Echelons

2»

Comments

• Hi folks.

The pros have it easy, riding echelons on closed roads.

For a real hard man's echelon - try an amateur bunch with the wind over your left shoulder - where the deciding factor on whether you can squeeze into the front echelon isn't the width of the road, but whether or not you're prepared to dice with death and oncoming traffic. The white line rule will not be in force because the comm is going to be 2 or 3 echelons back... There's always someone willing to try to add just one more rider's width...

Cheers, Andy
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Belkin-Omega-attack.jpg

gree-movistar-chase.jpg

saxo-rogers-attack.jpg

tdf13st13-group620.jpg

markcavendishstamandmontron.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    If you reverse the order of the last two, that's actually quite nice storyboard of the Stage...(Maybe add in the Valverde Puncture as second... ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Brian Holm gave a really good interview on the Humans Invent podcast last week (maybe Stage 5 or 6) on the science of echelons that's defo worth a listen after yesterday
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Brian Holm gave a really good interview on the Humans Invent podcast last week (maybe Stage 5 or 6) on the science of echelons that's defo worth a listen after yesterday
    I think it was Andreas Klier, not Holm
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    It was indeed, clearly getting my (German) hard men mixed up ;)
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    It was indeed, clearly getting my (German) hard men mixed up ;)
    Isn't Holm Danish... :mrgreen:
  • VEG0667.jpg

Tour of Alberta
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!