Rotor Power Meter - next generation measurement

bahzob
bahzob Posts: 2,195
edited September 2012 in Training, fitness and health
New power meter from Rotor on the way.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/new-rotor-power-meter-announced-eurobike-2012-35097/

Especially interesting, in light of earlier discussions about pedaling technique, it is the first on bike meter to measure right and left legs separately.

This means it should be capable of providing on road feedback of your pedaling skill as well as power. A polar analysis like the Wattbike would be great :) (though a tad dangerous... :? )

It it can (and assuming ofc it still measures power accurately) it will be the first in a new generation.

I predicted this but am pleasantly surprised by how quickly its happened. I also expect;

- some cynics will just rubbish this as a marketing gimmick
- nonetheless those with an open mind will find they can improve their performance with the help of this new information
- the idea that pedaling is an innate skill that cannot be improved will be consigned to the same dustbin as the idea power meters are just an expensive toy

Watch this space..
Martin S. Newbury RC

Comments

• okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    There was a press release released for power2max very recently which is going to make that unit able to do the same things.

Much cheaper I bet, too.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    bahzob - are you actually interested in the product or are you just trying to start another debate with your forum nemeses?
    More problems but still living....
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    ^
    Some gentle trolling I'd guess.

I wonder if there is a bbright version.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    come on, lets talk about the value of left/right power data.....pleeeeaaaaase ;)
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...