lol: Didn't seem very happy despite winning.

Nope, no mistake HP's ok with that nickname
    @JaunePeril

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Pross wrote:
    Didn't seem very happy despite winning.

I'm sure he feels very conflicted at the moment given his future.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pross wrote:
    Didn't seem very happy despite winning.

I'm sure he feels very conflicted at the moment given his future.

Hitting back at the critics?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Hitting back at the critics?

I don't think it's that. I think it's more that he's achieved something fantastic with SKY this Season, but his personal success was limited (as far as the TdF was concerned at least), he recognises there's no real place there for him and he's had to leave when he might really liked to have stayed. Then he's aware that the WC course doesn't suit him and it's unlikely he can retain the jersey. And on top of that, there's a lingering disappointment about the way the Olympic RR turned out. There's a sense of an end of a very important phase in one's life ending. Some people don't like change - it's unsettling.

I'm probably over analysing, but if even a few of these issues are accurate, then it's no surprise he's not feeling too chipper in the chipper.
  • Hitting back at the critics?

I don't think it's that. I think it's more that he's achieved something fantastic with SKY this Season, but his personal success was limited (as far as the TdF was concerned at least), he recognises there's no real place there for him and he's had to leave when he might really liked to have stayed. Then he's aware that the WC course doesn't suit him and it's unlikely he can retain the jersey. And on top of that, there's a lingering disappointment about the way the Olympic RR turned out. There's a sense of an end of a very important phase in one's life ending. Some people don't like change - it's unsettling.

I'm probably over analysing, but if even a few of these issues are accurate, then it's no surprise he's not feeling too chipper in the chipper.

Sounds like a fair analysis to me Rapper, I'd go along with that.
    @JaunePeril

• afx has scoured every sports website in the known universe to find that :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)