Neilpryde

2»

Comments

• greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    I've had an Alize built up since the beginning of summer and have been very happy with the performance. With aero wheels it really does hold high speeds (c25mph) better than anything else I've ridden.

Tend to keep it for dry use so only done about 1K miles to date, thus can't vouch for ultimate build quality. However, I hope it doesn't break as they don't offer the XXL size frame any more so I'd be stuffed :(
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • It's strange as the Alize frames do seem to last for ever and I've not heard one horror story! I just don't like the look so went for the Bura instead.
  • It's strange as the Alize frames do seem to last for ever and I've not heard one horror story! I just don't like the look so went for the Bura instead.
    and the stupid position of rear derailleur cable port at chain stay hasn't changed... the port points directly to the rear wheel skewer...
    2015 Trek Domane 4.5 Disc
    http://chup.info/c/tag/trek/
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    gabriel959 wrote:
    In my days as a windsurfer, Neilpryde was the sail to have if you wanted to be seen as someone fast... they were the most expensive and Bjorn Dunkerback used them to win a gazillion world titles... I got one and kept being slow and struggling with my power jibe... must be still somewhere in the garage

So that's my experience with Neilpryde... 8)

It's not about the sail? :wink:

The marketing hype about sails and boards in the 1990s was just as bad as the cycling industry is today... I became suspicious seeing some hippies in shorts with 1980s triangular sails made of heavy fabric and patched with gaffer tape doing all sorts of tricks, while I was struggling with my F2 board in honeycomb and Neilpryde monofilm sail with cambers.

Those were the days... 8)
    I windsurfed with a champion formula windsurfer. For him, Neil Pryde were the only rigs that were competitive. I liked my V8 too with NP carbon mast. They were into carbon long before it became mainstream in cycling. Would I buy a NP frame? No.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    So that's what's become of the Trolls on here has it ?

4 posts and spent.

Sad times indeed.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Bookwyse
    Bookwyse Posts: 245
    Careful with the windsurfing quotes guys as there is a guy on here who knows a little bit about that sport. That's if you count participating in the Olympics and currently being one of the RYA coaches knowing a little bit.LOL
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Bookwyse wrote:
    Careful with the windsurfing quotes guys as there is a guy on here who knows a little bit about that sport. That's if you count participating in the Olympics and currently being one of the RYA coaches knowing a little bit.LOL

Thanks for that.

Remember this is the Tinternet and anything goes :wink:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • on-yer-bike
    Bookwyse wrote:
    Not sure anything has been said that is contentious or wrong or that he wouldnt probably agree with. What's his name?
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Bookwyse wrote:

And?....
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Bookwyse wrote:

And?....

I'm sure there are quite a few of us who were into our windsurfing and now cycle.

I was a Pro for Tushingham, in the days after Lester had left to start Orange Bikes and it was run by Chris Bowler.

Despite being given all the Tush kit I wanted (within reason), I still had a couple of Pryde sails in the van and always used Pryde masts. Their carbon masts were just the best.

The windsurfing kit proved itself on the world stage (well kind of, the stuff we all competed with was a bit 'different' to what the public bought and some of it you just couldn't buy), so it's a shame to see the NP bikes have this ridiculous web presence... with this thread adding to the problem.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • on-yer-bike
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Bookwyse wrote:

And?....

I'm sure there are quite a few of us who were into our windsurfing and now cycle.

I was a Pro for Tushingham, in the days after Lester had left to start Orange Bikes and it was run by Chris Bowler.

Despite being given all the Tush kit I wanted (within reason), I still had a couple of Pryde sails in the van and always used Pryde masts. Their carbon masts were just the best.

The windsurfing kit proved itself on the world stage (well kind of, the stuff we all competed with was a bit 'different' to what the public bought and some of it you just couldn't buy), so it's a shame to see the NP bikes have this ridiculous web presence... with this thread adding to the problem.
    I wonder why we all gave up windsurfing to do cycling?
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo