Calibrating problem

kamil1891
kamil1891 Posts: 658
Evening all,

I've got a problem for some time now and I don't know how to solve it.. When I want to calibrate my powertap wheel (the new Pro 2012 version), and I go on my garmin to settings-->ant+ power--->calibration, then the figure (~512) doesn't always show. Sometimes it shows for example 5 times in a row before the rides and on another day it just doesn't. It shows the torque if I push but not the calibration figure. I try to do different things, do some pedal revs, rescan for power meter, turn it on/off and it sometimes just doesn't work but then the figures during the ride are like usual. No strange numbers.

Does anyone know what is going on and has anyone encountered such a problem before? Is it the powermeters fault or garmins or mine (because I'm not setting it up correctly :oops: ) ??

Thanks in advance for any useful advice.

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Do you have a heart rate monitor? Is HR present selected on your Garmin even when you're not wearing the heart rate monitor strap?
    More problems but still living....
  • kamil1891
    kamil1891 Posts: 658
    Yes, I have the HR but usually I do not wear it. Is that the connection? :D

Turned it off now and it instantly calibrates. Thanks!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Yep, it's a 'feature' of the Garmin Edge. Bloody stupid feature, but since Garmin haven't addressed it in any firmware updates, it seems it's not a bug.
    More problems but still living....