Am I reading this right? Rick has suspended DDD?

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I read it as him being on holiday, but as you put it that way...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,316
    Hmmmm!

Not how I read it ---- but I see where you're coming from.

Rick?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Priory?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,713
    He needs some time to cool off.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    whyamihere wrote:

and grow up
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    If he cannot think of anything appropriate to say, he should restrict his remarks to SCR.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    whyamihere wrote:

You're back?!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,713
    *waves hand*

This is not the admin you're looking for.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    The popcorn I made won't keep for a week :lol:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Just read the post by Bartman100 in the locked thread and nearly wet myself. :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • whyamihere wrote:

So that's a yes.

Ridiculous.

Others have been suspended/banned for a *lot* more, and plenty have not been suspended/banned for a lot worse.

I detect a personal animus. Piss poor work, gentlemen.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Brilliant, a "holiday" from DDD. He'll just have to talk to himself, after all he does love the sound of his own voice!
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Greg66 wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:

So that's a yes.

Ridiculous.

Others have been suspended/banned for a *lot* more, and plenty have not been suspended/banned for a lot worse.

I detect a personal animus. wee-wee poor work, gentlemen.

What's he actually supposed to have done aside from being DDD? I've looked at the threads here and on Pro Cycling and it all seems to be his usual sort of thing.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    edited August 2012
    Greg66 wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:

So that's a yes.

Ridiculous.

I detect a personal animus. wee-wee poor work, gentlemen.
    +1, no reason to ban him this week more than any other
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    whyamihere wrote:
    *waves hand*

This is not the admin you're looking for.

+1 I also thought you'd abandoned us oldies (Greg esp.)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Bring back DDD - I don't always agree with him but he has a right to his ridiculous opinons :wink:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    No disagree ban him ban you all so I can race every page on the SCR thread uncontested although you lazy work shy bunch of waster barely get up before noon most days.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    'Fraid so.

For every poster complaining he's off for a week there's another who's PM or flagging complaints about his behaviour.

He'll be back soon and hopefully it'll be back to the DDD you lot like!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Some people need to grow up and stop taking the Internet so seriously......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Damn I'm barely active for a day, DDD gets suspended and Wallace posts again.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Harsh. :roll:
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Is it me or has Rick become a bit power mad since he joined he ranks of admin. is it true he's only 5'4"?
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    t4tomo wrote:
    Is it me or has Rick become a bit power mad since he joined he ranks of admin. is it true he's only 5'4"?
    Rick? Power mad? He's a lib dem...
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Ahem, doublepost.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    'Fraid so.

For every poster complaining he's off for a week there's another who's PM or flagging complaints about his behaviour.

He'll be back soon and hopefully it'll be back to the DDD you lot like!
    Really? By banning him we'll suddenly make him more agreeable? We can just ignore him. This is only the internet after all, it doesn't actually mean a fecking thing. Maybe just shorten his leash so he can't make a mess on the Pro Race forums.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Rick,
    Can you get DDD this as a welcome back present?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

But what has there been to complain about? He's just being DDD. It's not his fault (well, not entirely) that no matter how banal a thread he posts it generates about 40 pages of twaddle; it's sort of endearing in a way.

Still, I suppose the irony is that if you didn't want to listen to DDD, nobody forced you to look in a DDD thread; just like nobody was forced to look in "Girls in" threads!

Anyway, do tell whose been blabbing to mummy and we can burn them internet style.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • 'Fraid so.

With all due respect, that's bollocks.

The PMs and flags are (I wager) nothing to do with what he's done over the last couple of days, no matter what they say. They are payback for DDD having done a number - successfully - on CakeStop by gutting it.

It is disgraceful to see the admins who backed DDD then now turn round and suspend him because a bunch of people want to see a score settled.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Rolf F wrote:

But what has there been to complain about? He's just being DDD. It's not his fault (well, not entirely) that no matter how banal a thread he posts it generates about 40 pages of twaddle; it's sort of endearing in a way.

Still, I suppose the irony is that if you didn't want to listen to DDD, nobody forced you to look in a DDD thread; just like nobody was forced to look in "Girls in" threads!

^ This. I do think the man is a troll - not because he deliberately wants to wind people up, but because he likes to be the centre of attention - and what better way then courting controversy? - but does he really deserve to be suspended? The biggest fools are those of us - and I'm as big an offender as any - who rise to his nonsense.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    it was fun reading ddds rubbish live!

but rick was right to suspend him, just to give him time to cool off!
    i would like too think it would give him think, but there is not much chance of that.
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS