Black Book / Winter training Plans

2»

Comments

• What sort of info is this? I've had a look online and can't find a copy either. I've only just seriously got into road cycling but want to continue training throughout winter
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Rob,
    You should be abler to track CTL, etc, etc in GC - I prefer v3.
    Rich
  • tv
    tv Posts: 338
    jibberjim wrote:
    You certainly do not need complex plans, indeed simpler ones are probably better (alternating threshold and VO2max efforts every day is a great plan for almost everyone) The problem with simple is - they can't be sold so no-one promotes them, and most people have a huge attraction to the complicated and a belief in a single "secret" workout that will do great things. When the reality is, all that really matters is consistency and sufficient overload.

Well said :D
  • Hi, I'd definitely love to have a read of this. Any chance someone would be kind enough to PM me a copy?

Many thanks!
  • I'd really appreciate a copy if anyone could spare the time.

Thanks
  • If it is OK could someone send me a copy - many thanks, Simon
  • I am also quite curious, could someone PM me a copy if it isn't too much hassle.
    Recently feeling my training has plateu'd...

Many thanks,
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • rotor
    rotor Posts: 14
    Hi

Just to jump on the bandwagon, would someone mind PM'ing me a copy as well?

Thanks in advance

Phil
  • Dear Chaps, I have only started riding this year and simply love it. I'm a little worried about dark drizzly nights but need to keep my fitness through the winter, have a turbo trainer now too. Have heard snippets about this wonderful Black Book and how it will help, if anyone could spare me the time to email it through or a link I would be very grateful indeed. I'm afraid I don't know what PM is but if it's easier to PM a link or PDF I shall endeavour to find out. With a lot of thanks, Rachel x
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    http://rs547p10.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/ ... 0123456789

This was posted 3 years ago and still seems to work, looks pretty old school to me. Don't think it is what modern coaches are prescribing.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    okgo wrote:
    http://rs547p10.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/rsapi.cgi?sub=download&fileid=277262054&filename=Black_Book.pdf&dlauth=0123456789

This was posted 3 years ago and still seems to work, looks pretty old school to me. Don't think it is what modern coaches are prescribing.

To be fair as a generic plan it is similar to what alot of coaching plans (those that are designed without really knowing anything about the rider) would have you do. If you do have an actual coach where your coaching is based on your goals then no it isn't what your coach is likely to prescribe.

For a rider that is new to the sport, or has never undertoke any sort of structured training, you will notice gains in following the black book however, the author is a very good coach, and though some of the stuff is probably not going to work for all, no generic plan would do this anyhow.
  • hipshot
    hipshot Posts: 371
    edited March 2013
    Sorry to resuscitate an old thread with a begging letter, but could anyone PM me a copy of the Black book?

Fingers are worn to bloody stumps in a fruitless search online :cry:

Edit

Received. Many thanks for the replies.
  • Kevo27
    Kevo27 Posts: 95
    Me too
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,882
    me too please! Some may say its too late for a winter plan, but looking out of the window..........