• DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    would be interested to hear how you get on with it
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Daz555 wrote:
    crispy1980 wrote:
    Both my kids prefer the trailer.

I think it all depends on the child. I have a double trailer for when I take both of my children to the child minders, and although they enjoy it, they prefer being on the child seats when my wife and I take them out at the weekend. They can see more from the child seats and can talk to us. If I only have the one child I prefer to use the child seat, as I can talk with them. I think it all comes down to personal preference (apart from the WeeRide which is the devil's own creation :twisted: )
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Fitted the weeride to my bike last night, was a bit of a faff but now I've got it sussed getting it on and off will be easy enough. Had a quick ride in the street last night and it seemed fine. Passed this mornings quick ride in the street with the young un in it. He loved it. Just need to get a helmet for him and get out in the woods. My eldest will be going into a car seat strapped into a trailer. He's got CP and is very floppy so it's going to be the only way I can get him out with us until he's big enough to ride in a duet.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • DCR00
    got any pics of it fitted ?
  • oodboo
    Can take some tonight.

Strava
  • oodboo
    Here's a picture of the seat on the bike with my 18 month old son in it. Doesn't show the fixings very well but should be enought to give you an idea:
    1_IMG_1883.jpg
    The clamp at the front lies pretty flat against the top tube and the red strap hanging down should be fastened underneath. I've ordered a helmet for him and going to wait for that before we get out for a proper test ride.

Strava
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    only trouble there is he'll miss the simple pleasure of smacking you in the back as you ride along

Halford do a Bell one that fits my boy - just.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • DCR00
    Thought i would update on this. Bought a Weeride yesterday and its fits quite well.

20121125_150431.jpg

My legs do brush up against the seat, but not in any bad way. Need a helmet for the Boy, then we can do a proper test run.

Only alight annoyance is resetting the sag on the shock...
  • I have a Hamax seat, works great, easy to fit, and my son loves being out and about. Don't do any proper biking, just along a tarmac cycle path.

Only negative is that over bumps, the seat does move move a bit too more for my liking.
    Follow me on....Google+
    Shop here....eBay Shop
  • oodboo
    i put mine on my enduro and took my son out round the woods the other day. He seemed to enjoy it and we both came home covered in mud so I'm looking to get some goggles to protect his eyes. I run my shock quite firm and the small one is small so I didn't bother messing with the shock.

Strava
  • The weeride is a fab seat for kids. I have 1 and he loves that he can see everything you can, you can talk to them and if you do bin it you already have you're arms there to protect them the best you can (not that I have binned it). Where if they are sat on the seat behind you, you can't do anything for them and they can't see anything.
    Only my opinion but well worth every penny for both of us.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    DCR00 wrote:
    My legs do brush up against the seat

That is what put me off. I also felt that the bars would have to come up severl inches.

Looks good (as much as they can) on the bike. How do you find the steering?

We are looking to go out in the woods and mountains in a couple of weeks; this will be the trailers first bit of off roading!
  • DCR00
    havent given it a full test yet

need to get the Boy a helmet first, prob on Sat morning
  • DCR00
    first test ride today, just up and down the back road

with the Reverb at its standard height, my legs aren't touching the seat at all. The boys helmet is touching my chest, but not in any bad way (kind of reassuring in a way)

More importantly, and despite having a bad cold, the Boy loved it
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I have the weeride and use it a lot with my now 3 year old, yes it does push your legs out at odd angles but you get used to it. The front padded piece is great as he's fallen asleep whilst out a few times.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500