Do you acknowledge over riders?

13»

Comments

• Said hello to about 15 people riding through Epping Forest on Saturday.... got 1 acknowledgment.

Miserable buggers.
  • Vegman
    Vegman Posts: 35
    Well... on Sunday me and the missus were on the last mile or so of our MUDFEST two and a half hour afternoon ride, we were plugging away up the last road hill (which you can easily hit 45mph on going down on a curly handlebar bike, I know that cos there are a couple in the garage.) We were totally claggegd with chalky mud on full winter knobblies, but hey!!! we were cheerfull and jolly if knackered... not so most of the misereable... ahem!!!! cyclists on the last 12 miles of a Wiggle sportive going DOWN the hill, I know they had cycled a few more miles than we had, but i bet the calories expended were similar..if sportives mean you can't smile and be cheery to others then I don't want to do one.

I have a horrible cold and runny nose hence my rash of posts... I know MTFU .. got my hat and coat cough!! GONE.
    A bike..in my garage.....I MUST tinker.
  • kammybear
    kammybear Posts: 500
    njee20 wrote:
    As a Lycra wearing rider I find the more body armour worn the ruder the rider! Always say hello, don't really care if they respond!

Seems accurate.

I base this on the fact that I once shared a train journey from Birmingham to Cannock with what looked like a downhill rider. He scowled and looked moody throughout the whole ride.

On the other hand, another train journey had a gang of old blokes with average bikes. Very friendly and talkative and inclusive.