Sportives?

2»

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I love doing them and have an enjoyable trundle around some areas of the country that I wouldn't get to see otherwise. I must admit that I do find the competitive element quite unnerving. Some are clearly there to race and seem to have little regard for slower riders and those who are not so bike savvy. And they often seem to start towards the end of the starting groups so are always silently whizzing by. I've seen some fearful risks taken on public roads by those who seem to like life in the peloton ... But then I suppose there are idiots everywhere in life so why should cycling be any different
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    sub55 wrote:
    saprkzz wrote:
    I do enjoy sportives, They arent a race, because "most" people just ride for fun and taking part is all that matters.

I personally ride them as fast as i can go, push myself to the limits, I am not racing anyone but myself. I did a good one this year in 1hr 55, and my target will be 1:45 next year, I am looking forward to seeing if I beat my time.

Why is there a big queue by the timing van at the end of the sportive? cos people are intersted in how they do.

anyway, its only the slow ones that say its not a race hahaha :lol::lol:

So how many miles was the event to finish in 1.55? How much money did it cost you?
    Fully admit i never did get this sportive thing .

This was a 42 mile route, cant remember the cost, probably around £25 i would have thought. I enjoy sportives better than going on a club run, i think cos you feel like your being involved in something, an event if that makes sense.