Pretty Much Happy Really

Greg T
Greg T Posts: 3,266
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
I've no problems at all with the forum - quite like it, it amuses me often. No problems with the Mods, think they get it right most of the time and when they don't so what - it's only the interweb and their sweetshop anyway. If i don't like it I can pedal off and post to LSSSSFGBG or just talk to people.
Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Quite happy here. Glad I'm not a mod, real motorcycles for me. None of this scooter rubbish.
  • Said Lance to Kimmage
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Tsk. Surely this should be in the "Discuss the website" sub-forum so that it can be ignored and locked for no good reason!

:wink:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I vote we start a new forum called dramaqueenradar.com where we can all bitch happily and endlessly about the mods without ever having to waste our time on all that tiresome cycling rubbish.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I could only be happier if I were to discover that, as a bonus, my company had hired Lori Petty to give back massages as and when required.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    SimonAH wrote:
    I could only be happier if I were to discover that, as a bonus, my company had hired Lori Petty to give back massages as and when required.

Are we talking current Lori Petty or 'Point Break' Lori Petty?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'm happy. Hope you're happy tooooo.

Fun to funky here.

(Hope you don't have that song rolling around your head on the commute home tonight btw).
    :wink:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    im happy as err one can be on a forum

needs more tits though

CODPH100.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Greg T
    The only thing that could make me happier would be if I was caught by the US 4 X 100m swim team and tickled whilst they whipped me to death with their hair

missy-gold_main.jpg

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm alright, not happy. If I was happy I would have no where else to go on the happiness scale.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • mudcow007
    Greg T wrote:
    The only thing that could make me happier would be if I was caught by the US 4 X 100m swim team and tickled whilst they whipped me to death with their hair

missy-gold_main.jpg

that group goes against the rule "there is always one good looker in a group of girls"
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    gtvlusso wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

Are we talking current Lori Petty or 'Point Break' Lori Petty?

Oh, more Tank Girl Lori Petty really - though Point Break could take a battering too.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Greg T
    mudcow007 wrote:
    that group goes against the rule "there is always one good looker in a group of girls"

I refer my learned friend to this article in learned Journal "the daily mash"

The Daily Mash
    “Conversely, showing no discernment whatsoever can lead to an extremely active sex life with a large variety of partners, if you can keep your dinner down.”

As for none of them being hot - you need to demist your riding shades amigo . . .

• vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Not enough orange for scouse tastes.
  • mudcow007
    vermin wrote:

or north face tacksuits
  • Greg T
    vermin wrote:

Er.....

I've tried saying "orange" with a scouse accent just in case it sounds like "welfare payments" or something but I still can't make sense of that.

Please don't knife me, no i don't want my drive tarmac'ed.

• Greg T wrote:
    vermin wrote:

Er.....

I've tried saying "orange" with a scouse accent just in case it sounds like "welfare payments" or something but I still can't make sense of that.

Please don't knife me, no i don't want my drive tarmac'ed.

See that hole?

That's where your car stereo used to be, that is.

I think I'd prefer this lot:

article-2149238-13103A6B000005DC-791_964x725.jpg

I'm thinking 3, 4, 6, 2, 1, 3, 5, 4, 2...

Or I might just convert pi to base 7 and see where that leads me. Can't go too far wrong, I expect
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I find myself hunched infront of my computer screen, a smaller than normal web window and shoulders as wide as I can make them so that the person behind me cannot see what I'm looking at....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Greg T
    SWATCH . . .

ah it says SWATCH . . .

must improve my speed reading / concurrent drinking routine... nearly drowned

• Don't forget, pictures of women are inherently offensive.
  • Don't forget, pictures of women are inherently offensive.

How did the palm of that hand get so red raw? :wink:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Don't forget, pictures of women are inherently offensive.

How did the palm of that hand get so red raw? :wink:
    psoriasis :lol:
  • Greg T wrote:
    SWATCH . . .

ah it says SWATCH . . .

must improve my speed reading / concurrent drinking routine... nearly drowned

quite, woke me from my ill fug/half asleep dosing on the sofa...
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    It's like that episode of Dallas where whatsit woke up and it was all a dream and hadn't really happened, innit? Happy as Larry. Ish.
    Rules are for fools.
  • Waddlie wrote:
    Happy as Larry.

Have you been living under a rock.

Larry is far from happy just now

[That's a Pro Race joke right there folks.]
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Sounds like a pretty funny place.

I'll strap up me sides and wander over...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Sounds like a pretty funny place.

I'll strap up me sides and wander over...

You may want to change the avatar first.

No wait.

Leave it exactly as it is.........Mwahahahaha!
  • I've stuck my nose in there recently, I'll have you know.

They were very nice.

I suspect they didn't notice. It's quite subtle, and you have to know what to look for. And know your stuff.

That's what I like about it. Not everyone gets it to begin with.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I'm the admin of another forum, and I know first-hand how much of a PITA running a forum can be when the natives get restless. So I've a lot of sympathy for those times when admins or mods feel the need to wield the mighty banstick. It's hard to get it right all the time, so more than willing to cut some slack.

This forum is one of the better ones, I reckon.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Well, Paul that church there was built in 1745 by the natives of Brunei who helped Jan Ullrich cross the Caspian Sea on a whale's back but now he's bobbing and weaving on the tarmac like a drunken sailor in Glasgow back in 1971 when Lance was dating my sister who is flying up the slopes of Ventoux like a simian with his posterior aflame, Paul, this is like when Sean Kelly tore the legs off Eddy Merckx but now we have a word from Bob Roll on Road Kill I.D. and the echelon is in the ditches! Is it me or is this tiny little booth at the finish line closing in on me? It seems awfully hot in here but not as hot for the boys on the road in Oman where the camels race down the final 250 meters its going to be close its Virenque! Virenque has won the stage to Paris!
    FCN = 4