Am I reading this right? Rick has suspended DDD?

Comments

• TheStone wrote:
    His week ban must be nearly up now?
    .... this could be quite funny.

I have a feeling that it may take as long for his ban to be lifted as it took Bottom Bracket to be created.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X2B9zLrsXE

This was (honestly) the third video I saw when I searched for Rick.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'm not making any comment here, just noting that a very funny site called Sniff Petrol dot com does a lot fake ads & photos, including this one here. It made me larf.

spad_moderator.jpg
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Similarly not making any comment, but that is quite funny. :D

Another unrelated observation:
    The best moderators, people like supersonic or nicklouse on BR generally only contribute to threads to give technical input or teh beenfit of their experience etc, rather than get involved in lots of banter, highly opinionated threads etc. As the old saying goes, you can't be the foreman and be one of lads.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    But isn't that why Rick was made a mod? The powers that be wanted one of the commuters to be a mod as a result of DDD's rant about girly pictures offending his new found sensibilities.
    The irony that he has been banned by the mod that he begat is not lost.
    Additionally Supersonic and Nicklouse do post a lot more on the MTB fora.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,316
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The powers that be wanted one of the commuters to be a mod.

Clearly they picked the wrong one then.
    As the old saying goes, you can't be the foreman and be one of lads.

Hammer.Nail.Head.

Wonder who else is on Rick's list?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Noted that Rick has had a minor input on this thread.......Does Rick now live in fear of the fury that could be unleashed from he of 'The Power Awesome'....

Perhaps Rick can get me banned from the pub across the road too - may help me out financially.

I think I should be banned from my current debate with slowbike....not just slow on the bike by the look of it :roll:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,340
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I think I should be banned from my current debate with slowbike....not just slow on the bike by the look of it :roll:

BR's answer to Paxman vs. Howard?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    The powers that be wanted one of the commuters to be a mod.

Clearly they picked the wrong one then.

You would have thought that "not being argumentative" would be a prerequisite on any eligibility list. Apparently not.

Wonder who else is on Rick's list?

Don't be silly. There's no list.

He has files. Cabinets of files.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • gtvlusso
    rjsterry wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

BR's answer to Paxman vs. Howard?

Yes, but without any intelligence on either side...

post-15-84061-idiot.jpg
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The powers that be wanted one of the commuters to be a mod as a result of DDD's rant about girly pictures offending his new found sensibilities.

Is this Rick ?

132182960990s.jpg
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    jejv wrote:

I can do without D's narcissistic content-lite rhetoric.

If I look at a thread, then generally, if it's a thread started by DDD, I'll pass. But then there's been a lot of threads like that.

AND
    Paul E wrote:
    jejv wrote:

narcissistic content-lite rhetoric.

I love that phrase, sums it up nicely.

And yet both of you, who complain about me, spent a large part of last week (in fact all of it) posting in threads about me? Funny that.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • keren-su-chinstrap-penguin-jumping-on-ice-south-orkney-islands-antarctica.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    This thread will be gone within 15 minutes, just like the others. I'm counting three deleted in the last 5 minutes!
    Rules are for fools.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Waddlie wrote:
    This thread will be gone within 15 minutes, just like the others. I'm counting three deleted in the last 5 minutes!

Agreed - very odd. Especially the ones in office which is where Rick told him to post?!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • waddlie
    I posted a thread in office complaining about the quality of moderation and making a couple of constructive suggestions which could improve matters. It's been deleted with no warning and no explanation. The only thing I can think of was it hurt someone's feelings and therefore broke Rule 17...
    Rules are for fools.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It's been moved elsewhere for the moderators to deal with.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Are we not allowed to have a say? Do we get to know the outcome?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • It's been moved elsewhere for the moderators to deal with.

Helpful.

The Recycle Bin?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • waddlie
    Rick - what about the others? And could I not have had a PM to explain? I'm honestly not trying to be inflammatory here but your credibility is being threatened by the apparent cloak-and-dagger stuff.
    Rules are for fools.
  • rick_chasey
    Waddlie wrote:
    Rick - what about the others? And could I not have had a PM to explain? I'm honestly not trying to be inflammatory here but your credibility is being threatened by the apparent cloak-and-dagger stuff.

My credibility?

I've not moderated a single bit today save for moving a bit of spam.

Just calm down. It'll sort itself out.
  • rick_chasey
    Have a little patience.

SNF18TV2A--_1510764a.jpg
  • waddlie
    "Your" as in "the moderators" - just saying that a bit of transparency would be nice. If you're busy looking at it then just let people know and they're more likely to be patient.
    Rules are for fools.
  • DonDaddyD
    Waddlie, guys,

I appreciate the support and yesterday was only intended to be a little bit of 'angry childish fun'. It was never to be taken as seriously as it was by some (not me though, I'm too cool for that). I really do appreciate the support and I understand that this isn't (probably never was) about just me.

However, If I'm reading this correctly the removal/deletion happened, I hope, because I advised that the post - and by extension the thread and other related comments - to be removed - See they really do listen to the community/me. If that is the case, then I'm willing to drop the issue, move on and accept that no further action on this issue is taken by me, us, you, them or the moderators.

My personal feelings about the moderator's actions aside, it is not easy moderating someone like me. Sh*t I have enough time reining myself in. It certainly isn't easy moderating a community as closely knit into factions as this one. Mistakes happen, have happened and will happen. That said, a lot has gone on over a 3 week period and as much as I like drama (I would be so egging this on if it was happening over on Cake Stop :wink: ) it is getting a little out of control. It's not like when Porgy was ousted, that was fun, but all of this - mods, members, me - is about flaming what is essentially good people in our beloved Commuting Section (that we fought tooth and nail to keep untouched). If we continue it will ultimately harm the community and bottomline the community is what we all care about, it is what we've invested the most time in. So let's just stop on this issue, there will be other less damaging dramas'd.

(OK Rick, you can remove the gun from my head...)

Anyone fancy a bike ride? --- Which is the point and the perspective.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Have a little patience.

So what's happening?
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Stuff.

You've as much right as any member not to be bullied by other members.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Stuff.

Of course, and I think, I hope, that the moderators and some members have taken that on board today. If I am to 'learn lessons' then so have others.

I just think that enough has been said and documented and we now need to leave it, wait and see where they go from here. If in a months time its more of the same then sure 'forum war' we can send the hybrid lovers in first to absorb the first wave. Me? I hope that the community is still in a place where it feels comfortable organising the traditional Morpeth Christmas Party. Drinks are on Rick, I'm told.
    Food Chain number = 4

• gtvlusso
    Please lock the thread right now.... :shock: :D:D
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Stuff.

Of course, and I think, I hope, that the moderators and some members have taken that on board today. If I am to 'learn lessons' then so have others.

I just think that enough has been said and documented and we now need to leave it, wait and see where they go from here. If in a months time its more of the same then sure 'forum war' we can send the hybrid lovers in first to absorb the first wave. Me? I hope that the community is still in a place where it feels comfortable organising the traditional Morpeth Christmas Party. Drinks are on Rick, I'm told.

Explanation for the above: Rick has had DDD lobotomised. It's DDD McMurphy to Ricks Nurse Ratched :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • keren-su-chinstrap-penguin-jumping-on-ice-south-orkney-islands-antarctica.jpg

The penguin is jumping on thin ice

Jumping on thin ice.

Oh suit yourselves