Public bicycle pump

2»

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Never been there but if they can't even offer a bit of free Air to get customers through the door then it does sound like customer service is lacking, I've never come across a bike shop which charges to use the shop track pump!
    +1 That puts me off without even having stepped in the place
  • The excuse they give is that it is to discourage the less trustworthy types in Streatham from abusing/nicking their gear. It wouldn't surprise me if they are only too pleased to offer serious cyclist free air.

Despite the fact that I won't use them again, I'm sure they mean well. They're just a classic example of certain type of haphazard, small British business. Sweet in a way, but frustrating as hell to deal with..
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    The excuse they give is that it is to discourage the less trustworthy types in Streatham from abusing/nicking their gear. It wouldn't surprise me if they are only too pleased to offer serious cyclist free air.

Despite the fact that I won't use them again, I'm sure they mean well. They're just a classic example of certain type of haphazard, small British business. Sweet in a way, but frustrating as hell to deal with..

Eh? Well, 20 p still seems a decent price for a track pump I could get a fiver for down the car boot...!!!
  • 20p for a quick blow - sounds like a bargain to me.

£5 to spend a penny. Now that really is taking the p155 :evil:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Ben6899 wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    Does it look like it works with both valve types?

It looks like it's only compatible with schrader valves. Which makes it almost useless.

i always carry one of them brass schrader to presta adapters

it was only £1 from halfrauds
    Keeping it classy since '83