ToB - stage 1 **SPOILERS**

13»

Comments

• IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Thought it looked a pretty strange crash when he went down yesterday. Was confused by the results as I thought it was him that had gone down but he was still in the first group. Clear as mud with all the crashes yesterday.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Nice to see Luke take the stage, top man!

Now I can say that I got absolutely crushed at a club TT by a ToB stage winner :D
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Anyone else think I should pack in my job and try and become a full time cycling commentator?
  • Rick, if you're any good at recruitment then you'd have already found yourself a job.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Rick, if you're any good at recruitment then you'd have already found yourself a job.

I'll take that as a yes.
  • To know how good you are i'd need to speak to your Mrs, you can PM me her phone number.

Then you'll have to work out a way to beat me in the interview process, good luck with that.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • dw300 wrote:

Great links!

Vid shows how far ahead Rowe & Wiggo were at that point, which says something about the finishing speed of van Poppel...
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    dw300 wrote:

We've all done. Forunately we weren't one of the most famous sportspeople in the country at the time and didn't have thousands watching us :lol: Bet he felt silly!!
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Pross wrote:
    dw300 wrote:

We've all done. Forunately we weren't one of the most famous sportspeople in the country at the time and didn't have thousands watching us :lol: Bet he felt silly!!

As Brad's chubbed-up since the Tour/Olympics, the extra momentum into the corner caught him out a bit, I reckon...
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    RichN95 wrote:
    Squaggles wrote:
    Mr and Mrs Van Poppel could have made a little bit more of an effort in naming their son surely ?
    It's just as bad for his sister Girl and their younger brother Accident

Well, little factoid of stage 1:

Boy's father is (nick)named Popeye - not kidding. Also known as JP (Jean Paul) he won the green jersey in the 1987 TdF.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Popeye Van Poppel? I can see what they did there :-)