Advanced bike handling for commuters

2»

Comments

• t4tomo wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    kelsen wrote:
    I've heard some people can do the 'Emergency brake - Endo - Handlebar stepover' but I've never witnessed it, nor would I have the skill to attempt such a technical manoeuvre.
    I did this once, on a Brompton. The front wheel locked and sort of slid out of the way, I went over the handlebars (letting go in the process), landed on one foot, took about three steps forward and came to a halt without falling over. No idea how I managed it, and I've no intention of trying to replicate it. I was on the way to work, in office attire, and I think most of the acrobatics was motivated by a deep desire to keep my clothes clean.

I've don't that too on a Brommie. Front wheel went from underneath me as I turned left on some wet road metal. I sort of stepped off it and was left holding the bars with just my left hand with the bike almost horizontal in the air.

I remounted and pedalled off!

Again no intention of trying to repeat it.

Isn't that a Biker Fox Hop(TM) ?
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    My brother and I were riding MTBs (this was a long time ago)

I hear you can still find them in some far-away parts.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • SimonAH wrote:
    The Biker Fox Flip man, the Biker Fox Flip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dt77wzu5S0

Perfected at 1:30 ish
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.