Going commando, pads and chamois cream

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Are a bloody nightmare.

You can't fart while sat on the saddle.

There's no sneaking one off while cycling along, the bloody combination of a bare arse, slimy cream and pad tight up against your bumhole means no cracking one off on the sly.

Nope, it's stand up and flubber away (and THAT'S another thing! You flubber when farting. None of this silent stuff)

Someone ought to do something about this.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• Probably my first post here (and my last) so, I'll throw in my Half Guinea...

I've quite merrily sh1t myself many a time Kieran whilst cycling out with you - whether it be a leisure ride or a commute into work. You've probably just thought it was a crafty fart but I can assure you sir, it wasn't. There is nothing more satisfying or liberating in this world, than crimping one out whilst in the saddle and all of this against a backdrop of English country lanes and byways. It's a beautiful and noble act and one which no one knows anything about...only yourself.

My advice...Take risks. Leave the creams. 'Touch Chamois'.

Nowt like it our kid!

Toodle pip.

Rob
    "Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades" - Merckx
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Are you sure it's the pads and cream that causes the problem? Would have thought sweaty butt cheeks give the same problem.

Anyway it's one way to get rid of wheel suckers.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Methinks you are putting way too much on and far too far up the back if you are getting that effect!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Paul E wrote:
    far too far up the back if you are getting that effect!
    If you need one of those vet's gloves to apply the chamois cream then you're doing it wrong.
    glove.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Paul E wrote:
    Methinks you are putting way too much on and far too far up the back if you are getting that effect!

Yeah - those tubs aren't single use!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Paul E wrote:
    +1.
    In fact the instructions say that it should not be directly applied to that specific area.
    Apply to the skin, not the pad. We no longer have real chamois that needs softening. I remember the days..... :oops:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    That awkward moment when you realise that embarrasing experience isn't a common experience...
  • That awkward moment when you realise that embarrasing experience isn't a common experience...

That other awkward moment when you realise you didn't get the joke.... :wink:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Paul E
    Yes, it was a joke
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Are a bloody nightmare.

There's no sneaking one off while cycling along, the bloody combination of a bare ars*, slimy cream and pad tight up against your bumhole means no cracking one off on the sly.

Nope, it's stand up and flubber away (and THAT'S another thing! You flubber when farting. None of this silent stuff)

???
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • That awkward moment when you realise that embarrasing experience isn't a common experience...

The awkward moment when you realise you've used the 'awkard moment' meme
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • bails87 wrote:
    Are a bloody nightmare.

There's no sneaking one off while cycling along, the bloody combination of a bare ars*, slimy cream and pad tight up against your bumhole means no cracking one off on the sly.

???

note for self: dead-pan humour does not work on the internet....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Paul E
    No, it doesn't
  • There's no point if being secrative about it. Just lwt rip & then pardon yourself afterwards, those following you that gag & moan such things as "eergh, I had my mouth open & everything" need to MTFU...... :D
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • rolf_f

Look on the bright side - at least you now know that everyone on the forum thinks you're daft enough to shove most of a tub of chamois cream up your bum crack.
  • Rolf F wrote:

Look on the bright side - at least you now know that everyone on the forum thinks you're daft enough to shove most of a tub of chamois cream up your bum crack.

I didn't though :P I just got rather over-enthusiastic with it on the pad :oops:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    1. I can't fart while in the road bike position. I'm also afraid of following through as being that hunched over kinda opens me up (you know what I mean) and its too easy for a fart to become a sh*t.

2. I don't see the point in Chamois cream.

3. The only cream I need is a thick sudocream like substance that I apply between the thighs (the joint where crotch meets thighs) to stop friction and my legs rubbing raw.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rolf_f
    DonDaddyD wrote:

3. The only cream I need is a thick sudocream like substance that I apply between the thighs (the joint where crotch meets thighs) to stop friction and my legs rubbing raw.

3 is what/where you use chamois cream for.
  • Paul E
    Some people use it, some people don't, I do as it makes things a lot more comfortable.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Rolf F wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

If you apply it there, how and why would it affect the way you fart?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rolf_f
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Exactly! It won't. Mind you, the manufacturers are missing a trick here. Same product, different packaging....

Do you suffer from anal exhalations? Then you need new Fart Stop! Apply liberally to Fartal area and say goodbye to farts forever!
  • Rolf F wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Exactly! It won't. Mind you, the manufacturers are missing a trick here. Same product, different packaging....

Do you suffer from anal exhalations? Then you need new Fart Stop! Apply liberally to Fartal area and say goodbye to farts forever!

Actually if you use the Assos (Oh dear) cream it makes your farts smell lovely....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X

• Actually if you use the Assos (Oh dear) cream it makes your farts smell lovely....

Didn't realise you were suppose to eat it....
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • Cream (and then Sudocrem) only for days of more than 8 hours in the saddle.

Almost relevant: I notice that in the Boots across the road, one shelf section marked "coughs and colds" at the top are all the laxatives. Now that's one way to stop you coughing.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    A minor, and slightly distasteful, aside - recently I developed a couple of Chalfonts that (despite being scrupulously clean and using Sudocreme when on the bike) took quite a while to go away due, presumably, to quite a lot of miles.

The point of this post is however, when off the bike, I was using that fine product Anusol to assist in the bumgrape shrinking process. Did you know that your starfish can taste mint flavours? Neither did I folks, neither did I.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    SimonAH wrote:
    A minor, and slightly distasteful, aside - recently I developed a couple of Chalfonts that (despite being scrupulously clean and using Sudocreme when on the bike) took quite a while to go away due, presumably, to quite a lot of miles.

The point of this post is however, when off the bike, I was using that fine product Anusol to assist in the bumgrape shrinking process. Did you know that your starfish can taste mint flavours? Neither did I folks, neither did I.

Just spat water all over my damn keyboard.......this forum costs my company a fortune in IT equipment!!
  • what the fxck is a Chalfont.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    what the fxck is a Chalfont.

Chalfont St Giles....rhyming slang old bean....cockerney rhyming slang....
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    what the fxck is a Chalfont.

Chalfont St Giles....
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Ah I see.

Can that be caused by cycling?