Bryton Rider 35 question - Recording Turbo Sessions

shockedsoshocked
shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
Just bought one today basically for a bit of impetus for over winter.

I was just wondering if people use theirs to record turbo sessions? I tried recording my data (HR, cadence, time), but when I started recording the time function didnt work, just stayed at 0.00.00 I assume because I wasn't moving. HR and cadence worked. There is a log of this activity on the Bryton but I can't upload it to the website, basically it says it doesn't exist. I was wondering whether this was because I didn't move at all?

Anyone have any ideas?
"A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015

Comments

• dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    I don't own one, but if it's like an Edge 500, then isn't the cadence sensor also a speed sensor? Assuming you have it all set up right, then maybe you need to set a wheel circumference, rather than have it on auto and let the GPS do the distance. If you haven't ridden it outside yet the GPS won't have had the chance to calculate your wheel circumference.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • The sensor can double as either speed or cadence, but not both. I think there's an issue with uploading activities according to a few places I've looked on the web.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Its ANT+ compatible so you could in theory buy any other speed/cad sensor and it should work.
  • Its ANT+ compatible so you could in theory buy any other speed/cad sensor and it should work.

Yeh I can do that! Might have to buy another.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Is there an autopause option on the device?
    More problems but still living....
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Its ANT+ compatible so you could in theory buy any other speed/cad sensor and it should work.

Yeh I can do that! Might have to buy another.
    Check out the Wahoo Fitness speed/cad sensor. It should be cheaper than the bryton one and saves you having two on the rearstay.