whats hapened to Geraint Thomas?

campagone
campagone Posts: 270
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Has he done anything this year except the Olympics?
Really dissapointed with him after the performance he put in last years TourI was expecting him to build on it. I know he was focusing on the olympics (and by the way, thank christ that's done with, now we can hopefully get back to normal!) but that's done and dusted now I half expected him to do the Vuelta or the TOB at least, but that's not to be, yet he was parading in London today, time to get back to what your paid to do and stop celebrating you lazy sod.

Comments

• Troll alert, back under the nearest rock with you
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Track World Champs
    Track Olympics
    Paris - Nice
    Tour de Romandie
    Giro d'Italia
    etc.

How many races have you done this year? :D
  • From the comfort of his sofa...loads...
  • Yes, but appart from the track stuff he hasn't really done any memorable rides has he? Where did he finish in the Giro, P-N or Romandy for that matter. Like I said he had a really good Tour last year and I was expecting him to kick on from there, but for me he's done nothing this year. These races you list, he just did them to stay fit didn't he so he could get his little medal. Look at all the races Wiggins raced and won, he then won at the Olympics which by the way was harder effort than the veledrome stuff and now he's doing the tour of Britain. Couldn't Thomas do a little bit more?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    He was second in both of the Giro Time Trials and won the Tour of Romandie Prologue. He was also Cav's leadout man at the Giro (3 stage wins)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    But apart from that, what has he done?
  • campagone wrote:
    Has he done anything this year except the Olympics?
    Really dissapointed with him after the performance he put in last years TourI was expecting him to build on it. I know he was focusing on the olympics (and by the way, thank christ that's done with, now we can hopefully get back to normal!) but that's done and dusted now I half expected him to do the Vuelta or the TOB at least, but that's not to be, yet he was parading in London today, time to get back to what your paid to do and stop celebrating you lazy sod.

26505547.jpg
  • nweststeyn
    campagone wrote:
    These races you list, he just did them to stay fit didn't he so he could get his little medal.

:D:D:D:D

heeeheee
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    A question for the OP - have you ever ridden a team pursuit?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    nweststeyn wrote:

People that use these 'what have done yourself' references on forums should be penalized with a piercing in the uvula.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Adam Hansen didn't get up until lunchtime today.
  • Turfle wrote:
    Adam Hansen didn't get up until lunchtime today.

Lazy fooker :)
  • nweststeyn
    ThomThom wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

People that use these 'what have done yourself' references on forums should be penalized with a piercing in the uvula.

How many uvulas have you ever pierced?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Last thing i heard that he was kissing Lance's ring on twitter. :roll: ..He caused Ian Bibby to crash in last year's TOB so i guess he doesnt want to tempt fate.
  • Perhaps he is concentrating on world peace or ending third world hunger. Heaven forbid he should be indolent following an Olympic gold medal and team pursuit world record.

Perhaps we should make him get on his bike and follow the Sky team cars around on the ToB to keep his toenails trim :roll:
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    nweststeyn wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

How many uvulas have you ever pierced?

They never sound right afterwards, I wouldn't bother.

yakUkeScreens.jpg
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • It doesn't matter if the OP is a quality racer or not. On a cycling forum you discuss pros vis a vis other pros, you don't comment with a comparison to yourself.

I don't remember seeing him much this year but if he wants to sling his boots around a circular track that's fine. Didn't remember him getting two Giro TT 2nds - that's pretty good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Wiggins was racing the Tour of Britain rather than parading. He has also turned down lots of free clothes etc. Top bloke on that respect.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • nweststeyn
    Wiggins won a gold medal in a road discipline... G won his medal in a track discipline. Wiggo is now riding a road race, while G is celebrating with his track teammates as there are no track races going on. You can't really call him lazy, surely?
  • Turfle
    He's also just got back from racing in Canada.

Thomas, that is.
  • nweststeyn wrote:
    Wiggins won a gold medal in a road discipline... G won his medal in a track discipline. Wiggo is now riding a road race, while G is celebrating with his track teammates as there are no track races going on. You can't really call him lazy, surely?

No I never said G is lazy. But in case you don't realise G is a road racer and is paid for that so not sure what comparison you are making to Wiggins.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • nweststeyn
    campagone wrote:
    yet he was parading in London today, time to get back to what your paid to do and stop celebrating you lazy sod.

The OP's reference to lazy.
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Paris - Nice
    Tour de Romandie
    Giro d'Italia

Me highlighting the road races he has participated in
    Wiggins was racing the Tour of Britain rather than parading. He has also turned down lots of free clothes etc. Top bloke on that respect.

You making the first reference to Wiggins in this thread.

I'm sure Geraint Thomas is doing all he is being asked to do in exchange for his salary.
  • nweststeyn
    But no, I take it all back... the fact that he was at the Olympic parade thingy is irrefutable proof that he is lazy, has let the country down, has failed to comply with his contractual obligations and has become a crap bike rider.

Oh and he's got fat too.
  • OK I may have been wrong to call him lazy, it was meant a bit tongue in cheek, but I would have thought he'd be chomping at the bits to get back racing after the Olympics, I mean why isn't he riding the TOB this week, he's not exhausted after his effort in London is he? And I know he's got to be picked by Sky first. I didn't watch the Canada stuff so I hadn't realised he rode there, did he win?
    I'm sure he'll look back on this season and be the first to admit he could have done more had he not focused solely on the Olympics.
  • Turfle
    campagone wrote:
    OK I may have been wrong to call him lazy, it was meant a bit tongue in cheek, but I would have thought he'd be chomping at the bits to get back racing after the Olympics, I mean why isn't he riding the TOB this week, he's not exhausted after his effort in London is he? And I know he's got to be picked by Sky first. I didn't watch the Canada stuff so I hadn't realised he rode there, did he win?
    I'm sure he'll look back on this season and be the first to admit he could have done more had he not focused solely on the Olympics.

Since the Olympics he's ridden:
    Vattenfall
    Tour of Denmark (2nd in TT)
    Two Canadian races.
    Next up is the World Champs.
    The Thursday following which he is riding Circuit Franco-Belge .

He hasn't exactly been slacking.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I think he'd have struggled to make any sort of impact at the Vuelta coming straight off the track. ToB would have been a good race for him, but it clashes with the WC TTT and I'm sure Sky will want him for that.
  • No I never said G is lazy. But in case you don't realise G is a road racer and is paid for that

Partly correct...................Sky will get him to do anything that brings publicity..............whether that be road, track, or riding around on a unicycle.............
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    campagone wrote:
    I mean why isn't he riding the TOB this week?

Difficult to be in two places at once. The ToB started Sunday morning in Ipswich, finishing in Norwich. The GP Montreal (in Canada :wink: ) was yesterday evening. Transatlantic travel isn't that fast and I think UCI rules would stop him from riding 2 races in a day.
    campagone wrote:
    I didn't watch the Canada stuff so I hadn't realised he rode there, did he win?

No but Lars Petter Nordhaug did win for Sky so I'm guessing G did his bit.
  • G is down for lombardia and some other end of season races but he was saying even at the giro he was concentrating on the Olympics. Also watching the team sky doc at the mo it seems he got brought in more than planned to help settle cav who seems to have enjoyed very little at sky this year.

No doubt we will see more of him next season and I hope he focuses on the classics