Stag do

2»

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Went surfing to Croyde in Devon for my Stag.

Watching a load of 30-40 year old blokes in wetsuits is not pretty....kinda like looking a bin bags full of yoghurt, bobbing in the sea.

I had to wear a brown bikini hastily bought from Asda and then dress up as a chav on a 18-30 holiday.

Never have I been so pi$$ed and had so little sleep - the tent still smells of my mates farting arse....6 years on.

But I agree, sometimes, it just looks tragic.....The best one I have seen in recent times was a group who had dressed as wealthy land owners with beards....
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    mudcow007 wrote:
    for my stag do, i fancy going to Russia or something firing some automatic weapons an possibly an rpg if i'm good, drinking vodka until we cant see then retire to out 50p per night hotel

When I was in Cambodia we went shooting. It appeared to be being run by a corrupt army bloke who was nicking weapons and ammo from a neighbouring military base.....

I fired an AK47, "tommy gun" and an M4A1, but the word on the street was that for a few hundred dollars you could blow up a cow with an RPG :shock:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    the word on the street was that for a few hundred dollars you could blow up a cow with an RPG :shock:

Well that's dinner sorted too.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    bails87 wrote:
    but the word on the street was that for a few hundred dollars you could blow up a cow with an RPG :shock:

I heard of you missed the cow you got given it, even if you didn't want it.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Thought cows were sacred in Cambodia....

Blowing up a cow could possibly be an afront to God.......brilliant!

**I have fired an M82 .50 cal - at a target, but I have seen someone shoot a deer with a .50 cal on youtube, quite literally there was nothing left of the Deer.....
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    bails87 wrote:
    but the word on the street was that for a few hundred dollars you could blow up a cow with an RPG :shock:

I was chatting to a guy while in Cambodia who claimed to have done it. He said it was "wicked".

Yeah, we didn't share too many more drinks.
  • Although its not something I'd be interested in doing I could imagine that blowing up a cow would give you a massive primal buzz - even if ten minutes later you'd be consumed with guilt and revulsion at yourself.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Thought cows were sacred in Cambodia....

Blowing up a cow could possibly be an afront to God.......brilliant!

**I have fired an M82 .50 cal - at a target, but I have seen someone shoot a deer with a .50 cal on youtube, quite literally there was nothing left of the Deer.....

A brave American?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pffff. Stag do. The night before, I went to the pub with mates, a few male relatives (no girls allowed). Drank loads of ale, went home and finished off a bottle of whisky.
    Woke up the next day and did the deed. I was in the army at the time and a tank gunner, so shooting stuff was the day job.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Peat wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

I was chatting to a guy while in Cambodia who claimed to have done it. He said it was "wicked".

Yeah, we didn't share too many more drinks.

Yeah, for the record I wasn't at all interested in killing anything, only shot at defenceless paper targets.

As for cows being sacred, no, the official religion is Buddhism, which I thought meant that everything was sacred. But South-East Asians are an omnivorous bunch so killing stuff, for food anyway, can't be too much of a problem.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Went on 4-dayer last year for one of my closest mates. First night in Newcastle (he was dressed as a woman, make up, growler, the works)visiting a load of pubs and clubs with the help of a party bus. A monstrous hangover and a 5 hour drive later we found ourselves on an island on Loch Tay for 2 nights which we used as a base to go white water rafting and canyoning as well as living a rustic lifestyle (think catching fish and chickens for the barbecue). Was a great laugh but a bit too much for most of us. Distance was the main thing (most from Nottingham area).

In 2004 I went to Barcelona with my brother for his stag and managed to spend a grand in four days. God knows what that'd add up to nowadays.

I'm getting married in 2014 and am currently looking for ideas. Nothing too lavish as there'll be a fair few older folk (45+). Suggestions most welcome.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Although its not something I'd be interested in doing I could imagine that blowing up a cow would give you a massive primal buzz - even if ten minutes later you'd be consumed with guilt and revulsion at yourself.

Why?

It's not that much different from shooting anything else. I'm not afraid to admit that I enjoy culling squirrels in the back garden with my air gun.

They also taste good on the BBQ.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I've really enjoyed the stag dos I've been on, but none of them have been abroad, and all have been at most 2 days (Friday & Saturday, with Sunday being recovery, lounging and going home). Normal activities such as karting, clay shooting, paintball, archery, trout fishing, curry, lappies and pub crawls. Great times.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • asprilla
    Agent57 wrote:
    I've really enjoyed the stag dos I've been on, but none of them have been abroad, and all have been at most 2 days (Friday & Saturday, with Sunday being recovery, lounging and going home). Normal activities such as karting, clay shooting, paintball, archery, trout fishing, curry, lappies and pub crawls. Great times.

Sounds like what I asked to do for my stag. We went to Amsterdam and it was terrible.

I did enjoy the Reichs Museum but I went on my own.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Shooting hand guns including a soviet bloc Uzi replica was the highlight of Bratislava for me. We all took turns to shopot the stag's old pulling t-shirt. That and the biker themed night club. The rest of it seemed to be people trying to trick you into a brothel.

Les Arcs was great, 5 day ski strip. Stag had to sledge down a slope out the back of the apartment block on one of those T shaped plastic sledged. Naked. The locals were peeing themselves and shouting "You've got a really small c0ck!" in French, with the stag's brother trying to argue that it wasn't that small. I think we spent about 2 hours a day on the slopes and the rest either sleeping off hangovers or building up to a hangover.

Mine was in Bristol, I was dressed up as Britney Spears (Hit Me Baby One More Time video outfit) on the packed London/Bristol train, we had a great first night out on the town, then the next day did various activities before more beers and a sorry hangover for the train home. A great weekend!

Most of my mates are now married, thank God, as I can't do 2 day drinking sessions any more. Its the SCR fitness of course, not the slowly advancing years :(
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    The worst stag do I was ever invited to but fortunately didn't go.
    The stag's friends tarred and feathered him BEFORE drinking anything. Not surprisingly no drinking establishments would let them in. So they bought some booze in an offy and drank that whilst wandering around trying to find a pub that would serve them. All finished by 9pm because they got bored.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Asprilla wrote:
    It's not that much different from shooting anything else. .

Of course it is. Killing something because it is a pest or killing for food is fine. Shooting a cow with an RPG for entertainment is not. There'd be nothing left!
  • Going on my future brother-in-law's stag next year. With my dad :shock:

Thankfully my old man is always up for a laugh. Biggest problem with be keeping him out of the strippers but I reckon he'll be in bed by 10pm. Unless he gets on the charlie. Oh god.
  • asprilla
    Peat wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    It's not that much different from shooting anything else. .

Of course it is. Killing something because it is a pest or killing for food is fine. Shooting a cow with an RPG for entertainment is not. There'd be nothing left!

But fun though.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3