Have i been doing it wrong??

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not sure about eggbeaters but the Shimano ones definately get easier to clip into overthe first week as the edges are taken off the clips.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I am not sure about egg beaters either but shimano definitely get easier plus you can dial the tension right down which helps.

I too had several comedy offs with spds - I started using them with very minimal practice on my first touring holiday - first time we stopped on way out of vienna on the side of the Danube to check a map I went straight over sideways. Second time we were in Metz (I think), clipped my pannier on an a frame sign in a narrow street, toppled sideways when I couldnt get my foot out and landed with my hands two inches from a passing Audi tyre (no Orange bike in sight) - driver was very concerned! Or at least I think that is what he was trying to get across. :lol:
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ibbo68 wrote:
    Deadkenny/YeehaaMcgee may I suggest the Friend/Foe option in your user control panel...or meet up,kiss and make up/kick the crap out of each other :wink:

Or just agree to disagree :D
    Well change of mind, but I'm just going to be on the rides section as that's the important part for me. I have no need to block people, I don't really have a problem with him myself, and in the MTB world we all seem to be a bunch of people who get on pretty well I find. :|

FWIWT the point I seemingly failed to make though lack of clarity / confusion has been summed up in the photos above. Exactly what I really meant.

(And final edit) ...

*cough* - http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Shoe-Pedal ... -2012.html

;)
  • Just saw this on Pink Bike so thought I'd add it to this thread - good tips/advice - http://www.pinkbike.com/video/275158/
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.